Boss RC-505mkII

Started by admin, August 30, 2021, 11:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Chumly

I have a Boss RC505 Mk1. It will be interesting to see if there is enough of a difference to warrant me upgrading.  So far it does not seem so, for me at least, because the underlying looping functionally does not appear to be much changed.
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

plexified

Aside from the free upgrade that happens to your brain when using the 505, the guitar player that processes *floor* to *table top* will have an epiphany. I did. I thought it has to be controlled by my feet or I am a loser on stage. WRONG ! Way wrong. I started to "Cave" and entertain the idea of hand control over a very long period of time. As a side project and as a solo project, I ran the gammet of solo acoustic to the current loop station powerhouse live mind blowing show. I saw the possibility with Dovydas and his live show which was born out of his story. A mind blowing story. And when the looping *concept* makes sense in your own mind and you realize you can play any song, ANY song, or anything its a day you drop to your knees and give thanks. Jeff Beck performs and when he does he plays anything he damn well wants with his band. However, Imagine if he had no band. Then what ? Jeff is solo. Have you ever seen Jeff Solo ? I have not , however, my neighbor has ! and she says, aside from his amazing personality, she didn't know he was Jeff Beck until weeks later. He was a guest at her party a few blocks from me. Yes he played some guitar and that was it. Memory holed. So Don't be like Jeff. Get a  505 or 505 II and get your shizzle buzy. I know a guy or two that have bought a few houses and cars with a 505 ;-) The only thing that matters is they probably increased the fidelity. A big welcome, aside from that, they better not have messed with it, or I buy another 505 to hold me over.

plexified

plexified

So far it appears BOSS has crushed it with the MK II. Most of the pros have had them for a few months and are not yet posting demos yet. This is because they have a competition coming up shortly and they are trying to master the new toolset and expanded capabilities. The RC-600 shows much of the conversion to hardened floor unit and this Next Gen reflects all the input applied to the update. Major MIDI integration has been kept and improved upon so its all systems go as they trickle out.