Source Audio - Ultrawave - multi-band distortion

Started by mchad, February 13, 2021, 04:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mchad

Releasing in March apparently. To say it's fulsome for a distortion pedal is an understatement.

https://www.sourceaudio.net/blog/source-audio-ultrawave-editor-a-closer-look

Preliminary video

80 beta version pedals were released the other day. For the US only. All gone. One is coming to the Land of The Drop Bear though. Shhhh...

kevorkian

I still have the original pedal. It's absolutely huge but has some incredible sounds in it. Glad they are finally remaking it. I'll definitely pick one up.

mchad

Mine arrived today. Had a very quick play. Some cool tones. Will need some (lots!) time to dig in. Did audition some user presets from the Source Audio cloud and there's some interesting tones lurking inside. Just to re-iterate. It's a compressor/band splitting distortion/tremolo/EQ/Ring mod...with LFOs. etc etc. Value for money.

philjynx

There's reverb or some other delay in places (or so it seems to my ancient ears) it's not clear (and not stated) that what we hear is entirely from the Ultrawave. Anyone know the score?

Edit: I'm referring to the 'Official Demo' posted just before this....

mchad

Quote from: philjynx on March 16, 2021, 05:35:32 PM
There's reverb or some other delay in places (or so it seems to my ancient ears) it's not clear (and not stated) that what we hear is entirely from the Ultrawave. Anyone know the score?

Edit: I'm referring to the 'Official Demo' posted just before this....

Yes I can hear some reverb or delay. And that might be from other Source Audio pedals. I will definitely be using my UW with delays. Synced up with midi clock. Should be fun.