GT-1000Core Tuner Malfunction

Started by micdim, December 18, 2021, 10:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micdim

Hey everyone this is a mystery to me?

Last night when performing & I went to use my GT-Core's Tuner, it had automatically switched from Mute to Bypass mode & A440 to A445? I'm using a computer to automatically change my patch program numbers,but have never seen this? Is it possible to change these parameters through midi program or CC change numbers?

Anyone experience this weird anomaly? If so any thoughts, fixes or where to send this report?

Thank you for your time!

jwoertz

Strange! Are you sure you didn't possibly hit the knobs that change this setting Keith your foot? They are right there above the foot switches.

micdim

Hi Jwoertz,

That would mean I hit both the Output knob and made it Bypass, and at the same time the the Pitch control changing it to A445?

Thanks for replying. This gave me an idea to disable the knobs when performing.

thank!

jwoertz

Yes, try locking and see if it happens again.

micdim

micdim

Well it seems the possibility exists that my foot may have hit the 2 knobs above the 2 Switches you have to press to get to the tuner. Knob One above changes the Pitch, and Knob two changes the Output from Mute to Bypass. The chances seem pretty good for this to happen when you look at the design, and where the knobs are right above the switches.

I tried to Lock the Knobs, but it doesn't work when you're in Tuner Mode. Go figure, it only works when you're out of tuner mode.

I hope this gets fixed in a later update, to have the Tuner knobs also Lock when locking all knobs. As it stands now, this is a serious flaw in design without being able to lock the Tuner knobs, or shut off their use.

jwoertz

Yep, thought so! There is a work-around if you're using an expression pedal though. Set the pedal function to "volume (or whatever) / tuner" and it will go to the tuner when you heel down (toe up). So no more holding down two switches to get to the tuner.

micdim

Excellent Idea jwoertz, however I'm not using a volume pedal, but I've now made the CTL 1 Switch Manual System wide, and my foot can't hit any of the knobs. Great and Thank you!

P.S.
I have a computer changing all my program patches live, so I don't need the control 1 switch, just the up/down.

Thanks again, much appreciated!

admin

QuoteP.S.
I have a computer changing all my program patches live, so I don't need the control 1 switch, just the up/down

All the more reason to use a separate hardware MIDI MONITOR (I use an iPad running MIDI WRENCH app , with a Roland UM-ONE MK II) and verify exactly what MIDI Data is being transmitted.,it might be different than you expect

Use a third party MIDI MONITOR APP to debug/verify MIDI Commands
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=2975.0