NUX- MP-2 Mighty PLUG MFX with USB Audio + Bluetooth Audio Receiver

Started by admin, February 05, 2020, 02:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

NUX Mighty Plug is a handy silent-play gear for both guitarists and bassists.
Remote Modelling Amplug

Mighty Plug
FeaturesSpecificationsSupport
Features
nullnullnullnullnullnullnullnullnull
Features:
Guitar and Bass Modes
Acoustic Guitar Simulator with Impulse Response Acoustic Guitar Emulation
13 Amplifier Models
20 Impulse Response Files (Speaker Cabinet and Acoustic Guitar)
19 Variety of Effects
Noise Gate
NUX TS/AC True Simulation of Analog Circuit
Physical Amplifier Modeling Algorithm
Rechargeable Li Battery

3 Hours Playing Time
Dual Mode Bluetooth 4.2
Drum Beats: 10 Patterns and Metronome

High-Quality Modeling

Mighty Plug offers the ability to combine effects, amps, and cabinets to both guitar and bass players. Each instrument part has its independent pack for amplifier models, speaker cabinets and effects. Taking advantage of using headphones; all the effects are designed for surround sound.

Guitar Mode

There are 3 channels and an Acoustic Guitar simulator for electric guitar. 7 signal blocks: 1 noise gate, 7 stompbox effects, 9 amp models, 8 guitar cabinet IR's, 6 modulation effects, 4 delays, and 4 reverb effects for electric guitar.

Acoustic Guitar Simulator

There are 7 Acoustic Guitar IR models available with 2 acoustic amplifier models, 6 modulation effects, 4 delays and 4 reverb effects.

Bass Mode

There are 3 channels for bass guitar. 6 effect modules and 25 variety effects in total.
Bluetooth Modes

You can choose the Bluetooth connection AUDIO mode to play along with your favorite music only. Or APP mode to control the effects and customize your presets, and store it. You can also playback any music when APP mode is selected. The audio mode option is useful when you connect any Bluetooth device that you can not install the Mighty Amp application.

Never Lose Your Ideas; Get Recorded!

You can record your instrument without using any audio interface. Mighty Plug has a built-in audio streaming function, so you can connect the Amplug directly to your computer with a Micro B USB cable, and it is ready to play and record. A driver free* solution that helps you to produce music with direct connection. You can use the headphones output for monitoring, you will hear both your guitar and the audio from your computer.

*Windows 10 and MAC computers. If you are using Windows 8.1 or lower versions, please download the NUX Audio Driver and install to your computer.
Long Battery Life and ECO Mode

When you turn ON the Mighty Plug, it will run in ECO mode as the default. If there is no headphones connected for 2 minutes, or there is no signal (from guitar, Bluetooth or USB) for 6 minutes Mighty Plug will turn OFF.

For Electric Guitar And Bass

Mighty Plug is a handy silent-play gear for both guitarists and bassists. Featured with various effects, Modeling Amplifiers, and Impulse Response (IR) cabinet models. With built-in acoustic guitar IR models and acoustic amps, you could play regular electric guitar to simulate acoustic guitar. The embedded Drum patterns could let you play along with your favorite music styles.

To remote Mighty Plug with a smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth connection, please scan the QR code below to install the MIGHTY AMP application.

Specifications
Guitar and Bass Modes
Acoustic Guitar Simulator with Impulse Response
Acoustic Guitar Emulation
13 Amplifier Models
19 Variety of Effects
Noise Gate
NUX TS/AC
True Simulation of Analog Circuit
Rechargeable Li Battery
3 Hours Playing Time
Dual Mode Bluetooth 4.2

http://www.nuxefx.com/mighty-plug.html

admin

$69
https://www.avlgear.com/nux-mighty-plug-mp-2-guitar-and-bass-modeling-earphone-amplug-with-bluetooth

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B084JB519R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Android App
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nux.mightylite&hl=en_US

********* Note that this application requires Bluetooth and location privileges. Otherwise, Bluetooth will not work.*******

Mighty Amp is a remote control and device management APP for NUX Mighty Lite BT amplifier(NGA-3)/ Mighty 8 BT/Mighty 20 BT/Mighty 40 BT/GA-01.

Connect to Mighty Amps via blutooth to accesse wireless parameter-control and engage hidden functions like Modulation, Playback,...etc.

Made for Android OS version >= 4.4

The APP allows user to engage and tweak all the parameters with bluetooth. User could control the effect like channel switching, depth & rate of Modulation, drum styles, ....etc.

Product Description
Mighty Plug is a handy silent-play gear for both guitarists and bassists. Featured with various effects, Modeling Amplifiers, and Impulse Response (IR) cabinet models. With built-in acoustic guitar IR models and acoustic amps, you could play regular electric guitar to simulate acoustic guitar. The embedded Drum patterns could let you play along with your favorite music styles.

High-Quality Modeling
Mighty Plug offers the ability to combine effects, amps, and cabinets to both guitar and bass players. Each instrument part has its independent pack for amplifier models, speaker cabinets and effects. Taking advantage of using headphones; all the effects are designed for surround sound.

Guitar Mode
There are 3 channels and an Acoustic Guitar simulator for electric guitar. 7 signal blocks: 1 noise gate, 7 stompbox effects, 9 amp models, 8 guitar cabinet IR's, 6 modulation effects, 4 delays, and 4 reverb effects for electric guitar.

There are 7 Acoustic Guitar IR models available with 2 acoustic amplifier models, 6 modulation effects, 4 delays and 4 reverb effects.

Bass Mode
There are 3 channels for bass guitar. 6 effect modules and 25 variety effects in total.

Bluetooth Modes
You can choose the Bluetooth connection AUDIO mode to play along with your favorite music only. Or APP mode to control the effects and customize your presets, and store it. You can also playback any music when APP mode is selected. The audio mode option is useful when you connect any Bluetooth device that you can not install the Mighty Amp application.

You can record your instrument without using any audio interface. Mighty Plug has a built-in audio streaming function, so you can connect the Amplug directly to your computer with a Micro B USB cable, and it is ready to play and record. A driver free* solution that helps you to produce music with direct connection. You can use the headphones output for monitoring, you will hear both your guitar and the audio from your computer.

*Windows 10 and MAC computers. If you are using Windows 8.1 or lower versions, please download the NUX Audio Driver and install to your computer.

When you turn ON the Mighty Plug, it will run in ECO mode as the default. If there is no headphones connected for 2 minutes, or there is no signal (from guitar, Bluetooth or USB) for 6 minutes Mighty Plug will turn OFF.

Key Features

Guitar and Bass Modes
13 Amplifier Models
19 Variety of Effects
Noise Gate
Rechargeable Li Battery
3 Hours Playing Time
Dual Mode Bluetooth 4.2

admin

Quote from: adamquek, post: 29959232, member: 4960Maybe I misunderstood their marketing, is this like the Vox amPlug, with the settings controlled via an app, and with Bluetooth streaming to the device? I thought it was a wireless interface for a smartphone, with the amp modelling handled by the smartphone.

The DSP is inside the Nux Mighty Plug, and all processing occurs there
Its basically like Waza Air without the Gyro sensing headphones

The NUX Mighty Plug IOS/Android App is available now to get acquainted with all the features

(and unlike Waza Air) Nux Mighty Plug  also works as a wired USB Audio Class Compliant Interface to record Mighty Plug DSP processed sound into a Win/Mac DAW

Mighty Plug employs same DSP as NU>X Mighty BT20/40 Amps

https://news.guitarchina.com/?p=36397

Latest Released Electric Guitar Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier Mighty Plug

^ TWO NUX Mighty Plugs side by side at NAMM

admin

Identical DSP employed in NUX Mighty Plug and also used in Mighty AIR Amp

admin

Quote from: bulbasaur_85, post: 30075045, member: 33613Thanks for the info.  I was hoping for another option for folks to be able to have some "quiet/silent" practicing while still using their pedalboard as an "end of pedalboard" solution - something that has power amp/cab/IR modeling.
^ Nux Mighty Plug should actually work for that application

^ TWO NUX Mighty Plugs side by side at NAMM

One point that many miss  on the Nux Mighty Plug spec - it requires a Wired 3.5mm TRS connection to your Stereo Headphones.

The Bluetooth is for the wireles Android / IOS control app, and wireless receiving audio backing tracks from your smartphone.

Nux Mighty Plug also works as a USB Class compliant Audio interface for Win / Mac - but this is a feature exclusive to the Nux Mighty Plug,and not shared with the Nux Mighty Air amp

===

Quote from: bulbasaur_85, post: 30078919, member: 33613Thanks for pointing that out.  So you can use the USB feature to jam along with tracks?
Yes, or stream Bluetooth audio into it to play along with YouTube guitar teachers on your smartphone.

It has an internal rechargeable  Battery

https://fccid.io/2AOAA-MP-2/Internal-Photos/Internal-photos-4628726

concern is in 2026 swapping out a failed internal rechargeable battery for a new one

I'm sure I'll post a DIY how to by then  -

There are FCC compliance test pics of the internals

https://fccid.io/2AOAA-MP-2/Internal-Photos/Internal-photos-4628726

3.7v 1000mAh 523450 lithium polymer battery

https://www.amazon.com/YDL-1000mAh-Battery-Rechargeable-Connector/dp/B07BTHH72G

admin

Nux Mighty Plug MP2 just passed FCC  - so last hurdle to availability has been passed and MP-2 should be available soon

https://fccid.io/2AOAA-MP-2

User Manual
https://fccid.io/2AOAA-MP-2/Users-Manual/User-manual-4628733

ASIO_DRIVER link
http://www.nuxefx.com/mighty-plug.html

admin

It not in english, but so far this is the most comprehensive NUX Mighty Plug MP-2 video available

Towards the end Demonstrates the Acoustic Sims and how the built in momentary switch toggles between 4 internal memory presets.

Part of the appeal of Mighty plug is minimalism - just showing up at local songwriters showcase gigs (after the coffeehouse / bars / wineries re-open) with a Strat and Mighty Plug loaded with my 4 favorite patches - no need for the smartphone app and being able to just use an adapter cable to plug Mighty Plug Output into the stage DI box to feed the house PA

also can be used as a DSP upgrade for your older gear that has AUX Input ( Mustang, Blackstar, Cube Street Amps - just connect Mighty Plug to the Aux Input

NUX Amplug Mighty Plug
Product Description

High-Quality Modeling

Guitar Mode

Bass Mode

Bluetooth Modes

Key Features

Guitar and Bass Modes
13 Amplifier Models
19 Variety of Effects
Noise Gate
Rechargeable Li Battery
3 Hours Playing Time
Dual Mode Bluetooth 4.2

admin

NUX Mighty Plug MP-2

admin

Preliminary review of NUX Mighty Plug MP-2

Not Bad.

Used a Strat and ATH-M50X Headphones

its a bit picky about the Bluetooth connect order
I'm on Android 9 ( LG V20 Phone)
I found it best to NOT pair the Bluetooth Audio yet.

1st launch the NUX Mighty App, and be sure the Mighty Plug is selected in the App's SETTINGS - and disable the ECO Mode ( which saves battery life) - else the app disconnects after a few minutes of inactivity)

This common NUX Mighty App also controls several other NUX products - but it will only connect to Mighty Plug MP-2 via BLE after you assign the MIGHTY PLUG as the "Current AMP" type)

Using the App, It can swiftly change from Guitar Mode to Bass Mode. I found the three Bass mode presets actually work well for Rhythm Guitar and the Funk Bass preset has an Auto touch wah for funky rhythm guitar.
I found the Mighty Plug's Guitar Mode 4 default tones were brittle  - too bright, no body, lacked warmth, but easily fixed by altering the "IR" Cab sim to one of the 4x12 models and hit SAVE

Many effects Are Stereo, and  there is no onboard Volume control - but its apparent there are 24 bits of dynamic range available.

Engaging the Drums worked well straight away  - the Drum engine is inside the Mighty Plug MP-2 hardware  - heard them in my headphones,

But after you have established the NUX Mighty App Edit Mode connection  - you can proceed to Pair the Bluetooth Audio between your Android / IOS device and the Mighty Plug MP-2 - you will see Two Blue status lights Glowing on the side of the Mighty Plug MP-2  - indicating both BLE and Bluetooth Audio are connected

Now you can use Backing JamTrack Music and hear this in your headphones as these are streamed from the internet

I also launched Youtube and successfully jammed along to Youtube Audio streamed via Bluetooth from my Android phone  - with all audio in my Mighty Plug connected Headphones

I also installed the ASIO USB Audio driver and in REAPER the MIGHTY PLUG appears as a NUX Stereo 1/2 INPUT /  Stereo 1/2 Output Audio device

I recorded clean 24 bit @ 48kHz stereo audio via USB cable from Mighty Plug MP-2 into my Reaper DAW on my Windows laptop.
Note only the Guitar with its stereo FX are output via USB Audio -= No Drums , No Backing Tracks, No Bluetooth Audio
I wish the effects chain order could be swapped ( all effects are fixed locations )
- and in Guitar MODE there are 4 presets - swiftly selected in 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4 order using the top momentary switch on the Mighty Plug MP-2 .

1# CLEAN  - which is restricted to 3 amp models : Twin Reverb, JC-120, Tweed Deluxe

2# OD - which is restricted to 3 amp models: Marshall Plexi, Vox AC30 Top Boost, Marshall Lead 100

3# DIST - which is restricted to 3 amp models:Freeman, Diezel VH4, Mesa Rectifier

4# AC SIM -which is restricted to 2 NUX Acoustic Sim models: Optima, Stageman

In Bass mode there are 3 presets , which all are restricted to Melvin L Davis, AGL

But there are lots of built in IR Cab choices in both modes  and several are very good, and this makes all the difference in this being a tool vs a toy 
( no third party CAB IR file support)

Deep Dive
https://fccid.io/2AOAA-MIGHTYAIR

copperfrog

What's the charge time people are getting?
is the green light flashing when charging like the manual says or is it solid like mine
maybe the charge time changes if putting at end of pedalboard?
this is a great sounding handy item but im seem to be having issues
want make sure its not user error
vg99 boss gp10 tripleplay live3 digitech harmonyman

admin

I used a micro USB cable to a 2.4 Amp smartphone charger - left it there for  4 hours to charge
Dont recall the LED color

copperfrog

trying to confirm if light flashes during charging or not the manual says yes my unit doesn't

it seems to shutdown fast if i have the app open but just now i got the 3hrs of playing time with guitar only
thanks for replying!
vg99 boss gp10 tripleplay live3 digitech harmonyman

admin

Mine takes 3 hours to charge

Charge LED is solid when charging

Then when fully charged  - Charge LED toggles on  / off every 2 seconds

admin

NEW Mighty Plug MP-2 Firmware v1.4.5
Solves the random possible High Pitch sound when changing patches 

Here are the NUX Firmware Update instructions

http://v2sources.siiite.com//enclosure/sources/dvSiNjeEDaNEYVDQ/NUX%20Mighty%20Plug%20Firmware%20Update%20Guide.pdf

Here is the NUX Firmware update utility

Windows
http://v2sources.siiite.com//enclosure/sources/tCzrobhSVrgCRtDs/NUX Device Firmware Updater (Windows).zip

Mac
http://v2sources.siiite.com//enclosure/sources/aBVIvVZOJtnGFhkr/NUX Device Firmware Updater (macOS).zip

This Link Includes All above and the latest Mighty Plug MP-2 v1.4.5 Firmware in a ZIP file
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1B5B--pYsj4IMVUj3cFLZby4A2GC2rzFh

https://www.nuxefx.com/support.html

vitalitask

Mighty Plug Firmware Aug 31, 2020 V1.5.2b

https://www.nuxefx.com/mighty-plug.html

admin

Mighty Plug Firmware Aug 31, 2020 V1.5.2b

https://www.nuxefx.com/mighty-plug.html

TropiCal

Mine will be here Friday. I wanted something to have with me at work and on the road. I use my Lil' Ibanez Mikro for practice because it's so small.
How do you guys like this product? Any issues with it? Seeing the FCC links brought back memories of when I used to mod things. That was my goto site for internal information.

vtgearhead

Quote from: TropiCal on November 12, 2020, 04:54:26 AM
Mine will be here Friday. I wanted something to have with me at work and on the road. I use my Lil' Ibanez Mikro for practice because it's so small.
How do you guys like this product? Any issues with it? Seeing the FCC links brought back memories of when I used to mod things. That was my goto site for internal information.

I'm delighted with mine.  Very handy for learning tunes and sounds quite good.

nacho1000

I have received mine today. What I can tell you for the time being is that is not noisy and the sound is quite correct. I  can play over audio files in my  phone and youtube videos and backing tracks. I have used it for 2 hours only, but I can say this is unbelievable for this price!!!!

admin

Tuntori wrote>
I purchased this unit few weeks ago and just like many of you I also find it very limiting not to be able to save presets on my phone. So I decided to write my own app. Here is an early alpha version of it. Not only you can use it to save presets on your phone but also to select any amp in any channel. And it's not only amps. You can use all the IRs everywhere. It turns out the limitation is just that NUX amp didn't list them all

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/nux-mighty-plug-headphone-interface.2119324/page-20#lg=attachment321123&slide=0
You can download the android version from my github and the source code is also available:
https://github.com/tuntorius/mightier_amp/releases/tag/0.2.0

Sorry that I can't provide an ios version, but I don't have a mac to build it. If there are any apple developers around here, they can use my source code. It's mostly platform independent as it's written in Flutter.

Note the app is in very early stage. There are lots of unfinished things and probably many bugs. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I'll post updates when more features are stable

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/nux-mighty-plug-headphone-interface.2119324/page-20#post-31510984

admin