MS Windows 11

Started by admin, October 05, 2021, 11:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Mrchevy

Linux is looking better all the time. I've heard some recent computers won't be compatible with 11  ???
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

Schwoddel

Has anybody experience with Win 11?

Are the current drivers compatible?

Would be interested to know this for GT-1000 and GT-100

gumtown

I just brought a new choose-your-own-parts desktop system last week, i5 11500 cpu, Z590 mobo, 1TB ssd, 32GB ram.
A very overclockable system, but just running the ram at 3600 MHz for now.

Came with Win 10, but now updated to Windows 11.
I am yet to load in any equipment drivers,
But this is an essential mission that must be done, and I will post my results in the coming days.
My current gear to install are GR-55, SY-1000, VE-500, also a mk1 Katana and SY-300.
If these drivers can all load up, then I would not see any reason why the GT-1000 and GT-100 would not install.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

CodeSmart

Quote from:  gumtown on November 20, 2021, 10:49:52 PM
I just brought a new choose-your-own-parts desktop system last week, i5 11500 cpu, Z590 mobo, 1TB ssd, 32GB ram.
A very overclockable system, but just running the ram at 3600 MHz for now.

Came with Win 10, but now updated to Windows 11.
I am yet to load in any equipment drivers,
But this is an essential mission that must be done, and I will post my results in the coming days.
My current gear to install are GR-55, SY-1000, VE-500, also a mk1 Katana and SY-300.
If these drivers can all load up, then I would not see any reason why the GT-1000 and GT-100 would not install.
I have to do something similar as my 5 years old, at that time very qualified desktop (still ok) with handpicked parts today does not qualify for Win11. Not very environmental friendly at all.
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

DeRigueur

In some cases you can change the TPM setting in the bios to make it compatible with Windows 11.
Fender GC-1 -- Boss SY-1000 -- Alto TS112A

CodeSmart

Quote from: DeRigueur on November 22, 2021, 07:22:07 AM
In some cases you can change the TPM setting in the bios to make it compatible with Windows 11.
yes, but unfortunately it appears my particular motherboard is screwed. :'(
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

gumtown

One unfortunate side effect of using an 11th Generation intel CPU is my Mac OS virtual machines will no longer run.
Mac OS does not support the newer intel CPU.

But this machine sure boogies along, only using a default bios setting for XMP profile 1 (upping the memory bus speed by an incremental step), the system runs at 111%.
After the cold boot  P.O.S.T, the system is ready to use in less than 3 seconds,
Not like the old days where you would switch on, then go make a coffee while the computer starts up.
and I'm not going to mention earlier systems I had that used tapes to load up programs.

Only using the built in intel UHD750 graphics for now, but that is capable of running games like GTA5 and Fortnite (hey..the kids wanted these installed, not me),
they run at 1900x1200 at 60FPS with all graphics options enabled quite easily. 

I also have old hardware drivers I want to install too, 64bit ones that I have modified the Windows inf file, so require installing in "disable driver signature" mode,
if that exists on Windows 11. 
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

gumtown

So "disable driver signature mode" does seem to exist on Windows 11, which means if you have a compatible driver file (ie. Win 64 bit Roland/Boss or any other older driver),
then you should be able to install it (forcibly).

gumtown

Roland UM-One in TABLET Mode = good
Roland UM-One in COMP Mode   = good
VG-99 in advanced driver mode = good audio and midi
VG-99 Editor on Windows 11 = good although looks very small on a high resolution monitor.

All devices were auto installed.

Elantric