Katana - Line Out / Rec Out

Started by bowtomecha, March 26, 2018, 03:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowtomecha

I just noticed that the diagrams show the headphone/record out as muting the signal to the speaker when engaged. It also shows the line out as not muting the signal. Does the line out actually allow the signal to pass through to the power section while simultaneously through itself?

admin

Quote from:  Bowtomecha on March 26, 2018, 03:59:22 PM
I just noticed that the diagrams show the headphone/record out as muting the signal to the speaker when engaged. It also shows the line out as not muting the signal. Does the line out actually allow the signal to pass through to the power section while simultaneously through itself?

On the Katana 100 watt Combo / Head  , the 1/4" Line Out is always active
Headphone  / Rec Output will cut off the internal speaker

But on the Katana 50, there is no Line Out - instead only a combined the Headphone  / "Rec Out"  - and yes that will cut the internal speaker audio

mooncaine

Since you mentioned that "Headphone  / Rec Output will cut off the internal speaker" that reminds me of yet another groovy feature of the VG-99: you can listen to headphones without muting anything else.

I've been doing that for some of the signup jams I've done recently, because the stages we use are tiny and the monitoring isn't always useful. I just wish I had an independent headphone volume control.