Pedal / Loop / Alternate / Sustain unstable? or is it just me?

Started by thegamemaker-fgn, June 02, 2013, 11:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegamemaker-fgn

Hi,
Anyone else finding the Pedal sustain / alternate / loop  unstable?

The Loop function doesn't seem to work for me. I think I can see (the midi indicator flashing)ie. it trying to play back the midi loop but I don't hear anything.

Also, is it normal to hear a dropout when the alternate is switched?, I guess its loading up the sounds for a second or 2.

Is anyone getting this pedal functionality working correctly and finding it useful?

Thanks.

Elantric-fgn

I assume since this is posted in the Tripleplay section, your question is related to the Fishman Tripleplay?

Need more data!

What Software? (Amplitube?, FTP GUI?, StudioOne?Komplete Kontact Player?)

What Loop Function?

If you are talking about the FTP GUI "Pedal Channel" - this doc explains how it works:

http://www.fishman.com/software/tripleplay/help/tripleplay_tut9.pdf
. . . the future ain't what it used to be . . .

thegamemaker-fgn

Wooh... That comes across as a little condescending.
Yes - Triple Play. I'm not an idiot. Yes - I'd read the manual on it.
Perhaps I could have titled it better. "FTP Pedal Channel - Looping not working". If it could be changed.

I'm using the software and instruments provided a default.

My 2nd and 3rd questions should be easy to answer if anyone's tried this functionality.

cc-fgn

There are a few problems with the looper in v1.0, but the good news it that they have been fixed, so it will be working properly in the next release.

But there should not be a delay when switching to the alternate sound as both are loaded when the patch it loaded. Don't know why that might be happening...

thegamemaker-fgn

Thanks CC.
Another quick one - The sustain pedal functionality is it meant to just effect the 1st Synth Channel or all.
For me: FTP standalone = just 1st Synth is sustained.
In FTP in DAW (Ableton Live) = all Synth Channels are sustained.
Also something strange, in the DAW the sustain message wasn't getting picked up by FTP if sent from midi Channel 1, so I translated it to Channel 2 using Bomes midi translator, then it worked.