Legg Riviera headless plus custom

Started by gekomax, June 24, 2022, 11:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gekomax

Hi there,
this is my new guitar made by a great Italian luthier. I'm gonna take it next sunday but I think it's gonna be a great musical gear.... If it's not a issue I put the web site and Facebook page's luthier links below:

https://www.legg-guitars.it/wp/

https://www.facebook.com/legguitars

================================================ GUITAR VIDEOS MADE BY ME ==================================

Pitch to Midi + Sustainiac test

Midi transcritpion test:

Well, you needn't

It Might as Well Be Spring

============================================================================================================

cheers
Gekomax
8)

Brak(E)man

swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

kimyo

simply beautiful! 

when convenient, please provide some feedback on the combination of the sustainiac and the sy-1000. 

aliensporebomb

That's a beautiful guitar - I also want to hear how that works.  I should just put my Gk3 on my sustaniac guitar for a change to try it.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Headless68

I have been looking at the Riviera trem system - looks really nice

gekomax

Thank you folks,
I'll keep you posted, I Just Need to spend a little time with the Guitar then I'll update the thread.

Cheers
Gekomax

Headless68

How are you getting on with it ? 
How is the Trem system ?
:-)

gekomax

Hi there,
sorry, I'm a bit late....

At first a cannot make to work the sustainac on the first two strings and on higher pitch:
On the first string (high E strings) was almost impossible to make the classic "infinite" sustain of sustainiac on all frets. To be precise: the sustainiac used to work with guitar PU on classic amp especially on distorted channel. But, using the GK for pitch-to-midi sounds (i use the SY-1000 exclusively for modelling and as pitch-to-midi conveter in combination with an Integra-7 and an Waldorf Iridium synths modules) the SY-1000 cannot get the sound sustained and after a bit sent a NOTE OFF midi message to the modules that therefore stopped the sounds. This phenomenon is due to the fact that the sustained tone on higher pitches/strings was enough strong for the audio-to-midi process. This was my assumption of course. I had some improvement raising the sustainiac and the bridge pickup and using a 0.11 E string instead of the classic 0.10 I'm used to mount on my other solid body guitar. Unfortunately this get worse the guitar set up (increase of buzzing, bridge become not correctly set, high action and so on).

Therefore I worked with the luthier to find a correct set up. After some working we arrived to a conclusion 2 weeks ago. After some playing the situation is now the following:

the sustainiac now works correctly* on every strings using Gk pitch-to-midi conversion but with some with some distinction between the first E string (0.10 gauge) and the other ones:

1) to make the sustainiac works on the first string I had to use the "harmonic" mode. Now, in this case something strange happens: if I use the Integra-7 module even if the sustainiac produce harmonics the pich made by the Integra does not change. It remain stable. If I use the waldof Iridium the module change the pitch to the harmonic made by the sustainiac. Maybe this depends from the preset setting loaded on the particular module. This need more investigation...

2) to make the sustainiac work on all the rest of the strings I need to use the "normal" mode for the last four strings and the "mix" or "harmonic" mode on the seconds. This made the external module to play pitch-steady notes on the last 4 strings and the same behaviour for the seconds strings – according to the module I use during the performance.

3) the bridge works very well but it needs to be correcly set up. At firs I had a little trouble with intonation but after the luthier work now I do not see any problem on the topic of "intonation". In comparison with the floyd rose / shaller bridge (actually I have mounted just this bridge on my other solid body guitar) palm mute technique is easer to put in place and the bridge avoid the annoying problem to inadvertently touch the classic floyd-rose microtuner and tha helps to keep in tune the guitar.

I wold like to make a video of this, because I think it shall made more clear what I'm now trying to explain...

sorry if it is not perfeclty clear, my english isn't so good...

Of course, I'm open to any suggestions or questions it might came from you....
Thanks!

Gekomax  :)

*for "working correctly" I mean that the synth tone reamins stable potentially for an indefinite period of time or eternally  ;D

maan108

Hi !

Compliment for custom options on your guitar, it's a very complete configuration.
I have seen on Legg site that Riviera headstock Plus HH price is 2340 Euro.
With all the other custom option (GK, Sustainer etc.) the final price will be very high.

If I'm not too much indelicate can you tell us more or less what the final price is ?

Maan108

gekomax

Quote from: maan108 on August 28, 2022, 07:11:47 AMHi !

Compliment for custom options on your guitar, it's a very complete configuration.
I have seen on Legg site that Riviera headstock Plus HH price is 2340 Euro.
With all the other custom option (GK, Sustainer etc.) the final price will be very high.

If I'm not too much indelicate can you tell us more or less what the final price is ?

Maan108

Hi, of course it's not a problem.
For the Guitar the price I payed was more o less this one you saw on the website, but with all customizations included (gk, sustainaic, 24 frets instead of 22 etc.). The luthier occasionally makes some discounts so is Better you start to follow his Facebook Page if you are interested. In this case I strongly suggest to contact him by email.

If you want to spare some Money you can choose the basic model because the plus Just Adds some  aesthetics  ;)

Cheers!
Gekomax

maan108

Hallo !
....many thanks for your good advice.  My wallet will be glad for it  ;)

gekomax

Hi everyone,
I just made a video to let you all guys know where I am with this particular guitar setup.
Please share your thoughts
Thanks!
Gekomax  ;D

Tech info:
Guitar sounds: Gk 3 PU modeled + Fractal AxeFX 3 JC120
Synth Midi Sounds: Roland Integra 7: saw Ld 1
Audo/midi converter: Boss SY-1000
Rec audio interface: Midas MR18
Midi mono/poly controller: Android Tablet + TouchOSC + Midi BTLE: Bluetooth midi controller: Yamaha MD-BT01 + midi merge hardware
DAW: Reaper v. 6.68
Galli strings 0.10

gekomax

gekomax