Katana- Saving file into "panel" - Why preamp doesnt save ?

Started by HF1600ie, February 10, 2019, 02:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HF1600ie

Hi,
I am having an issue while saving a patch into the "panel".
I can develop my patch and save it into an external file, but somehow, when I move to another patch and return to the panel, the tone is different. At least, the preamp selected changes to another different and not to the one I have selected.

So, I load the TSL file back again into the panel, test the tone and it´s OK. I save again to the panel in the amp via the floorboard editor, then move to another patch and return to the "panel"....and the tone is changed, because at least the preamp has changed.

Anyone else having this issue ?
Thanks!

gumtown

If this is Katana related, the panel is not a good place to save patches since the firmware 2 update.
Some settings save, others don't. Usually settings which relate to the panel knobs and buttons get altered to the current panel setting.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

HF1600ie

Hi, thank for eplying.
Yes, this is related to the Katana 50.

Well, I know that if I tweak the controls ,the saved setting will be altered. But I just save the patch there and then I go to user 1 on bank A (for instance) and when I come back, the patch is not the same anymore. The preamp changes, the pedal order... it´s weird... !!

Even if I am using the Fx floorboard and selecting and using the patches from there.

How can I make the panel slot usable ? :/

admin

AFAIK - "PANEL" has never been a writable target  - and never been available as an area for a stored patch

(regardless of Katana Model or Firmware version )

"Panel" is simply what ever the current state of the real Katana knobs are set.

gumtown

"Panel" is actually a storable location in the Katana, but the result is unpredictable.
It is only useful for effect types, or Red/Green/Yellow effect variants.
Anything knob related ends up seemingly random.

There is no way of changing that, if you want consistent channel selection, you will have to make use the 4 channel the KAT 50 has,
or move up to the KAT 100 8 channels, or use a laptop + external midi foot pedal + FxFloorBoard "patch Loader" function.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

HF1600ie

Hi,
It has to be a storable memory slot, because I once saved something there and it worked, except the boost pedal was always OFF, instead of ON just as I saved it there.  ;) but now, I try to save a completely new patch there and it´s useless.

"laptop + external midi foot pedal + FxFloorBoard "patch Loader" function" - This seems like a good idea !!
Is ther any videos of this ? What kind of pedal would work ?  ;D Interested !!

gumtown

A midi pedal (with USB interface to laptop) which sends regular program change (1~128) to select patches, and optionally sends midi cc# (continuous controller) for Assigned effects parameter control.