Roland GR-55 NORMAL PICKUP ON/OFF

Started by marianguitar, June 07, 2020, 03:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marianguitar

I wanted to ask for help in resolving this issue: I have a finished sound where I use MODELING TONE and NORMAL PICKUP. Everything switches to me as it should - see photo 1 on this page: http://mojagitara.com/roland-gr-55-normal-pickup-on-off/

Foto1: http://mojagitara.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/normal-picup-on.jpg

But when I write the patch, after opening EDIT TONE NORMAL PICKUP OFF is displayed (photo 2) !!! ???

Foto2: http://mojagitara.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/normal-picup-off.jpg

Only when I switch CTL To LED ON (MAX) and then back to LED OFF (MIN) will it start to display well. But when I switch to another PATCH and then return to this PATCH again, the situation repeats itself :(

I checked the settings in SYSTEM and MASTER and they should be set. Or how to check this exactly.

Why does it overwrite NORMAL PICKUP ON when writing to me Why does it overwrite NORMAL PICKUP OFF when writing? Why, when I then switch via CTL, it is already fixed to PICKUP ON but only while I'm in this PATCH. As soon as I leave it and then I return to it, it is initially NORMAL PICKUP OFF again, I'm already desperate!  :-[ :P :-\

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group marianguitar!  :)

marianguitar

Quote from: Brent Flash on June 07, 2020, 04:34:24 AM
Welcome to the group marianguitar!  :)

Thank you for the welcome :)

I owned a Roland GR-55 about 4-5 years ago. But then I switched to Line6 HELIX and now I'm at Kemper Profiler Stage :)

However, even after the experience with the Roland GR-55, I kind of return to this device, although probably as a supplement to the Kemper, we'll see.

I have all the things worked out at my guitar school at: www.mojagitara.com but unfortunately it is in the "Slovak" language.

Brent Flash

Quote from: marianguitar on June 07, 2020, 03:34:49 AM
I wanted to ask for help in resolving this issue: I have a finished sound where I use MODELING TONE and NORMAL PICKUP. Everything switches to me as it should - see photo 1 on this page:
But when I write the patch, after opening EDIT TONE NORMAL PICKUP OFF is displayed (photo 2) !!! ???
Only when I switch CTL To LED ON (MAX) and then back to LED OFF (MIN) will it start to display well. But when I switch to another PATCH and then return to this PATCH again, the situation repeats itself :(

I checked the settings in SYSTEM and MASTER and they should be set. Or how to check this exactly.

Why does it overwrite NORMAL PICKUP ON when writing to me Why does it overwrite NORMAL PICKUP OFF when writing? Why, when I then switch via CTL, it is already fixed to PICKUP ON but only while I'm in this PATCH. As soon as I leave it and then I return to it, it is initially NORMAL PICKUP OFF again, I'm already desperate!  :-[ :P :-\
I thought someone that has a GR-55 would chime in here and help but no one yet.

Usually when something like this happens it is some kind of CONTROLLER ASSIGN conflict or ASSIGN HOLD is doing it's thing and you don't want it to. Maybe a little more info would be helpful like if you are saving it ON or OFF and when you recall it what happens. Also if you have a controller assigned to switch it.

gumtown

It depends on which setting is used to control the Normal PU on/off.
A simple check is to save the patch with the Normal PU switched into the state which you want to start from the patch.

So if you toggle the CTL pedal a few times until the Normal PU is "on" then save the patch (press the 'write' button 3 times).
Then check the patch when selected.

If it is still "OFF" when the patch is selected, then look at the control function used to switch the "Normal PU on/off",
if an ASSIGN was used,
swap the Assign Target MIN and MAX values (if MIN = ON, set it to OFF, and if MAX = OFF, set it to ON).
Then save the patch in the GR-55, again with the NORMAL PU in the switch state you want it to be in when the patch is selected.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

marianguitar

Quote from: gumtown on June 07, 2020, 03:39:56 PM
It depends on which setting is used to control the Normal PU on/off.
A simple check is to save the patch with the Normal PU switched into the state which you want to start from the patch.

So if you toggle the CTL pedal a few times until the Normal PU is "on" then save the patch (press the 'write' button 3 times).
Then check the patch when selected.

If it is still "OFF" when the patch is selected, then look at the control function used to switch the "Normal PU on/off",
if an ASSIGN was used,
swap the Assign Target MIN and MAX values (if MIN = ON, set it to OFF, and if MAX = OFF, set it to ON).
Then save the patch in the GR-55, again with the NORMAL PU in the switch state you want it to be in when the patch is selected.

Yes, but the NORML PICKUP ON / OFF function DOES NOT EXIST IN THE ASSIGN SECTION!?!
I WILL MAKE PHOTO PATTERNS ON THE SITUATION. BUT I HAVE DOING IT YET IN TWO PATCHES WHAT I FIND OUT. EXACTLY SURE.

gumtown

If no Assigns are used, then the switching of the Normal PU can only be from two places.

1: if the Normal PU is switched on every patch, the setting in the System Pedal Function might be set like this

if the function is only switched with the CTL pedal on a few patches , then look at the patch Pedal Function for the CTL pedal settings.
If set like this, then swap the Normal PU On and Off Action setting, then save the same patch.

The screen captures are from GR-55 FloorBoard editor, which can be downloaded from
https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/files/GR-55/
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

marianguitar

I edited the following page on www.mojagitara.com and there you will find the new photos.

http://mojagitara.com/roland-gr-55-normal-pickup-on-off/

Your photos are great, but I still can't do with the SW. I have to look at it.

To be precise: I want to use the TONE SW settings for PCM1,2 MODEL and also NORMAL PICKUP so that I can set it in each PATCH according to the request, whether I want it in CTL on or OFF. So I want to be able to set ON or OFF in CTL MIN and MAX for each.

(Pre upresnenie: Chcem používať nastavenia TONE SW pre PCM1,2 MODEL a aj NORMAL PICKUP tak aby som si to mohol nastaviť v každom PATCHy podľa porteby či ho chcem mať v CTL on alebo OFF. Čiže chcem, aby som mohol u každého nastaviť v CTL MIN a MAX hodnotu ON alebo OFF.)

Mrchevy

Gummy, in the SYSTEM/GLOBAL section> Select> System Pedal and GK, shouldn't this be set to PATCH, That way CTL funtion is based on the patch settings rather than global settings?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

marianguitar

Quote from: Mrchevy on June 09, 2020, 08:19:31 AM
Gummy, in the SYSTEM/GLOBAL section> Select> System Pedal and GK, shouldn't this be set to PATCH, That way CTL funtion is based on the patch settings rather than global settings?
Gummy, v časti SYSTÉM / GLOBÁL> Vyberte> Systémový pedál a GK, nemalo by to byť nastavené na PATCH, Čiže funkcia CTL je založená skôr na nastavení PATCHu ako na globálnom nastavení?

SYSTEM / GLOBAL> Select> System Pedal and GK section I have set to: CTL Function = Patch settings

Mrchevy

I think I understand what you want.... If you want the Normal pickup on when you switch to that patch, you just go to EDIT> TONE tab>turn it on, then press WRITE , then WRITE again to save. BUT FIRST, turn off the ASSIGNS. I think your ASSIGNS is what is making it change to off when you select the patch. IF, after making the initial setting for the patch with the NORMAL PICKUP ON, If you then want to be able to turn the NORMAL PICKUP on or off with the CTL, you set an ASSIGN as follows.... ASSIGN=ON>  TARGET=NORMAL PICKUP LEVEL>   MINIMUM=0, MAXIMUM=100 (or preferred volume range)>  SOURCE=CTL PEDAL> SOURCE MODE= TOGGLE> ACT RANGE LO=0, ACT RANGE HI=127.

In the PEDAL>CTL tab, SW-OFF/ON on left side of NORMAL PU is the CTL status, on the right side is what it does when on or off So...

(A)  SW/OFF - NORMAL PU - OFF   ( if you want the NORMAL PICKUP off when the CTL pedal is off)
       SW/ON - NORMAL PU - ON   (if you want the NORMAL PICKUP on when the CTL pedal is on)

If you want to use the CTL to turn the NORMAL PICKUP on or off, but want it on when you load the patch, then set the ASSIGN setting the opposite....

(B)  SW/OFF - NORMAL PU - ON   ( if you want the NORMAL PICKUP on when the CTL pedal is off)
       SW/ON - NORMAL PU - OFF   (if you want the NORMAL PICKUP off when the CTL pedal is on)

A and B also applies to the PCM1, PCM2, and MODELING

This is how to set it up if you want to turn the NORMAL PICKUP on and off in the patch with the CTL pedal. If you want it on all the time in the patch, then just turn off the ASSIGN in that patch, you don't need it. I think from the pictures you showed, you are having a conflict with the ASSIGN settings.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

marianguitar

Quote from: Mrchevy on June 10, 2020, 07:24:36 AM
I think I understand what you want.... If you want the Normal pickup on when you switch to that patch, you just go to EDIT> TONE tab>turn it on, then press WRITE , then WRITE again to save. BUT FIRST, turn off the ASSIGNS. I think your ASSIGNS is what is making it change to off when you select the patch. IF, after making the initial setting for the patch with the NORMAL PICKUP ON, If you then want to be able to turn the NORMAL PICKUP on or off with the CTL, you set an ASSIGN as follows.... ASSIGN=ON>  TARGET=NORMAL PICKUP LEVEL>   MINIMUM=0, MAXIMUM=100 (or preferred volume range)>  SOURCE=CTL PEDAL> SOURCE MODE= TOGGLE> ACT RANGE LO=0, ACT RANGE HI=127.

(Myslím, že chápem, čo chcete .... Ak chcete, aby sa pri prepnutí na túto záplatu zapol Normálny snímač, jednoducho choďte na Úpravy> karta TÓN> zapnite ich, potom stlačte WRITE a potom WRITE znova uložte. NA PRVOM VYPNÚŤ PRIDRUŽENIA. Myslím, že váš ASSIGNS spôsobuje, že sa pri výbere záplaty zmení na vypnutý. Ak po vykonaní počiatočného nastavenia záplaty pomocou NORMAL PICKUP ON, Ak chcete mať možnosť zapnúť alebo vypnúť NORMAL PICKUP pomocou CTL, nastavíte ASSIGN nasledovne ... ASSIGN = ON> TARGET = NORMÁLNA ÚROVEŇ VÝBERU> MINIMÁLNA = 0, MAXIMÁLNA = 100 (alebo preferovaný rozsah hlasitosti)> ZDROJ = CTL PEDAL> REŽIM ZDROJOV = TOGGLE> ACT RANGE LO = 0, AKTUÁLNA ROZSAH HI = 127.)

In the PEDAL>CTL tab, SW-OFF/ON on left side of NORMAL PU is the CTL status, on the right side is what it does when on or off So...
(Na karte PEDAL> CTL je SW-OFF / ON na ľavej strane NORMAL PU stav CTL, na pravej strane to, čo robí, keď je zapnutá alebo vypnutá. Takže ...)

(A)  SW/OFF - NORMAL PU - OFF   ( if you want the NORMAL PICKUP off when the CTL pedal is off)
(A) (SW / OFF - NORMAL PU - OFF (ak chcete vypnúť NORMAL PICKUP, keď je pedál CTL vypnutý)

SW/ON - NORMAL PU - ON   (if you want the NORMAL PICKUP on when the CTL pedal is on)
       (SW / ON - NORMAL PU - ON (ak chcete, aby bol NORMAL PICKUP zapnutý, keď je pedál CTL zapnutý)

If you want to use the CTL to turn the NORMAL PICKUP on or off, but want it on when you load the patch, then set the ASSIGN setting the opposite....
(Ak chcete použiť CTL na zapnutie alebo vypnutie NORMAL PICKUP, ale chcete ich zapnúť pri načítaní záplaty, potom nastavte nastavenie ASSIGN opačne.)

(B)  SW/OFF - NORMAL PU - ON   ( if you want the NORMAL PICKUP on when the CTL pedal is off)
(B)  SW/OFF - NORMAL PU - ON   (ak chcete, aby bol NORMAL PICKUP zapnutý, keď je pedál CTL vypnutý)

SW/ON - NORMAL PU - OFF   (if you want the NORMAL PICKUP off when the CTL pedal is on)
       SW/ON - NORMAL PU - OFF   (ak chcete vypnúť NORMAL PICKUP, keď je pedál CTL zapnutý)

A and B also applies to the PCM1, PCM2, and MODELING
(A a B sa vzťahujú aj na PCM1, PCM2 a MODELOVANIE)

This is how to set it up if you want to turn the NORMAL PICKUP on and off in the patch with the CTL pedal. If you want it on all the time in the patch, then just turn off the ASSIGN in that patch, you don't need it. I think from the pictures you showed, you are having a conflict with the ASSIGN settings.
(Takto ju nastavíte, ak chcete zapnúť a vypnúť NORMAL PICKUP v patch s pedálom CTL. Ak chcete, aby sa v záplate stále nachádzal, vypnite ASSIGN v tejto záplate, nepotrebujete ju. Myslím, že z obrázkov, ktoré ste ukázali, ste v konflikte s nastaveniami ASSIGN.)

I'm sorry, but I translated it into Slovak and I'll try to think about it. As I look at it, in that particular patch I just need to change some AMP SW and volume, but from the beginning I want NORMAL PICKUP and MODELING to be turned on at CTL On and OFF. What I have, the only condition after the first arrival on this PATCH is NORMAL PICKUP OFF.

(Prepáčte, ale preložil som si to do slovenčiny a skúsim nad tým porozmýšľať. Ako na to pozerám, tak v tom konkrétnom patchy potrebujem len meniť nejake AMP SW a hlasitosti, ale od začiatku chcem aby NORMAL PICKUP a MODELING boli pri CTL On aj OFF zapnuté. Čo aj mám, akurát stav po prvom príchode na tento PATCH je NORMAL PICKUP OFF.)

admin

We have a whole category of GR55 User created patches using only the the Normal pickup.  No GK PU

Start Here
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=104.0

gumtown

If you would like someone to look at your patch and modify it for you, post the patch here as an attachment.

marianguitar

Quote from: gumtown on June 10, 2020, 12:54:42 PM
If you would like someone to look at your patch and modify it for you, post the patch here as an attachment.
Ak chcete, aby sa niekto pozrel na váš PATCH a upravil ho, dajte ju sem ako prílohu.

It's a normal PATCH with GR-55, I'll eat exactly which one and I'll write :)

But the question: When I set the NORMAL PICKUP parameter in SYSTEM to GUITAR OUT, it will be automatically applied to every PATCH regardless of the settings in the PATCH / I know, just checking /. And now: If it still works with the signal coming from GUITAR OUT (NORMAL PICKUP signal), then what is the optimal setting for NORMAL PICKUP VOLUME, resp. LEVEL? (I know that such that it does not wake up input on another device, rather I mean that it should always be set the same so that the NORMAL PICKUP signal has the same value for input to another device (KEMPER) ??? Can the value be NORMAL PICKUP LEVEL 50in 1/2?

Je to PATCH normálne s GR-55, poziem presne ktorý a napíšem :)

Ale otázka: Keď nastavím v SYSTEM na GUITAR OUT parameter NORMAL PICKUP, bude automaticky aplikovaný na každý PATCH bez ohľadu na nastavenia v PATCH /to viem, len kontrola/. A teraz: Ak precuje stále so signálom vychádzajúcim z GUITAR OUT (NORMAL PICKUP signál), tak aké je optmálne nastavenie NORMAL PICKUP VOLUME, resp. LEVEL? (Viem, že také aby neprebudzovalo vstup na ďalšom zariadení, skôr mám na mysli, že by to malo byť nastavené vždy rovnako, aby signál NORMAL PICKUP mal rovnakú hodnotu pre vstup na ďalšie zariadenie (KEMPER) ??? Môže byť hodnota NORMAL PICKUP LEVEL 50 na 1/2?

Mrchevy

The guitar out is just a direct line out from the guitars pickups that bypasses the GR55 if you want to use an amplifier or effects also, it is a dry unaffected signal. Using that is the same as plugging your guitar strait into an amplifier. You don't need to set a level for it but, I think it has a Db level adjustment for adjusting for passive or active pickups in your guitar.

Gitara je iba priamou linkou z gitárových snímačov, ktoré obchádzajú GR55, ak chcete použiť zosilňovač alebo efekty, je to suchý neovplyvnený signál. Použitie je rovnaké ako zapojenie vašej gitarovej prielivy do zosilňovača. Na to nemusíte nastavovať úroveň, ale myslím si, že má prispôsobenie úrovne Db na prispôsobenie pasívnym alebo aktívnym snímačom na vašej gitare.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

admin

QuoteWhy does it overwrite NORMAL PICKUP ON when writing to me Why does it overwrite NORMAL PICKUP OFF when writing? Why, when I then switch via CTL, it is already fixed to PICKUP ON but only while I'm in this PATCH. As soon as I leave it and then I return to it, it is initially NORMAL PICKUP OFF again, I'm already desperate!

Upload your problem GR-55 Patch here for others to assist and debug