MS-3 switching banks randomly

Started by spankygtr, March 24, 2018, 01:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spankygtr

Anyone have an issue with the MS-3 randomly changing banks on its own? I spent 2 days programming mine without a problem. Then, the first gig I did last night was a nightmare. It started when I would press switch 4 in bank 1, and it would go to 4 in bank 2. During the night it started jumping around constantly, and the volume pedal I had in loop 3 (feeding a delay pedal) was rendered useless because that loop wasnt active in every single patch in the MS-3 (I'm really only using two banks on it), so I had all kinds of volume spikes. I'm using an FS-7, and I also tried disconnecting it-the banks still kept changing on their own.
I was using a One Spot power supply(no other pedals on it), also tried a Godlyke PA-9S.

spankygtr

So I guess nobody else has experienced this issue? Interestingly, a user on the MS-3 Facebook page has had this happen, and he uses a Onespot CS7. I emailed boss tech support, and they told me "The MS-3 could be having an issue with the Onespot power as it does not line up exactly, milliamps wise. We would recommend using the PSA-120 that the MS-3 came with and see if that problem goes away". 

ElliotG

An issue with power supply noise or an insufficient ground could cause these kinds of problems.  The PSA 120 has a choke on the power line to filter noise.

Have you tried the MS-3 with the supplied power supply?  Did it fix the problem?

CodeSmart

Does this also appear in a vibration free environment?

I was thinking a bad soldering somewhere (as an alternative to electrical interference theory)
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

spankygtr

I finally traced the problem to an apparently dodgy TRS cable connecting the FS-7 to the MS-3.