VG-99 - .g9e .g9l file format ?

Started by kenc, January 29, 2008, 11:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenc

While I am waiting for my vg99 to come I have been downloading patches.   Noticed many are in .g9e and .g9l file format.

I am not familiar with this file format .  Is it one the PC based Editor can read/write? 

If not what utility should I use to convert it , again I  am on a PC.

Thanks in advance,

Ken

Elantric

g9e = VG-99 Editor

g9l = VG-99 Librarian

Frankly I'm trying to ween everyone off using these and use SMF .mid type for sharing patches.

Use the VG-99 Editor Import SMF command to load, and Export SMF to save.

Edit:

The above statement is true for the VG-99/VB-99

With the GR-55, use the *.G5L format for sharing patches

Elantric

Download the VG-99 editor and  play with it - it will run without the VG-99, and you can get your feet wet on navigating all its features until your new toy arrives friday.

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=50.0

dead_lizard

Quote from: sustainiac on January 29, 2008, 11:43:30 PM
g9e = VG-99 Editor

g9l = VG-99 Librarian

Frankly I'm trying to ween everyone off using these and use SMF .mid type for sharing patches.

Use the VG-99 Editor Import SMF command to load, and Export SMF to save.

The only problem with this for me is my .mid extension is associated with midi files. And I've got more of them than I have patches.

kenc

Thanks for the fast reply and help....

I just got finished playing with the editor on the PC and it looks pretty strait forward.... Looking forward to doing some deep diving this weekend.

Can't remember the last time I got this excited to get some new gear... Oh yeah I remember when I bought my VG-8 at lunch time and had to wait to get home after work to play it :)