Traveler Viabrant Deluxe mini JEM

Started by admin, July 11, 2021, 12:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Traveler Vaibrant Deluxe V88X

Genuine FR 1000FRT tremolo

Modeled after this Ibanez

https://www.j-guitar.com/gakkisommelier/review/2019/09/travelaer-v88.html

https://www.zapper.bg/itm/traveler-guitar-vaibrant-deluxe-v88x-cosmic-black-electric-guitar-224509216953

https://travelerguitar.com/products/vaibrant-deluxe-v88x-cosmic-black

Traveler Guitar Vaibrant Deluxe V88X
(Cosmic Black)
Regular price
$699.99

SPEC
• Housing: Alder
• Body thickness: 45 mm (1,75 ')
• Body width : 267 mm (10,5' )
• Neck: Maple • Neck
radius: 432 mm (17 ')
• Neck width at nut: 43 mm (1.69')
• Construction: bolt
• Fingerboard: Ebony
• Inlays for positioning: Slime Green Dot
• Surface: Gloss
• Frets: 24 Jumbo
• Nut and Bridge: Floyd Rose 1000FRT Black Nickel
• Hardware: Closed mechanism of black nickel •
Total depth: 64 mm (2.5 ')
• Overall length: 845 mm (33.25')
• Pickups: V88X Humbucker (8K Neck, 13K Bridge) and V88X Single Coil
• Pickup magnet: ceramic
• Конфигурация на пикап : Hum-Single-Hum
• Controls: force of sound, tone
• Pickup colors: Slime Green
• Control knobs: Slime Green
• Scale length: 648 mm (25.5 ')
• Audio output: standard 1/4 'Jack
• Strings: D'Addario EXL120 (plain steel .009, .011, .016, nickel wound .024, .032, .042)
• Body weight: about 2.55kg
• Case : Gigbag

Totally. Freakin'. Rad.
Uppin' the ante. Genuine Floyd Rose 1000FRT tremolo

And look, the Vaibrant Deluxe may be tons of fun and easy to travel with, but this bad boy is totally built for on-stage shredding. It's got a Floyd Rose bridge for cryin' out loud! This is the insane world of Vaibrant and we just live in it, so if you're up for it, get in. If not, get out of the way because we have some shredding to do!

Uppin' the ante with next-level fit, finish, and appointments. The V88X Vaibrant Deluxe is not only top-of-the-line in the insane world of Vaibrant, it's top-of-the-line PERIOD. For Traveler Guitar, for any guitar.

Full-Scale
The full-size neck leaves your hands in familiar territory for your practice sessions.

Humbucker / Single / Humbucker pickup arrangement
This pickup configuration allong with the medium output pickups and hybrid switching allows tons of tonal options.

Official Floyd Rose 1000 FRT Tremolo
A standard when you are looking for this dive-bombs and squeels, this double locking tuning system is built to last.

Gig Bag Included
The Deluxe padded gig bag offers great protection, and it fits easily in airline overhead compartments, trunks and cubicle crevices.

Take it with you
The compact size and light weight mean you can take this guitar places you would only dream of taking your stay-at-home guitar.

TEST DRIVE
See the Vaibrant in action.

Reviews
Specifications
Related Products
Support

Customer Reviews
Based on 17 reviewsWrite a review
5 Stars Kenneth R on Apr 11
5 Stars

Fun-!! Craig D on Mar 27
This guitar is fun and better than i thought it would be...

4 Stars John W on Jan 28
5 Stars

Outstanding value Emory M on Jan 11
Quality rivaling guitars at twice or more the price. Awesome aesthetics.

Plays like a Jem! Chayet P on Jan 01
Other than the tremolo you cannot tell a difference between the Vaibrant and Jem's playability. Plays smooth and the pick ups sound great and a 1/3 the size I take my guitar everywhere now. My new favorite guitar!

Bonedo Review
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&u=https://www.bonedo.de/artikel/einzelansicht/traveler-guitar-vaibrant-deluxe-v88x-hot-pink-test.html

whippinpost91850

thebrushwithin

Wonder if it balances well, not neck heavy.

admin

Quote from:  thebrushwithin on July 11, 2021, 08:48:14 AM
Wonder if it balances well, not neck heavy.

It IS a bit neck heavy ( explained in the 1st video review above )  - he  recommends using a Strap.

EDIT: upon delivery, after playing this, I find the Vaibrant Deluxe guitar is well balanced , with the crucial small  little  area of the body extended where you can rest your right forearm - makes this model superior to the Traveler "Strat Guard" model which lacks this important aspect. 

There is a lower cost Vaibrant standard with Maple Fretboard, and lower cost Floyd clone tremolo ( google shopping on "Traveler Vaibrant" can locate them used or "B stock  around $249
https://www.google.com/search?q=Traveler+Vaibrant%22&sa=X&biw=1033&bih=507&tbm=shop&sxsrf=ALeKk02h8gjTXbZdZ4pwYYPhBlQF4LrOSw:1626020455754&tbs=p_ord:p&ei=ZxrrYMzBLZXK-gTGy7CQBQ&ved=0ahUKEwiMkaadttvxAhUVpZ4KHcYlDFIQuw0IhAQoAg

The Vaibrant Deluxe has the upgraded Ebony Board and the genuine Floyd Rose 1000FRT  ( about $240 alone)
https://floydrose.com/products/frtp1k?variant=29839785042

( I located a gently used Vaibrant Deluxe without gig bag for nearly 50% less than MSRP at Sam Ash.

Fits in Fender mini Strat gig bag.

Fender FEMS-610 Mini Stratocaster Gig Bag Black
https://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/fender-fems-610-mini-stratocaster-gig-bag/l46288000001000?pfm=item_page.rr1|ClickEV

The body is 1.75" thick

FU Tone Upgraded version here, with Big Block, and Locking bridge
https://www.fu-tone.com/product/traveler-vaibrant-green/

I plan on installing a GK pickup ( perhaps the Shadow Gibson spaced from one of my ATG Kits , and feeding a side mounted mini Hex FX preamp. 

i own several travel guitars ( Traveler, MiniStar)  - a few purchased during a huge ProAudioStar "B Stock sale 3 years ago   - might add the screw mounted upper right elbow rest "pod" from a Traveler  Pro Mod  - as that really improves the playability  / usability balance when playing in a sitting position. Edit, not required, playabilty while standing or sitting is very comfortable, without "neck" dive!  !

Main attraction is the genuine Floyd and Ebony 17" radius board. and ability to get the guitar out of the bag in seconds and start playing. I recently joined two new bands for live gigs and have many new tunes to learn and get back into playing beyond just surf tunes.
probably use this with a Fender Mustang Micro and headphones at any location     

https://www.guitaranswerguy.com/how-to-lubricate-floating-tremolo-knife-edges/

admin

Here is Reason #43 why I hate Fedex

Guitar arrived - shipping in a large Korg Keyboard shipping Box that  looked fine, but no gig bag, no case, upon opening shipping box revealed only loose bubble wrap was employed.
The guitar apparently slid around during shipment , and in typical Fedex fashion,  the box was abused with a hard surface smack during overnight shipment - So Guitar now has a large black paint chip missing not depicted in the original ad pics - so this must be new damage)
If you want a instant Reliced Guitar - just ship it via Fedex

thebrushwithin

Yeah, I much prefer UPS. FedEx sucks in many categories.

admin

But regarding the Vaibrant Deluxe guitar,  -

This guitar  plays and sounds every bit as good as Thomas Nordegg's  genuine Ibanez JEM Vai model

its balanced in the sitting position and not too neck heavy at all - feel like playing a mini Strandberg 

The "Deluxe" Vaibrant has an excellent ebony fretboard and excellent fret job  - very "fast" neck" - best quality Traveler Guitar they make IMHO. ( as I do own a Traveler Speedster, Pro Mod, and the original stethoscope model   
- This  Floyd 1000FRT on my Vaibrant Deluxe returns to Pitch ( which can be a battle on many )  -

but I do plan on  installing a Göldo Backbox tremstopper

and D-Tuna

and Reverse mounted GK PU
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3365.0
(Yoshi should team up with Traveler for a "Vaibrant GK"!)

great playability which I can already tell i can modify my playing technique when sitting ( which is also the typical position I will perform with my Duo with a female singer) -  as the venue expects low volume ambiance decorative muzac wallpaper.
At least using a Looper I can make it interesting with this guitar as its small size, but full professional playability and sound makes  it easy to sneak this into the small  crowded dimly lit corner "stage" for my new "acoustic" ( which frankly means play  using a Mustang Micro straight to small PA at the the local wine tasting room  / craft beer house

Happy owner, although you need repair skills  to cover the surprise repairs when the "low cost deal" demands an unexpected back end paint touch up labor cost 

admin

Göldo Backbox Installed

I love it. Gives better stability and improves tone
Minimizes train wrecks when strings break

Its been a while since I owned a Floyd Rose guitar with this thin a neck, it uses 009 -042 strings , and its capable of extreme fretboard speed excusions.

I have a larger tremolo block arriving,  ( more mass = more sustain ) but after  carefull setup and resetting the Locking Nut height and centering (apparently was installed too hastily from factory) , and tightening the neck to body screws , this guitar is extremely stable and in tune up and down the fretboard. With plenty of sustain , and wide range of tones

Microphonic Factory pickups on my example , double as voice mics. Or make drum sounds by tapping the pickguard

Neck= 12.5K ohm
Middle single coil = 6.8k ohm
Bridge = 12.5 k ohm

Its humbucking in all PU selector positions,  with coil splits in #2. #4 positions. Exception is PU switch position #3 when middle PU is selected alone

Vol & Tone pots are 250k ( like Phil-X) which yield a mellower tone. But very smooth even tone at all volume levels,  without the immediate high frequency drop off at Vol = "7" , typical of 500k pots

D-Tuna just arrived to drop low E to D .

Vaultnaemsae

Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

admin

Indeed, read prior posts
(Yoshi should team up with Traveler for a "Vaibrant GK"!)

Although on my "used" example I can tell why prior owner sold it

* the Floyd Locking Nut was installed wrong ( paint under the nut
* Must have left in trunk of a car, as it warped the pickguard near bridge PU
- The pickups on mine are very microphonic ( maybe as a result of being left too long in a hot car trunk?)  - I'll wax pot them

And I'll mount a GK pickup

admin

Lamson Pre-wired pickup assembly for generic JEM
Includes wax potted pickups  $39 and minor mod for a couple screw holes drops right in on Traveler Vaibrant

Appears to be identical spec pickups and same wiring as stock Traveler Vaibrant pickups - but these are wax potted

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07V4DJNRL?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Will report back next week

admin

Fender mini strat F160 gig bag arrived , perfect fit for Traveler Vaibrant with 2 inches to spare , and large pocket for iPad and Mustang Micro

About the same size as a Steinberger case

adamlee011

They totally should have made these headless. It seems like the logical thing to do. They seem pretty cool but that headstock even looks out of place to me. It's like they cut out everything they could but that.

admin

Their goal was to use stock Floyd Rose tremolo.

most headless tremolo systems with tuners are pretty bad (Hohner Spirit)  .

And other extreme, the rare Steinberger with Transtrem - the parts do wear out, or mangled/ over torqued  by a prior owner.  I have a Steinberger ZT-3, but it needs to be disassembled and soaked in penetrating oil as prior owner never maintained the tremolo, and my example suffers from a loose rattling truss rod too - very low quality and nothing like a genuine Ned Steinberger built guitar.

And total lack of parts and zero service diagram of what torque settings to use makes the Steinberger ZT-3 tough to own.

admin

. .   . And now for something completely different

adamlee011

Quote from: admin on July 30, 2021, 10:29:57 AM
Their goal was to use stock Floyd Rose tremolo.

most headless tremolo systems with tuners are pretty bad (Hohner Spirit)  .

And other extreme, the rare Steinberger with Transtrem - the parts do wear out, or mangled/ over torqued  by a prior owner.  I have a Steinberger ZT-3, but it needs to be disassembled and soaked in penetrating oil as prior owner never maintained the tremolo, and my example suffers from a loose rattling truss rod too - very low quality and nothing like a genuine Ned Steinberger built guitar.

And total lack of parts and zero service diagram of what torque settings to use makes the Steinberger ZT-3 tough to own.

I've never been remotely interested in steinbergers other than the originals. If it's got a wooden neck, it's a Gibson. It's a travesty nobody makes them like the originals. I suppose nobody can but Gibson. They probably own all the patents.

Ras Marcus

Hello all, I'm new to here.I am looking to buy a Vaibrant 88 .I am a pro bass player firstly,and I play some guitar just at home.i have had a strat for years but want something with  Floyd,and I saw this guitar.BUT can the trem be set up so you can pull up on it? That would be a requirement for me.i have read one review that said there is wood under the back of the trem preventing it being set up that way.Photos don't clarify it for me as I am not an expert,although I understand how a Floyd works.I emailed the manufacturer but could get no response.Can anyone here help please?

Thanks !

MARCUS