BlueCat Audio- Axiom , ReGuitar

Started by admin, March 22, 2019, 08:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_Axiom/

Blue Cat's Axiom is a powerful and open multi effects processor and amp simulation software for guitar and bass. Based on the acclaimed Destructor plug-in for amp simulations, Axiom offers an infinite number of exceptional tones for your axe.

It includes two amp simulations channels (with pre and post effects) that can be mixed together or used alternatively like a real amp. You can choose your amp models from hundreds of presets or launch the amp editor to build your own, with complete control over the tone. Additional input and master sections let you adjust the tone at the input and the output of Axiom, with 4 additional effect slots each and an integrated high precision tuner. A brickwall limiter also protects the output from overshoot.

Axiom includes 40 built-in effects that can be loaded in any of the 32 plug-in slots, including a built-in version of Late Replies for creative delays and reverbs, and a built-in version of Destructor to add your own distortion pedals, cabinets or additional amp simulations.

Blue Cat's Axiom is not limited to its built-in effects: these slots can also host third party Audio Unit, VST or VST3 plug-ins: you can use your favorite plug-ins anywhere in the signal chain and expand Axiom's capabilities.

And because playing alone is not so much fun, we have added a tools section with 3 additional slots to load virtual instruments: add a metronome, a drum machine, sequencer or your keyboardist's favorite synthesizer there to get it mixed with your guitar.

If you are looking for amp simulation software without the effects, see the Destructor plug-in. For a plug-in host & multi-effects processor without amp simulation, check out Blue Cat's PatchWork.
Credits: this plug-in includes several factory presets created by Hans Van Even.

Mac OS X 10.7+32/64-bit Universal BinaryWindows Vista or newerWindows x64 (64-bit)VSTVST3AAX64-bit AAXAudio Unit
Price: (-20%) 199 EUR 159 EUR or (-20%) $199 $159 (tax incl.)
   Add to Cart
Also in Bundles: All Plugins Pack / Axe Pack
Typical applications: Unlimited Guitar & bass amp simulation with effects, VST, VST3 and Audio Unit hosting.

Features
Main Features
Powerful and unlimited multi-effects processor and amp modeling software for guitar and bass.
Realistic and fully customizable amp simulation based on Blue Cat's Destructor.
Flexible routing: 2 parallel amp simulation channels with effects + input and master sections.
40 high quality built-in effects: wah, delays, reverb, pitch bender, EQ, filters, distortion units, compressor, gate, chorus, flanger...
Includes Blue Cat's Re-Guitar, Destructor and Late Replies as built-in effects.
Built-in high precision tuner.
Open and extensible: load any third party VST, VST3 or Audio Unit (AU) plug-in.
Delivered with thousands of presets for all sections and built-in effects.
Load third party virtual instruments to play along.
Global stereo spread control.
Lock sections to prevent changes when loading presets.
No latency.
Blue Cat Audio Standards:
Available as: Mac-AAX, Mac-AU, Mac-App, Mac-VST, Mac-VST3, Win-AAX, Win-App, Win-VST, Win-VST3, Win x64-AAX, Win x64-App, Win x64-VST, Win x64-VST3.
Native DSP code for optimal performance.
Full MIDI control and automation support with silent, zipper-free parameters update, advanced response control and MIDI Learn.
No CPU load on idle: when the plug-in is fed with silence, the processing smoothly shuts down, to optimize the CPU usage of your Digital Audio Workstation.
Customizable user interface with transparency management and zoom.
Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plug-in with absolutely no noise.
Undo/Redo.
Full featured integrated presets manager.
Copy/paste the state of the plug-in between instances using the system clipboard.
Any sample rate supported.

thebrushwithin

As a working, older musician, who is wishing for the lightest, highest quality rig, modern tech can provide, this guitar processor looks very desirable. Since I play guitar and guitar synth, virtual instruments need to be accessible, using hardware style patch changes, via something like a Softstep 2(which I own). This Blue Cat Axiom product seems to provide this, complete with the guitar modeling Reguitar built in, which would together replace COSM equipment such as a Roland GP-10, or VG. It would be a dream to just carry a laptop with interface, a Triple Play guitar, my Softstep2, and monitoring system!!! However, I have had trouble finding a software synth that I can also access with patch changes from a foot controller, which has probably been featured in this forum, but I have missed. Nothing fancy, as I just use bread and butter synth patches, B3, brass, piano, strings, etc. the PCM sounds need to be convincing, of course, and I have found many virtual synths that provide this, but not where I can access via midi presets as I do with my Roland GR30. Any suggestions?

admin

When reviewing Software music apps under consideration for live use, verify they have MIDI CC# control  - often this crucial remote control detail is buried on page 84 of the user manual 

BlueCat Axiom has a "MIDI Learn" function -

others: Cantabile, Live Professor, Scuffham S-Gear, N.I. Guitar Rig, IK Amplitube

All have MIDI Control   

On a Mac (due to lower latency Core Audio Drivers )  - there is still life left in a used N.I. Rig Kontrol 3

thebrushwithin

After some more research, apparently the soft synth world has not kept pace with the virtual guitar rig world, in respect to accepting Patch Change midi info. Live performers are begging for it, to no avail. As I was hoping to use Blue Cat Axiom for live guitar, and some soft synth that accepts midi patch change, it looks like the synth end of things will have to wait for a future developer to wake up and do what Axiom can do for guitar. From another forum: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/27409/tips-for-changing-presets-in-a-live-performance-why-no-midi-program-change-attn-developers

scratch17

Could you potentially use Mainstage as a container for your soft synth(s)? I am suggesting creating a patch in Mainstage that can be recalled via a MIDI foot controller which had your synth set up the way you wanted it. Need to change the synth settings? Create another Mainstage patch with new synth settings.
Hamer Duotone, Brian Moore i213, Taylor 710 BCE 

VG-99, FC-300, RMC Fanout
RJM Mastermind GT10
Kemper Profiling Amp
Radial JDV Mk3, X-Amp
Mesa Recto Pre + 20/20
68 Fender Bandmaster (AB763)
Marshal AS80R

UA Apollo X6, Twin X, Logic Pro, Luna, Melodyne Studio

thebrushwithin

Thanks for the brainstorming! I'm going to give ableton live a crack by loading up multiple synths in multiple channels. I only use about 15 patches a night and then using the midi foot controller to turn on one track while turning off the others.

Vaultnaemsae

You might want to make use of 'instrument racks' in Ableton Live.
Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

thebrushwithin

QuoteYou might want to make use of 'instrument racks' in Ableton Live.

Watched several tutorials on this subject, and it appears to be a great solution!
Thanks very much for the experienced insight!

thebrushwithin

Wow, as it turns out, I just discovered that I don't even need to use Ableton ( which I do own). Omnisphere ( which I also have) allows midi learn for patch change, as well as CCs, for every patch, and even for multi s, and acts as a standalone. Fantastic!!!

admin

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_Axiom/

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Blog/tip-of-the-day/tone-maps-a-new-approach-to-sound-design-and-tone-control/

A new version of Axiom is available (as well as free updates for our other multi-effects processors capable of hosting third party plug-ins, Blue Cat's PatchWork, Late Replies and MB-7 Mixer)

These new versions add new presets exploration and morphing capabilities, extending the concept of "Tones Maps" mentioned above for 9 built-in plug-ins. There are also new presets for the built-in Wah plug-in, and several performance improvements and bug fixes (full change list below).

What's new in Axiom 1.32:
- Navigate presets and create new tones easily with "Tone Maps" for 9 built-in effects: Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Wah, Sweep Filter, EQ, Freq Shifter, Reverb and Waveshaper.
- New presets for the built-in wah plug-in.
- Built-in EQ (and Axiom Amp Sim): improved impulse response convolution performance (long reverb tails are now supported, with low CPU usage).
- Mac: faster GUI rendering on recent Mac OS systems (up to 5x faster for level meters).
- Mac: fixed user interface not properly shown on retina displays in some applications built with the 10.14 Mac OS SDK (Cubase 10.5 for example).
- Mac: fixed settings panel rendering issues in dark mode on Mac OS Mojave and newer.
- Fixed issue with some VST3 plug-ins that failed to initialize when loaded (Roland Cloud VST3)
- Fixed built-in Wah plug-in that could exceed selected range in reverse mode.
- Improved built-in tuner performance.

Blue Cat Audio
Pro Audio and Guitar Plug-Ins

admin

Quote from: sixeight on October 08, 2020, 07:17:10 AM
, is there any sofware that can do the guitar modeling roughly the same way Boss/Roland does?

BlueCat ReGuitar
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=25151.msg184946#msg184946

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_ReGuitar/

Main Features
Guitar tone modeler with electric pickups, acoustic guitars and hollow body emulations.
Built-in single coil pickups: single hot, vintage, modern, active, tele, neck+mid, bridge+mid, P90, P90J.
Built-in humbucker pickups: vintage, classic, ricky, modern, rails, bright, wide, wide(jazz), jazz box.
Built-in piezo & acoustic guitars: solid body piezo, acoustic sim pedals, modern & vintage dreadnought, jumbo, mini jumbo, 000, small.
Create your own electric pickups or acoustic guitar emulations with the custom electric and custom acoustic models.
Adjust hollow body thickness and amount.
Adjust simulations brightness and gain.
Built-in virtual volume and tone pots.
No latency.

QuoteI just gave the demo a try.  At first I saw "RE-GUITAR" and thought it didn't modify the sound in real-time, as I was thinking of the re-guitar function of the Boss GP-10.  I am impressed by this plugin.  So with this and helix native and midi guitar 2, I can do single line pitch shifting with modeled guitars including acoustics with doublings and triplings (i.e., original note plus a fifth below and sixth above), with Omnsiphere mixed in. Great job bluecataudio! If you're not a gigging musician, why even buy hardware?  So I guess with these new tools, if someone were to ask should I buy a Roland/Boss product I would have to say, ONLY if you have to have polyphonic pitch shifting.  Roland really dropped the ball when they stopped/stalled development of their 13-pin products.  I think it is only going to get worse for them. Also keeping 13-pin fans in the dark for years is a bad move on their part. Bye, bye, Roland.     

kimyo

this software is pretty interesting.  side by side with the sy-1000 there's simply no comparison, but if your goal is to get an acoustic sound out of your electric it is pretty effective. 

one issue which took me way too long to figure out was that the default is to mix 100% of the incoming signal with the output. 

the mix is controlled by the little knob just to the right of the lock icon, near the text which reads 'pickup model'.

GeePeeAxe

If you want to have the "alt-tuning" ability of the VGs, you have to install a multi in/out audio interface in your computer, with 6 input channels at least. A "breakout-box" is also necessery, to receive the signals of each string separately. Later you have to set up your DAW (something like Reaper, Cubase, Logic etc.) on 6 audio channels, to have all the functions of a VG - but I think it would be easier and better to buy a used VG99.  ;)

Kenmac

Re-Guitar has been updated to 1.3 and they've added piezo support to make piezo equpped guitars sound closer to mic-ed upped acoustics. Here's the website:
https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_ReGuitar/  Check out the video demo at the bottom of the page.
"Let them brush your rock and roll hair."