BOSS GT-10 Custom setting for pre's and effects ?

Started by Graiskye, August 23, 2019, 03:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graiskye

Hello again this one is pretty straight forward, I cannot seem to get the Custom settings to work. All the other parameters seem to be select-able, different pre amps 'sections' with several flavors of each I can view/select... but when for example I switch the pre amp section to custom I cannot select any ' parameters ' , the same is to be said for the various effects custom sections, when I go to custom I get no play(so to speak) ?
I have scoured the manual, cannot even find a single reference to the custom settings, I thought i had seen one, but I cannot seem to find it again...I have googled to no avail and i have played around for the last hour or so trying anything I could think of.
Any ideas ?
thanks again, have a great weekend all.
Mike
Peace

admin

Quote from: Graiskye on August 23, 2019, 03:20:13 AM
Hello again this one is pretty straight forward, I cannot seem to get the Custom settings to work. All the other parameters seem to be select-able, different pre amps 'sections' with several flavors of each I can view/select... but when for example I switch the pre amp section to custom I cannot select any ' parameters ' , the same is to be said for the various effects custom sections, when I go to custom I get no play(so to speak) ?
I have scoured the manual, cannot even find a single reference to the custom settings, I thought i had seen one, but I cannot seem to find it again...I have googled to no avail and i have played around for the last hour or so trying anything I could think of.
Any ideas ?
thanks again, have a great weekend all.
Mike
Peace

search on "CUSTOM" in the GT-10 manual
http://lib.roland.co.jp/manual/en/dl_08-22801/GT-10_e2.pdf

Try Gumtowns GT Floorboard Editor which allows direct access to the GT-10 Custom settings

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fxfloorboard/

Download and study all PDF docs ( as attachments on posts)  in this thread

Learn to Program Roland/Boss MultiFX Processors
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88.0

Graiskye

My apologies, ...as usual I misstated, I did find the reference to those parameters in the manual, the admin kindly posted. 
The problem is finding those parameters in the GT-10 once I select  the custom category(avail. to just preamps and the OD section IIAC).
I guess I'm just trying to figure out a basic functionality issue that I assumed would work the same as selecting any of the other 'flavors' of the various Preamp or ODDS categories.
Its a bit of a pain in  the ass for me to hook my rig up to a computer at the moment, I guess I can haul just the GT-10 to the PC I suppose if I really have to.
Nobody else ever run across this particular weirdness trying to select a Custom ???
Should I RESET my machine perhaps ?
Anyhooo you guys are too kind to entertain questions on a older piece of gear, so i do thank you again for that.
have a goody.
Peace.

Mrchevy

It has been a long while since I had mt GT10 ( have GT100 now), and not sure if this pertains to your situation but, the GT series MFX pedals come from the factory with basically 2 banks of presets. Both preset banks are identical but one will show for example P-01 and the duplicate will show U-01. P is factory presets and can be edited but not saved in that bank, it must be saved to U (user) bank. User presets can be edited and saved in their perspective location. Just a little FYI that may or may not pertain to your problem. Hope this helps
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

Graiskye

Thanks for your rep, and i managed to figure it out just farting around with it, the best way to learn really...''I's just farting around'! ;)
The 'custom' bank menu just worksa little differently than the others. You have to clik thru to the last page to get to the section where you select the the overall flavor of the preamp, or OD/DS.
Whereas on the regular preamps the 'flavor' is selected on the first 'page', for custom you select it, then use the directional buttons to scroll to last page to select the overall preamp type, past the page for 'gain/solo','EQ', and 'Speaker/Mic' selection(this is the IR response IIRC)
As far as 'Custom', I think thats a bit of a stretch, especially as far as BOSS is concerned, its a completely neutered selection! So as much as I love BOSS, they botched this big time, the customs feel not very custom when you cant select like half of the preamp selections.
But I did figure out how to access the custom settings and for that I am grateful, and thankful to you all.
Have a great week everyone.
Peace.

gumtown

From my recollection (last had the GT-10 in 2010) the option to select
PATCH
SYSTEM PREAMP 1
SYSTEM PREAMP 2
SYSTEM PREAMP 3
is in the SYSTEM settings menu.

the default setting is "Patch" where the preamp type is determined by the setting in each patch, when one of the SYSTEM preamps is selected, it over-rides all patches preamp settings with the same system (x) preamp settings.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/