Dive-bomb patch?

Started by ddemusic, June 20, 2022, 10:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddemusic

So I'm getting ready to play the musical HAIR. There is a war scene where they want me to do a Hendrix thing and I have nothing but hard tail strats. Does anyone have a patch that would allow the expression pedal to be unison with toe down and dive an octave when I roll it back?

gumtown

I don't specifically have the GT-1000, but on similar Boss devices, you would use the "Pedal Bend" effect and an Assign.

Assign 1***********
[Assign1: On/Off] = On
[Assign1: Target] = FX1:PEDAL BEND PEDAL POSITION
[Assign1: Min] = 0
[Assign1: Max] = 100
[Assign1: Source] = EXP1
[Assign1: Source Mode ] = MOMENT
[Assign1: Range Low] = 0
[Assign1: Range High] = 127

FX1 Pedal Bend***********
[PedalBend Pitch] = -12
[PedalBend Effect] = 100
[PedalBend Position] = 0
[PedalBend Direct] = 0
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Danelectro

Here's a patch that has three different dive bomb effects in it:

1) PEDAL BEND - The Expression Pedal is at true pitch at the heal-down position.  Pressing the pedal to the toe position drops the pitch by 1 octave

2) S-BEND (momentary) - CTL1 engages FX1 which is set to the S-BEND effect with a quick fall and fall and rise time.  CTL1 is set to "momentary".  Pressing and holding CTL1 causes the pitch to quickly fall 1 octave, releasing CTL1 causes the pitch to quickly rise back to true pitch (the fall and rise times are adjustable)

3) S-BEND (toggle) - CTL2 engages FX2 which is set to the S-BEND effect with a slow fall time and a quick rise time.  CTL2 is set to "toggle".  Pressing CTL2 engages FX2 which causes the pitch to slowly fall 1 octave and it holds there.  Pressing CTL2 again quickly raises the pitch back to true pitch.  (the fall and rise times are adjustable)

The attached MP3 has two 4-measure audio clips: 

- In the first clip, the PEDAL BEND effect is used for all four dive bombs  (a quick toe-down-and back for the first 3 measures and a slow toe down for the 4th)

- In the second clip, the the FX1 (S-BEND) is used for the first 3 quick dive bombs by pressing and releasing CTL1.  In the 4th slow dive bomb, I pressed CTL2 which engages the FX2 (S-BEND) which is set for a slow dive.