Boss Pocket GT - The missing Expression pedal conundrum

Started by Antonuzzo, January 18, 2021, 03:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antonuzzo

Did anyone ever figure out why it includes effects that are dependent on an expression pedal, but no obvious way to attach one?

Or is there a secret Boss bluetooth pedal waiting in the wings?

Brak(E)man

Quote from: Antonuzzo on January 18, 2021, 03:15:33 AM
Did anyone ever figure out why it includes effects that are dependent on an expression pedal, but no obvious way to attach one?

I think Boss is relying on a vguitarforum workaround...
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

JiveTurkey

Antonuzzo

Quote from: Brak(E)man on January 18, 2021, 05:06:35 AM
I think Boss is relying on a vguitarforum workaround...

Oh, have they discontinued it already?

Brak(E)man

Quote from: Antonuzzo on January 18, 2021, 11:30:58 AM
Oh, have they discontinued it already?

Not the product , just the problem solving firmware updates...
But it's odd to say the least.
(A different issue but I always wondered why the(touch)auto-wha is located in the fx block on gp-10 and not in the dedicated wha-wha block....)
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

szszoke

You can assign them to the knobs on the unit. It will not replace your pedal but it's better than nothing.

JaredGunstonTV

EXACTLY what i thought when I dived into the FX chain! haha!
Currently Rig:  GT-1000 and GR-55.

szszoke

Now that the EV-1-WL is released, and BOSS updated the firmware of the WAZA-AIR and the KATANA-AIR to support a wireless expression pedal, I think it is time for the Pocket GT to receive support as well. I already wrote to customer support but I got back the standard reply saying they will forward the request to the office in Japan and that's it.

Hopefully they will update the Pocket GT too, but if BOSS wasn't planning on doing that then maybe some user feedback would help tip the scales.

szszoke

This is a quote from the website:
Quoteal. The EV-1-WL provides wireless foot control for BOSS products such as the EURUS GS-1 and Waza-Air, music apps on mobile devices, and anything that can receive CC messages via Bluetooth® MIDI.

Assuming that it is not marketing fluff and there is no compatibility issue between the two devices, they should be able to connect to each other even today.

What is missing is MIDI assigns.

There is no documented way that I know of to control the Pocket GT via CC messages. Only SysEx messages work and you have to decompile BTS to get the address map or reverse engineer the messages by spying on them. The EV-1-WL only seems to support CC messages.

szszoke

If you update to the new 1.20 firmware you can then use the EV-1-WL wireless expression pedal.

I suppose there was a secret Bluetooth pedal in the works.

https://www.boss.info/global/support/by_product/pocket-gt/updates_drivers/7b4005e0-f370-457e-82d4-297a97dd8ffe/

admin

Boss also updated Pocket GT firmware to support the new Boss 3 button wireless BLE MIDI footswitch , which also supports expression pedal