GT1000 core Amp CTL problem

Started by NoTime, April 02, 2022, 04:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoTime

problems with the Amp CTL function, trying to control channel switching to my Amp-1 and it has been impossible (for me),
the Amp-1 channel switch is super basic with a latch switch and a TRS cable (already tested with Nux nmp2 and with Behringer AB 200),
I am using the CTL 4/5 of my GT1000c. the Hardware Settings menu option is set to Amp CTL and I even hear the GT1000c make a clicking noise inside but no change happens,
the CTL4 and CTL5 control function has been selected for Amp ctl 1 and 2 or even turn off just for test but not channel change on Amp1,

??? any ideas or am I missing a step?

:(

NoTime

i don't know how, i just repeated the same steps and now it's working

;D

markTNBP

Hello there..... I've been experiencing the same problem and cant find a solution.

Im using a Boss GT-1000 core into an AMP1 Iridium, a TRS cable from the CTRL 4,5 jack socket into the Amp1 remote jack. The GT pedal is set to AMP CTRL-1 on a switch (which is successfully switching as I can see it on the pedal display screen) and can also hear it clicking when I press the button but the AMP 1 doesn't respond. I've tried using both AMP CTRL-1 / AMP CTRL-2 settings, both external pedal sockets on the pedal, cycled through all the Amp Control hardware settings (latch / pulse / invert) / both normal and TRS cables. I even tried making a setting in the 'control assign section' mirroring what the other switches were trying to do but without success. For the AMP1 I performed a factory reset as well to see if that helped but it's still not responding.

Do you have any idea how you managed to solve your issue since you last posted? I saw it was a bit of a mystery but over time has anything made itself more clear? Any help would be greatly appreciated..... Thanks

Boisdelac

Are you sure, you are using a correct cable between CTL 4/5 and your amp 1 ... because CTL 4/5 is a TRS (stereo) connector. I wonder if the switch function is between tip/ring or tip/sleeve.

markTNBP

I think so, it had the 2 rings so it should be a TRS cable. I did try with a mono cable too but couldn't get a response from the amp1 with either of them. Definitely a head scratcher....

Elantric

The Boss GT-1000Core in AMP Switch Mode is using FET Switching. Not open floating mechanical  Relays required by some Amplifiers,  including BluGuitar AMP1

markTNBP

Thanks for the reply Elantric. I don't know much about electronics but this seems to make more sense. If this is the case, is there any kind of converter I could put between the Boss GT and the AMP1 to convert this signal from FET to Open Floating Mechanical?

Boisdelac

It should be a trs connector on the gt1k side and a mono 1/4" connector on the Amp 1 side ...but you shoult try to connect tip to tip and ring to sleeve or ring to ring and check which parts of the connector are the switching parts.

Hammerhands

Quote from: Elantric on April 15, 2023, 10:50:40 AMThe Boss GT-1000Core in AMP Switch Mode is using FET Switching. Not open floating mechanical  Relays required by some Amplifiers,  including BluGuitar AMP1

I'm surprised they click if they are FETs.

Boisdelac

My fullsize GT1k does have clicking FETs, i asume relays.  Must be a different design compared to the core.

Okokokok....back to Start....concerning the manual of Amp1 and GT1k core you need a 1/4" TRS cable between the core's ctl4/5 and the remote input of amp1. You need to switch off both units before you connect them. You need to set the ctl4/5 to amp control. Try the latching mode and the impuls mode. You should be able to switch between two different Amp1 amp modes and switch the boost on and off.

Hammerhands

Quote from: Boisdelac on April 17, 2023, 07:26:18 AMYou need to switch off both units before you connect them.

I think that's important.

Probably turn the GT1000 on first.

Set Menu->Hardware Setting->Other->CTL 4,5 SETTING to AMP CTL
Set Menu->Hardware Setting->Amp Control->AMP CTL1 to LATCH
Set Menu->Hardware Setting->Amp Control->AMP CTL2 to LATCH

Boisdelac

And of course you have to programm a GT1k core patch which switches the amp controls on or off or assign a CTL Pedal to do so.