GT-1- Help with pedal to amp setup

Started by Mando971, December 14, 2021, 04:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mando971

Hi all,

I'm looking for help with getting the optimal setup for a gt-1 connection to a peavey bandit 112 for stage usage also master output levels.

I've tried the front of the amp on the clean channel but is very muddy and does not cut through. I would like to use the preamps on the gt1 for the covers I play which are 80s hard rock.

I found that the patches are all at different levels.

Can anyone advise  :)

admin

Brak(E)man

As admin said.
+ the levels are different, best IMO and easiest is to set them up in a playing situation.
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

gumtown

The reason being, two preamps in series (one preamp driven into another) makes your sound like mud, and to use the GT preamps, you need to disable or bypass the Peavey preamp.

As the GT-1 has limited routing options (no send/return for four cable method), your best option is to plug the GT-1 output into the Peavey effects return loop, or power amp in, which one sounds best to you.

For the different patch levels, you are going to need to go through the user patches and learn to quickly Adjust Level then Write/save on each patch you use.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/