Boss VE-500 Vocal Performer and Boss GP-10

Started by BrookfieldStrummer, November 07, 2021, 10:20:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookfieldStrummer

I have recently bought a VE-500 and like it much more than my previous VE-8.  However, I have encountered a problem.  I play a Godin LGXT through a GP-10 and like to use the tuning changes.  My question: Does anyone know if it's safe to feed the GP-10 output into the VE-500 as the playing reference? This will allow me to sing along with Open G tunings while my guitar is still effectively pushing out Standard tuning on the normal pickups.
If not, any other ideas how I can do this?
GP-10, GT-1, VE-8, VE-500, Trio plus, Godin, Gibson, Gretsch, Fender, Taylor, Takemine, Yamaha, Hagstrom, Lap & Pedal, Rivera, Marshall, Roland

gumtown

The VE-500 guitar input will track your vocals at what ever key you feed into it.

Don't do what I did, the VE-500 was going crazy, switching things and starting the looper, until I realized I had plugged into the CTL jack instead of the guitar in.
The signal was loud enough to trigger the CTL switch inputs.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

BrookfieldStrummer

It's 2 things I was worried about.  1. Whether the GP-10 output signal would be at too high a level and damage the input circuitry of the VE-500, and 2. If the processed signal would have too many harmonics and would confuse the analysis.  On the latter, I remember that the VE-8 manual said definitely not to use the FX processed signal as the input to that device as it would fail to analyze properly.
GP-10, GT-1, VE-8, VE-500, Trio plus, Godin, Gibson, Gretsch, Fender, Taylor, Takemine, Yamaha, Hagstrom, Lap & Pedal, Rivera, Marshall, Roland

gumtown

I use the GR-55 "guitar out" which is a dry instrument only signal, a heavily modified signal would most likely confuse the VE-500.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Boisdelac

Using my GT1000, I placed insert 1 directly behind the input, set as a branch out to connect to my VE500´s guitar in. No problem so far, only one additional cable needed.