G-Day From Zummooz

Started by Zummooz-fgn, July 04, 2010, 07:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zummooz-fgn

You  all  probably  know  me  as....Zummooz....from  Down  Under   ;)

As  I've  been  here  since  Oct  6TH  2009  
But  forgotten  to  introduce  myself......SLACK  I  KNOW.

HELLO  to  all.....I'm  Murray  &  about  to  hit  50 yo, But  still  feel  &  act  like  a  30 yo......LOL

Have  always  lived  in  the  Northern  suburbs  of  Sydney.......Australia......Down  Under

Well  1st  bought  &  started  playing  guitar  in  1975  as  a  15 yo  it  was  a  Les  Paul  copy  made  in  Japan  was  called  "Frog" 
Played  with  school  mates  in  back  garage  of  my  parents  place  &  when  anyone's  parents  went  away  on  holidays.
Back  then  we  just  played........Chuck  Berry......Quo......Nuggent......Purple......Zeppelin......Sabbath......etc 

At  17 yo  discovered  love  with  my  sweetheart  &  slowly  had  no  time  to  play  guitar, Doing  other  things  if  you  know  what  I  mean.

Married  her  in  the  early  80's, Bought  a  house, Had  two  adorable  loving  girls  ( both  turning  18  &  21  latter  this  year  )

Things  do  happen  in  threes .......late  90's  got  divorced, lost  my  dad, &  friend  Michael  Hutchence  ( vocalist  for  INXS )
All  in  a  6  week  period.

Worked  as  a  Butcher  from  leaving  school  up  until  that  time in  my  life.
Tossed  in  my  job, moved  back  home  with  my  mum, into  same  house  I  was  born  &  bread  in  &  I'm  still  there.
Looking  after  &  taking  care  of  my  dear  mum.

Started  up  my  own  business  in  outdoor  Property  Maintenance  ie:  Gardening.....Lawn  mowing  etc  still  doing  this.
Was  doing  nothing  but  working.......as  my  work  now,  used  to  be  my  hobbie.
So  I  was  slowly  going......'BRAIN  DEAD'......with  no  other  interests  in  life.   

So  one  day  I  walked  into  my  local  music  store,  where  I  1st  bought  my  1st  guitar  in  1975, still  the  same  owner.
Walked  out  with  a  cheap  Fender  squire  strat  electric  guitar  under  my  arm  with  practice  amp  &  zoom  foot  pedal 
with  some  drum  sounds  in  it.......Started  playing  having  lots  of  fun,
But  was  missing  something.  So  I  bought  Zoom  MRS  multi  8 track  recorder  complete  with  drums  &  efx. 
Then  start  recording  &  putting  songs  together.  But  was  still  missing  something,
So  bought  a  Bass  guitar,  starting  to  sound  better.
Then  discovered  Access  Virus  TI  Desktop  Synth  so  I  bought  this.......Now   it  was  sounding  better.

All  this  was  just  in  &  out  of  my  stereo  system  at  the  moment. 
 So  improved  my  setup  by  adding....
Apple  iMac  2.4Ghz  4Gb  (  my  1st  computer  )  interface ,  monitors , cubase 4  etc...etc...Now  started  sounding  much  better.
Then  bought  something  I  always  dreamed  of  owning  a  Gibson  Les  Paul  Standed  2007  model  non  chambered.

Then  noticed  Native  Instruments  'MASCHINE'  Drum  sampler, got  this  as  soon  as  it  was  released  &  love  it.
Then  proceeded  to  buy  Kore 2  &  heaps  of  Kore  sound  packs, then  went  all  the  way  &  got  Komplete 5 + 6
Now  using  Logic  Pro  Studio 9  to  do  all  my  recording's........ 

Then  fell  in  love  again,  This  time  with  new  Gibson  Dark  Fire.  Just  had  to  have  one  of  these.   :D
So  I  got  one  on  6th  oct  2009   DF # 2411
 Thats  when  I  joined  up  in  here  at  this  Great  Friendly  Informative  FGN  forum.

My  latest  addition  to  my  home  studio  setup  just  last  week  was  Roland's  VG-99  +  FC-300.........WOW 
Noticed  on  FGN  other's  raving  about  this  product.  So  owning  a  Dark  Fire  thought  these  would  go  well  together,
Which  it  sure  does !!

I  play  &  create  all  my  own  music,  As  I'm  not  in  a  band.

You  probably  don't  know,  But  Butcher's  have  there  own  language  (  Well  in  Australia  they  do  )
It's  so  you  can  talk  behind  the  counter  &  the  customer's  wouldn't  know  what  your  talking  about......
I'll  give  you  examples......"No  Good"   would  be  "On  Doog"    &    "Shop"   would  be   "Pohs"  Get  it......It's  kind  of  backward's   talk.

Needed  name  to  call  myself, couldn't  call  myself  Murray  &  The Dick Head's  or  whatever,  So  I  used  this  method  of  madness
to  give  myself  a  band  name........This  is  how  I  came  up  with  the  name  'Zummooz'     
Muz  is  nickname  for  Murray  &  I  bought  plenty  of  of  Zoom  product's,  So  I  put  the  two  names  together  in
Butcher's  lingo  &  bingo  you  get...........Zummooz 

Music  has  always  played  a  big  part  in  my  life  &  always  will,  Be  it  live  bands  or  just  listening  to  cd's  or  researching  all
aspects  of  the  music  industry.  

Now  I  have  a  complete  home  studio  setup  I'm  having  the  greatest  fun  you  can  imagine,  Doing  all  my  own  stuff
Anything  from  Jazz.....Rock.....Pop.....Techno.....Dance.....Weird.....Strange.....etc   etc.
As  I  don't  want  to  get  stuck  doing  one  type  of  style  of  music.

Life  is  so  different  to  the  good  old  days  of  reel  to  reel  4  track  recorders.
Todays  DAW'S  &  plugins  that  are  available  now  make  life  &  things  so  much  easier. 

Honestly  I  don't  think  I  need  anything  else  for  my  home  studio.........But  have  said  this  before !!!

My  biggest  problem  is  living  at  walking  distance  to  a  great  music  store.........To  easy  to  spend  money
Oh  well  might  as  well  spend  it  on  myself.  ;D 

I  don't  know  any  of  you  here  at  FGN  personally  or  met  any  of  you, But  sure  feel  like  I've  made  friends  here  at  FGN.
THANK  YOU  ALL  FOR  BEING  SO  HELPFUL  &  KIND.
 :)

Oh  by  the  way  I'm  no  longer  feeling  'BRAIN  DEAD'  anymore  !!
Have  learnt  so  much  in  the  last  4 +  years 
only  wished  I'd  never  given  up  so  many  years  ago.......Oh  well  thats  life.

I've  learnt  also  though  out  life  that  your  never  to  old  to  learn  anything.

MUSIC  MAKES  THE  WORLD  GO  ROUND  WITHOUT  IT........IT  WOULD  STOP

P.S......I  will  post  some  of  my  music  someday  here  at  FGN

SREEHC    MORF     YARRUM

CHEERS    FROM     MURRAY...............ZUMMOOZ
Q... What kind of advice can you give me ?   Tommy Emmanuel's reply ....

You move your hand Up and Down that long bit and the music comes out of that Big Black Box behind you !!

Brent Flash-fgn

Very interesting story Murrey! Thanks for sharing.

Music is such a wonderful thing! Sounds like you are doing something you really love!

Yea, never say, Honestly  I  don't  think  I  need  anything  else  for  my  home  studio........
You know that can never happen!  ;)

MCK-fgn

Quote from:  Zummooz on July 04, 2010, 07:42:57 AM
You  probably  don't  know,  But  Butcher's  have  there  own  language  (  Well  in  Australia  they  do  )
It's  so  you  can  talk  behind  the  counter  &  the  customer's  wouldn't  know  what  your  talking  about......
I'll  give  you  examples......"No  Good"   would  be  "On  Doog"    &    "Shop"   would  be   "Pohs"  Get  it......It's  kind  of  backward's   talk.

Uoy ekorb eht htao fo ecnelis. Rehctub's dliug si gnineprahs eht sevink rof uoy. Hctaw ruoy kcab!

For all of us non-butcher's ... Here's the equivalent of google translate for them. http://textmechanic.com/Reverse-Text-Generator.html

Great post Murray. Nice to know you.
Dark Fire Initial Check Out  - Q/A
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=31267.0

Caig DeOxit - Buy now before you need it !!!
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=31707.0

Zummooz-fgn

KCM  Ruoy  eno  suoiralih  nosrep. Erehw  od  uoy  dnif  eseht  sloot,  esoppus  'elgoog' .

Fi  I  wenk  siht  saw  elbaliava, I  dluow  evah  enod  eht  elohw  tsop  ekil  siht.

Uoy  kcarc  em  pu  htiw  rethgual.  ;D

I  wonk  I'ev  nekorb  eht  rehctub's  htao , I  ma  gnihctaw  ym  kcab.

Evah  a  etam  taht  nac  eticer  lla  fo  'Eht  Eerht  Elttil  Sgip'  ni  siht  yaw. Ti's  os  ynnuf.

Sreehc

You move your hand Up and Down that long bit and the music comes out of that Big Black Box behind you !!

MCK-fgn

Quote from:  Zummooz on July 05, 2010, 01:18:19 AM

Evah  a  etam  taht  nac  eticer  lla  fo  'Eht  Eerht  Elttil  Sgip'  ni  siht  yaw. Ti's  os  ynnuf.

I nac ylno enigami woh ruoy bup sgnituo htiw ruoy setam morf dlo syad dnuos ekil... Esrever gnirettel derruls htiw a tnip ro owt... Dnarg epicer.
Dark Fire Initial Check Out  - Q/A
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=31267.0

Caig DeOxit - Buy now before you need it !!!
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=31707.0

Sympodius

I thguoht ym Elgoog etalsnart Xoferif nodda saw nekorb rof a etunim ereht.
Time is not now; space is not here;
thoughts are not existence; and life not always clear ...

Gibson SG Voodoo (Serial: 00294552)
Gibson Les Paul Dark Fire (Serial: DF 0683)

Zummooz-fgn