Fitting FTP closer to bridge?

Started by guitar_dude, April 10, 2022, 12:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guitar_dude

I'm looking for tips on how to better fit the FTP Connect closer to the bridge on my guitar.

Pic #1 shows how the FTP won't quite line up against the guitar bridge. Pic # 2 shows how I could mount the pickup if it would still work correctly in this position (not sure about this). Pic #3 show a white line through a section of the TP where I could possible cut the pick up if it is safe to do so if it would not do any damage to the TP pick up (e.g. if there are not any wires or electronics under the plastic portion of the TP).

Would really appreciate any help or good advice on how to best go about this.

admin

In #1 & #2, you realize your low E is not under a pole piece on the Tripleplay PU , and will be muted

#2 is ideal distance from bridge

#1 is too close to the bridge on high e, b = lower volume of each string=poor tracking

guitar_dude

Thank you very much Admin for your help. I will try the 2nd pic position for the TP pick up as you suggested. I only thought it might be a little too far away from the bridge, but as you say, it isn't. And worry not, I will line up the pick up under the strings properly when I go to permanently mount the TP.   :)