Headrush MIDI CC# control for FX (at last)

Started by admin, February 14, 2019, 06:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

QuoteGabriel Guardian from Texas is a new multi-instrumentalist known for playing guitars and keyboards at the same time. His unique talent has attracted many music labels and instrument manufacturers. From the time he played the HeadRush Pedalboard effect in the studio, he was recognized by guitar masters such as Michael Angelo Batio, Steve Vai, and Eric Johnson. In the video below, Gabriel Guardian demonstrates the sounds in some of the sound packs, and lets you see the unique control effects of his special MIDI guitar controls with HeadRush and computer software.
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/28036726/

This is the best news I've heard in quite a while I'll see if I can try to document which midi CC numbers control which foot switches ( Starts at MIDI CC# 50) but this is very encouraging I hope they add MIDI CC# control for the Looper (maybe they're lurking in current firmware)

Use a genuine 5pin MIDI Controller, as currently there is no MIDI over USB

admin

Quotedmock66, post: 28040128, member: 57892
Thank you for the information!

I don't have a GigBoard - but considering getting one.  I was just curious if you could add an outboard pedal for additional footswitches.

If you have patience and a 5 pin MIDI Controller that can transmit MIDI messages  - I use an old iPad + CCK connected Roland UM-ONE USB MIDI adapter) and an IOS app called MIDI Wrench to send all manner of MIDI Messages to the Headrush or Gigboard

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/midi-wrench/id589243566#?platform=ipad

supposedly remote 5 pin DIN MIDI control for Headrush / Gigboard already exists in Firmware 2.0  - but nobody at InMusic is talking yet

1st evidence of remote 5 pin DIN MIDI control for Headrush already existing in Firmware 2.0 is here

( Start at sending MIDI CC#50 - value 0), then sending MIDI CC#50 - value 127) = that is the start of the range of MIDI CC# that should toggle on/off the Headrush stompbox 

- with time and effort - we can create a  list of supported Headrush functions that can be remotely controlled with MIDI

skip using MIDI over USB  - as that is not fully supported yet   

Need a genuine old school 5 pin DIN MIDI Controller

admin

Remote control of Headrush PedalBoard footswitches and three control knobs  via MIDI CC#49 thru CC#63 messages received on MIDI IN jack in HYBRID Mode

Top Row Switches = CC#49 thru CC#54

Bottom Row Switches = CC#55 thru CC#60

LCD Control knobs (top-bottom, CC#61 thru CC#63

(DOUBLE CLICK TO ENLARGE)

admin

I've also attempted to locate Gigboard MIDI CC# Control

But so far with Gigboard in Hybrid Mode,   only the far left footswitch effect will  toogle on/ off using MIDI CC#50

Cagrant

can anyone please tell me what controller Gabrielle guardian uses on his guitar on the head-rush fx pedal-board please

edit: never mind but thank you anyway
After many many exhausting SECONDS of GOOGLE SEARCH lol. i found out it was an attachment called the Guitar Wing.
so give her a look at

admin

Quote from: Cagrant on January 30, 2020, 12:44:31 AM
can anyone please tell me what controller Gabrielle guardian uses on his guitar on the head-rush fx pedal-board please

edit: never mind but thank you anyway
After many many exhausting SECONDS of GOOGLE SEARCH lol. i found out it was an attachment called the Guitar Wing.
so give her a look at
Guitar Wing
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=10406.0