Delete

Started by Bluesbird, October 18, 2019, 04:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluesbird

Delete

BHcollective

Awesome!

Anyone tested out the FTP Connect to PC with the Fishman Software yet?  Any issues/difference in functionality compared to the FTP wireless? 

vtxtc1

I spent the 20 bucks and a week of installing all the apps to my pc. Everything works great with all sound libraries. I use the FC1 with the pc as well. It toggles all sound libraries fine and the volume pedal controls all tripleplay software libraries.
I also have the midi out of the fc1 triggering a Roland mks 50. After typing the patch names into the tripleplay hardware app the controller can change hardware patches with names too.

The hardware synth can't be controlled in the tripleplay mixer. The volume pedal on the fc1 won't control the hardware synth either. Also, when playing the hardware synth patches the regular guitar audio  can't be heard or controlled by the tripleplay mixer either. Be nice to keep all audio streams in the mixer window.

I found a solution to the precarious mini usb jack. If you raise the mount a few mm you can give the cord one loop under the mount. Then if and definitely when the cord gets pulled on the controller doesn't pop off or worse yet the jack gets damaged.
This works great with strap on or off. They provide a strap loop thingy to accomplish this but my controller was still constantly getting pulled off the magnet. Now it is secure and worry free

admin

Quote from: vtxtc1 on April 18, 2020, 11:20:22 AM
I spent the 20 bucks and a week of installing all the apps to my pc. Everything works great with all sound libraries. I use the FC1 with the pc as well. It toggles all sound libraries fine and the volume pedal controls all tripleplay software libraries.
I also have the midi out of the fc1 triggering a Roland mks 50. After typing the patch names into the tripleplay hardware app the controller can change hardware patches with names too.

The hardware synth can't be controlled in the tripleplay mixer. The volume pedal on the fc1 won't control the hardware synth either. Also, when playing the hardware synth patches the regular guitar audio  can't be heard or controlled by the tripleplay mixer either. Be nice to keep all audio streams in the mixer window.

I found a solution to the precarious mini usb jack. If you raise the mount a few mm you can give the cord one loop under the mount. Then if and definitely when the cord gets pulled on the controller doesn't pop off or worse yet the jack gets damaged.
This works great with strap on or off. They provide a strap loop thingy to accomplish this but my controller was still constantly getting pulled off the magnet. Now it is secure and worry free

There are Magnetic breakaway Micro USB plug cables too  - which suit Tripleplay Connect installations and might prevent breakage

https://www.amazon.com/Utotrip-Magnetic-Charging-Transfer-Compatible/dp/B083Y2RBLF/ref=sr_1_7

vtxtc1

Those are pretty cool but you still risk disconnection. Here's a pic of what I'm doing. You can tug on the cord all you want. Safe and sound.

cellomangler

Do I understand correctly that... with just the Triple Play Connect, you can plug into a Windows computer USB slot and use the latest Triple Play application to set up the Connect hardware for optimal use with your guitar - as in the mono mode and hand location, etc - save that setting, and then disconnect from the PC and then plug the Connect into another USB host such as the Kenton stand alone USB to MIDI host and then take the MIDI DIN out and control a hardware synthesizer, keeping your tweaked Connect settings in place?

admin

Quote from: cellomangler on May 05, 2020, 12:40:10 AM
Do I understand correctly that... with just the Triple Play Connect, you can plug into a Windows computer USB slot and use the latest Triple Play application to set up the Connect hardware for optimal use with your guitar - as in the mono mode and hand location, etc - save that setting, and then disconnect from the PC and then plug the Connect into another USB host such as the Kenton stand alone USB to MIDI host and then take the MIDI DIN out and control a hardware synthesizer, keeping your tweaked Connect settings in place?

With latest version of the Win / Mac App = yes

All details here:
https://www.fishman.com/support/tripleplay-updates/

cellomangler

Thanks.  I read that 3 times before I posted and I found it vague and not specific with regard to my question, which I believe would be a very desired and common application.  Still, kudos to Fishman if they have made this possible.

PickupMan

Hey guys.
So, this is sad. I bought the triplePlay connect to use it with daw's in general. But I misunderstood this topic and thought I was going to have the full capabilities of the triplePlay software for pc/Mac with the connect device, such as presets, hardware synth plug-in... Nothing works except for the program to recognize the connect.
Do you think there will be a future update to cover this?

FishmanSoftware

Quote from: PickupMan on May 20, 2020, 11:52:30 AM
Hey guys.
So, this is sad. I bought the triplePlay connect to use it with daw's in general. But I misunderstood this topic and thought I was going to have the full capabilities of the triplePlay software for pc/Mac with the connect device, such as presets, hardware synth plug-in... Nothing works except for the program to recognize the connect.
Do you think there will be a future update to cover this?

Currently TP Connect users don't get the bundled plugins and presets that are included as part of the purchase price of the more expensive TP wireless. But everything else works.

You can use nearly any VST virtual instrument (VST3 not supported) that you want. Many are free to download. You can quickly and easily make your own presets. You can edit the Hardware Patches.

Many folks here are extremely knowledgeable and can help you with anything you might come up against.

There may be a future update to make things easier for you, but no promises.