GTX50 Save Mode Issue

Started by tp4surf, September 11, 2022, 10:38:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tp4surf

After failing to discover an effective repair for the "volume drop" problem on my Fender Mustang GT40, I decided to upgrade to the Mustang GTX50. Thinking Fender had learned its lesson from the failures of the GT40, I was confident that the GTX50 would deliver on its advertising promises. Wrong. I purchased my GTX50 in Jan, 2022, and all was good. By March, 2023, I began to experience an issue with using the Encoder knob to select presets. I'd start to turn through the presets one at a time, and suddenly it would skip multiple presets. For example: 1,2,3-37,38,39. Because it was an infrequent event (and I really wanted to believe the GTX was improved) I have just put up with it. But this week it began to present another issue I can't ignore. After powering up, the GTX 50  shows all presets needing to be "Saved",  e.g. Red block around the preset's label and "Save" button lit up. Going through the Save process returns the label to Blue (or Orange if a Fav) but only for a few seconds when it returns to Red save mode. I first attempted a restore from a backup using Fender Tune, which was reported "Successful" but upon restart, the Save issue returned. I've been unable to Reset because I lose WiFi connectivity every time I restart. I navigate to the WiFi/BT menu, Select WiFi, enter SSID password, select connect, returns "Connected". Power-off, and then power-on simultaneously holding down Encorder and top Level button for 5 sec. Starts to look for upgrade, and then reports "unable to access WiFi". Just wondering if anyone has experienced this Save problem or anything similar. Also, open to any suggestions going forward..