Increment/Decrement USER patches with wireless FTP

Started by Rusty Kirkland, June 02, 2022, 02:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty Kirkland

another ! newbie post.. .yes I've been reading the manual...   I have wireless FTP.  If I do a normal boot into Basic mode can I increment/decrement between User Patches with the D pad?

It sounds like if I boot into Hardware Mode that that incr/decr between Hardware Patches, not User Patches....

For stability reasons I'm hoping to do settings in the software and then close the software...   I'm using CWalk and am on the newest FTP version.
Rusty Kirkland

FishmanSoftware

Quote from: Rusty Kirkland on June 02, 2022, 02:29:09 PManother ! newbie post.. .yes I've been reading the manual...   I have wireless FTP.  If I do a normal boot into Basic mode can I increment/decrement between User Patches with the D pad?

It sounds like if I boot into Hardware Mode that that incr/decr between Hardware Patches, not User Patches....

For stability reasons I'm hoping to do settings in the software and then close the software...   I'm using CWalk and am on the newest FTP version.
Rusty Kirkland
Here is what I wrote to you on the TriplePlay Facebook forum:
When in Basic mode, which is the very simplest mode of operation, the up and down buttons increment and decrement program change numbers. In Basic mode you can also toggle pitch bend (with 2 semitone bend range) on and off. The controller is always in Poly mode in this case (all strings on the same MIDI channel, and you can only bend if a single string is sounding.
User patches are only used in Software mode; Software mode automatically switches on when the TriplePlay is connected to the Fishman Mac/Windows TriplePlay software or plugin. The User patches can only be selected/edited/stored/displayed in that software or plugin. If you quit the software, you would need to reboot the controller to go back to Basic mode or Hardware mode.
When you boot up in Hardware mode (by holding down the up button when powering on the controller), yes, you scroll between hardware patches, which are stored in the controller, but can be viewed and edited in the TriplePlay Mac/Win software.
So if you want to use the TriplePlay Mac/Win software, you are going to be in Software mode, which will turn off Basic and Hardware mode. The up and down buttons will increment through whichever list you have clicked on in the UI.
If you are *not* using the TriplePlay software or plugin, then you can decide if you want Basic mode (the most simple operation) or boot up in Hardware mode (you can control how each patch is configured).

Rusty Kirkland

That was a WONDERFUL Reply... thanks so much!
Rusty