Piezo bridge options?

Started by danel59, February 05, 2020, 04:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danel59

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this but hopefully someone here can answer for me.

I am interested in getting the SY-1000 and will need to add a hex pickup of some sort to access the 13 pin configuration.

In the past I have had a Ghost TOM system with the acoustiphonic preamp. A few of the saddles gave out and I was told by Graphtech that they couldn't supply replacement saddles for it as it was an older unit and they had changed the saddle some how. I know I could probably get a complete replacement set but am wondering if I chose something different such as the Fishman PowerBridge, would it be able to interface with the Ghost acoustiphonic and hexaphonic boards or maybe an RMC unit?

The ghost seemed to change the mags electric tone negatively as well so thus looking at trying something different. Perhaps the new saddles that Graphtech use answers the mag tone issue I had. I am hoping to be able to use the hex as well as for acoustic tones. My thoughts doing it this way I would also be able to add a TriplePlay pickup as well(I know a lot of complexity) but am wanting to use this as a Swiss Army knife guitar and not have to have multiple guitars to set up.

Any answers will be appreciated.