Introduce myself. 1967 is my favorite year in rock.

Started by underrock, June 20, 2022, 06:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

underrock

I am Underrock, garage rock guitar player.

Hi fellow Roland fans. I am still trying to learn. I have a GT-100 which really helped my with sound concepts. Now I am trying to use the 55 as my main practice piece, I am running it into a Carvin half stack with a real X100 set on 2 1/2.  :D

Chumly

Hi Underrock,

I am sure you'll have fun with your GR-55, it will certainly take you far beyond garage rock if you want it to, although it's not the fastest device for triggering samples (either via it's own internal ROM or externally via MIDI) it certainly does a lot for one box. If you are like many of us here, in another few years you'll have a larger collection of interesting gear, and you'll be making multiple connections via audio, MIDI, USB, etc.

You'll probably be much happier with a stereo pair of powered FRFR (full range, flat response) PA speakers for your GR-55, as compared to connecting it to a guitar amp.
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

abbaby

Listening with headphones is amazing. When I plug into my mono DC amp, it stills good, but not like that panoramic stereo.