DI.Digitar

Started by admin, January 15, 2020, 10:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

http://digital-instruments.co.il/home/

Digital Instruments The digital guitar is not a new concept. Be sure that this device will be the most professional instrument ever made in the MIDI guitar field.
It is designed to be expressive as ROLI keyboard just for guitar players. More details will be disclosed soon and on our website when it will be online.

https://www.facebook.com/DI.Digitar/

Multi-zone silicone strumming area

20 Frets Silicon Fretboard

Guided notes location with RGB-LED Fretboard

Detachable neck with gold spring contacts

Pressure sensitive expression mute bar

Pressure sensitive modulation slide bar

9 quick access/modulation buttons

6 axes motion sensor

Infrared sensor for modulation

Internal sound card with 127 instruments

Mp3 and wav playing capabilities

SD card memory expansion

Bluetooth connectivity (BLE standard)

Fast-USB pc connectivity

Guitar amplifier connectivity

Hi-fi stereo headphones

Free of mechanical parts

Two digital RGB-rotary encoders

Metallic Power-switch & reset button with integrated light

Integrated 1.04" OLED display

100Mhz central processing unit

Upgradable firmware

Custom holding strap design

Custom ruggedized carrying suitcase: 50x45x10 cm

Rugged ABS plastics with metal chassis

Available in several colors

Ultra-durable components

Overall weight – 3.4 Kg (... Pounds)

Overall dimensions: 90x42.5x4.2 Cm

Up to 4 days battery life (6 x 2800mAH Ni-MH 7.4V)

Fast charging time with 12V-2A charger (1.5 Hours)

Frequently asked questions

Is DIGITAR intended for you?
DIGITAR music instrument is suitable for the widest range of players – from starters and novice players, to professional musicians and studios.

The light-guided neck assists new players in getting familiar with notes and start playing their favorite songs.

Same can also be used to map different notes and scales that help professional players to jam and compose music easily.

Is DIGITAR a midi controller?
To some extent, YES.

MIDI is a 30 Years old standard for musical notes communication between devices.

Digitar uses a proprietary communication protocol that can exceed 4 times the response rate of standard protocols. The sophisticated protocol bypasses the majority of the limitations found in the old MIDI standard.

Still, Digitar is backward compatible with other MIDI devices.

How does DIGITAR differ from an electric guitar?
DIGITAR contains unique features (several patent pending) and algorithms, as well as electronic sensors, to simulate the majority of the techniques and expressions of the electric guitar and its effects. And more...

Does DIGITAR have an internal sound engine?
Yes. This device uses a well-known microprocessor engine that produces 127 different instruments and drum sounds. Is has a great amplified stereo sound with reverb and other effects.

It is used mostly for the novice user who wishes to play without connecting the device to external sound engines.

It is suitable for playing on-the-road, practicing with ear-phones, or by connecting to guitar amplifier.

How can DIGITAR teach me music playing?
Digitar is equipped with

RGB (Red-Green-Blue) back lights positioned on the 20 neck frets and an OLED graphic display in the player's line of sight.

Every note in associated with a different color, so one can easily find the way to the guitar notes layout.

The screen can display musical TABS which will help playing chords and solo notes following step by step guidance.

The internal SD memory card can be charged with endless libraries of known songs notes and libraries of lessons (and practicing exercises) available for purchase from our online store.

What is latency in musical devices?
Latency is a delay between the time a note is played on the instrument and the time the note is produced and heard. Unnoticeable latency should not exceed 5 milliseconds.

Most of the electrical music devices have some kind of latency between 10-30 milliseconds resulting from several reasons, mechanical delay and processing time.

The Digitar consists of electrical pressure sensors and ultra-fast components, which enable producing response in less than 3 milliseconds.

http://digital-instruments.co.il/the-digitar/

admin

admin

thebrushwithin

Isn't this just basically a Ztar?

admin

Quote from: thebrushwithin on January 15, 2020, 12:03:12 PM
Isn't this just basically a Ztar?

Thats what I believe - and no individual string bending controllers as found on the high end ZTarr

Harvey Starr may have to contact his attorney
https://www.starrlabs.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starr_Labs

jassy

Impressive results

jwhitcomb3

I'd expect many of the Ztar patents have expired.

Wolverkeen

I dug up this thread in my recent search for button based controllers somewhere between YRG and Ztar price/function.

In the two of the more recent videos from this company, the Digitar appears to have a Roli Seaboard-type fretboard.  Immediately intrigued by the expressivity this could bring to button based fretboards, I contacted the company to see if they had a projected release date. Unfortunately, they informed me the project is "on hold while they look for new investors."

Hoping that it works out for them and/or somebody else runs with this concept.

admin

Quote from: Wolverkeen on February 07, 2020, 09:23:24 AM
I dug up this thread in my recent search for button based controllers somewhere between YRG and Ztar price/function.

In the two of the more recent videos from this company, the Digitar appears to have a Roli Seaboard-type fretboard.  Immediately intrigued by the expressivity this could bring to button based fretboards, I contacted the company to see if they had a projected release date. Unfortunately, they informed me the project is "on hold while they look for new investors."

Hoping that it works out for them and/or somebody else runs with this concept.

Consider these
https://www.starrlabs.com/