Bought a Win Xp laptop just to operate Workbench, but it is not working

Started by GusMachado, March 08, 2022, 01:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GusMachado

Hi everybody.
I recently bought a Variax 700. And I'm a Macbook M1 user. So, no chance of using Variax USB INterface + Workbench.
I went online and bought a Compaq Win Xp Notebook to be able to tweak my variax, but with no success.
I installed both Workbench and Monkey but none is recognizing my Variax or my Usb interface. It is like no device is connected.
Can anybody help me with this?

gumtown

Windows Xp is 20 years old, and does not "auto install" USB devices, you will have to find a Windows Xp driver and manually install it.
I believe you need Line 6 Monkey installed.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

GusMachado

Quote from: gumtown on March 08, 2022, 01:43:39 AM
Windows Xp is 20 years old, and does not "auto install" USB devices, you will have to find a Windows Xp driver and manually install it.
I believe you need Line 6 Monkey installed.

I'm using the Line 6 Monkey driver. But nothgin happens anyways :(

Jim Williams

I think you need a Windows XP compatible driver. the newest Line 6 drivers are most likely made for Windows 7 or higher. I am no expert, and I might be wrong, but it makes sense to me. I bet gumtown might know better than me. If you are brave enough, try linux... I got some cool stuff to work in linux with no drivers. I have a Roland XV 2020 that I edit it in Linux, and I can't get it to connect in Windows. I have wine install so the windows editors will install and run. Mostly it only works with older windows software, but workbench might. If not for the fact that I need a Windows computer for some of my software, I would use Linux all the time.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

admin

Be sure you
Use Variax Workbench USB Interface
Install WinXP driver

Install original Workbench.
Not Workbench HD

Use Variax Workbench USB Interface

Or POD XT , POD HD500