Just ordered the GT200 and a GTX7 footswitch

Started by lefty Freak, September 15, 2020, 05:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lefty Freak

About a year ago I had the GT100 and was severely disappointed when I tried to gig with it. Hoping that the new firmware is all it's cracked up to be because I also plan on running my GP-10 into it via stereo out to the aux in on the GT.

I do play in 3 different 2 guitar bands and all 3 of the other guitarists are running tube amps so here's to wishing it mixes well with those. A 2x12 stereo combo under 40lbs would be so perfect for my situations. A couple of the bands I am in require me to have quite a few "wet" sounds so having a gigantic pedalboard and a tube amp is more work than I am interested in at this stage of the game for me.

I bought it new and have 45 days to decide. 
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."  ― Anais Nin

jassy

Im thinking about it, let us know your impressions.

JiveTurkey

I think he pulled a "me" and sent it packing  ;D

admin

JiveTurkey

Quote from: admin on October 04, 2020, 01:03:39 PM
You sold your GT200?
Sorry,  I will keep the GT100 till it falls apart. He did that thing (I think) where he figures out quickly he doesn't like something and returns it. I might be wrong  :P

admin

Of course apparently footswitch operation is dependent on the alignment of the planets -as today I'm using my GT200 on latest firmware, with GTX-7  (CGPA20004823) and EXP-1 (SN CMTA19500114) with a short 6" coax jumper cable between pedals, and factory zip unshielded foot switch cable from EXP-1 to Mustang GT200 footswitch jack and so far its working fine with no problems , -much better than my last experience with GTX100.

Might be due to different generation EXP-1 pedals , my oldest EXP-1(originally used with my Mustang Floor is elswhere with my GTX100 .

Continued Anomalies:

Issue #1  - I do see that after my Amp is on, the Foot switch looses its mind after I connect to Fender Tone app, My GT200  will act like a 4 button foot switch is connected , Switch #5 will not work. Must unplug Footswitch cable and reconnect foot switch cable to allow GT200 to re-recognize the GTX-7 foot switch and  restore nornal operation.

Issue #2  - I  observe Footswitch PRESETS MODE LED is  tough to read or easily misinterpreted. The GTX-7 employs clear light pipe to SMD PCB mounted LEDS, and the red "PRESETS" MODE status LED will blink on/off at the current Clock Rate of any active modulation effects, posiible pilot error may occur if you have a slow clock on your chorus effect and you are standing off axis from the GTX-7, its very easy to believe the GTX-7 has lost its connection, when in fact its PRESETS MODE LED is simply slowly flashing at current LFO speed of the chorus effect engaged on the current patch. In practive t ive gig , its easy to think the GTX-7 PRESET MODE LED stopped working.

Issue #3 - The EXP-1 Expression Pedal left side Volume Mode is uses the  Green status LED, which is Extremely Dimly lit when active, and impossible read at outdoor gigs - often makes it tough to know which mode the  EXP-1 expression pedal is currently in.

I do wish in next Firnware  the EXP-1 Volume Mode control taper of the pedal could be modified, as currently its a dramatic drop in volume from full toe down vs lowering the volume just 10 degrees rotation towards heel , in other words bulk of volume control operation is a few degrees rotation in the toe down area