VG-99 - Nice Effect Combination (Phaser, Delays, Harmonizer)

Started by Guitarro, August 26, 2010, 06:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitarro

PATCH NAME: TerraMar

Version: 1.00

Category: Effects

Style: Any

Description: Clean mix of phaser, delays, harmonizer, great for volume swells and anything you can come up with.

FileType: mid

I've been trying to make a nice combination of effects in the VG-99. It still needs a lot of work, but this is what I have so far. If you like it, you are welcome to download it and tweak it to suit your needs. It has some phaser, some delays, harmonizer, and some other stuff. You can turn on/off the phaser and harmonizer with the FC-300's Ctl1 and Ctl2. Exp pedal 2 is set up for the guitar volume.

maxdaddy

Guitarro

I'm glad you guys like it. Let me know if you come up with a nice (or nicer) variation after you've been playing with it (tweaking it, adding other effects, etc).

Brent Flash

aliensporebomb

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

mooncaine

Wonderful. Inspiring.

I'm curious about your choice of Harmonist: have you considered using the Alt. Tuning feature instead?  Or is there something about the Harmonist that makes you prefer it?

I ask because you're using the Harmonist to make octaves. The farther the pitch setting from the note you play, the more warbly-squirrelly the sound.

It seems to me that the Alt. Tuning does a great job of +1 and +2 octaves (ie, +12 or +24 semitones). Unless I want the Harmonist to really harmonize non-octave intervals in a certain key or User scale, I go for the Alt. Tuning section. Less unpredictable warbling when I play chords. If I'm willing to 'give up' Channel B and let it be the harmonized voice, I find that it's harmonising is more stable, predictable, realistic than the Harmonist effects.

What does the Harmonist bring to the sound that I'm not thinking of?

Even though I must rise early and suit up for boardroom combat tomorrow, I'm tempted to load your patch right now and play around with that using Alt. Tunings. before bedtime.

Guitarro

Hi. It's been sometime since I started playing with those effects. Now that you mention that, I remember playing with the alt. tuning but for some reason I preferred the harmonist over the alt. tuning.
But you are welcome to try to do anything with this patch, as long as you share the results with us. 8)

Quote from: mooncaine on December 02, 2010, 09:41:30 PM
Wonderful. Inspiring.

I'm curious about your choice of Harmonist: have you considered using the Alt. Tuning feature instead?  Or is there something about the Harmonist that makes you prefer it?

I ask because you're using the Harmonist to make octaves. The farther the pitch setting from the note you play, the more warbly-squirrelly the sound.

It seems to me that the Alt. Tuning does a great job of +1 and +2 octaves (ie, +12 or +24 semitones). Unless I want the Harmonist to really harmonize non-octave intervals in a certain key or User scale, I go for the Alt. Tuning section. Less unpredictable warbling when I play chords. If I'm willing to 'give up' Channel B and let it be the harmonized voice, I find that it's harmonising is more stable, predictable, realistic than the Harmonist effects.

What does the Harmonist bring to the sound that I'm not thinking of?

Even though I must rise early and suit up for boardroom combat tomorrow, I'm tempted to load your patch right now and play around with that using Alt. Tunings. before bedtime.

mooncaine

I didn't come up with anything earth-shattering, but I did realize the benefit of your using the Harmonist: feedback. Nice!