FTP- notes on the high e string are not played

Started by p8guitar, May 06, 2020, 11:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p8guitar

Yesterday I installed my new tripleplay connect and tried it. I'm wondering why most of the time the notes on the high e string are not played when I play chords with more than 3 notes. I recorded the midi notes that I played with the tripleplay connect in Live, and the notes on the high e string are missing. With my old tripleplay wifi controller I don't have this problem. Do you think the connect midi pickup is faulty, or is there a setting that I overlooked? I use the tripleplay (desktop) software to make the settings of the connect controller.

FishmanSoftware

Maybe the sensitivity setting needs to be boosted for the high E string?

p8guitar

The sensitivity is not the problem, although it's a bit strange that I had to set the strings to very different settings: E 12, A 8, d 10, g 8, b 4 (!), e 12.
When I play a chord on the g, b and high e string, everything is fine. When I play a chord on the d, g, b and high e string, the highest note does not appear, or it flickers very shortly at a wrong position on the fretboard.

vtxtc1

check the tuner. The note range of each string is determined by the tuner setting. When I tune lower than standard the open strings won't sound until I lower the tuning.
Also check that your string isn't assigned to a different section or sound.

p8guitar

Quote from: vtxtc1 on May 07, 2020, 04:36:22 PM
check the tuner. The note range of each string is determined by the tuner setting. When I tune lower than standard the open strings won't sound until I lower the tuning.
Also check that your string isn't assigned to a different section or sound.
I use standard tuning.
The connect is in hardware mode, splits are disabled.

vtxtc1

The two pickups are the same. If your wireless pickup can play the exact same patch with the exact same settings then it should be a pickup issue. Try going back and forth between connect pickup and TP wireless with same settings.
Use a midi signal monitor like midiflow  too to see if the connect e string is transmitting a signal.