Rodecaster Pro 2 … Thoughts?

Started by OBB, August 26, 2022, 07:44:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OBB

So last year, I gave a whirl around the version 1 model and it was one of those experiences that drop in the category of lack-luster... no effects, limited routing and just seemed well,  kind of clunky...

But now Rode has the new Rodecaster-Pro Version 2.... And now they have added effects, Eq's, compression and so on... so I thought I'd purchase one to use with my Mac M1 machines (Mac mini M1 & the new iPad pro 12.9 M1 I just purchased about a month ago). So I decided and ordered one from Alto Music...

Of the reviews on it, (but there seems to be a lack of ones pertaining to music production) it sounds like Rode is looking to step their game up a bit in the (production) area... Like adding simple on-board effects such as limiters, compression, delays, reverbs, chorus' & so on... and it looks interesting ....

Anybody have any thoughts or hands-on input on Rode's newest Pro 2 unit?

Thanks,
    G.

I

OBB

The only reason I'm asking this is that it reminds me of where I started .... After I spent years on an MTX44 cassette console... then my introduction into digital, Yamaha MD4 ... then to a MD4s ....then to an MD8 and then went to PC via Yamaha's PC driven DSP factory (with a pair of DS2416 cards & tethered to y analog mixers for some more depth & it was pretty simple) dropped into some of the earliest versions of Cakewalk ... It suited me for a decade & then some...

So, with the the new Rode-pro 2... It reminds me of where I started... and these days? I wake up, make my coffee, take the dog for a walk... And after that, I grab the nylon & and throw some junk out with thought...

I kind of like the fact that the unit does have effects within it. With options to ignore, Pre & Post...

So I guess I'll just have to test drive it & see what can happen with it...