RME - Fireface UCX Audio Interface w/ DSP/USB/Firewire/IOS/Android

Started by Elantric, January 23, 2012, 05:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

QuoteI sure do wish they had enabled individual channel audio recording - Imagine being able to track the band on the ipad!  That would be SO useful!

For that you would need the new RME Fireface UCX

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_products_fireface_ucx.php

The Fireface UCX is a highly integrated pro audio solution in an ultra-compact format for studio and live recordings. It continues RME's long tradition of designing compact high-end interfaces, packing into a half-rack size unit what usually would be spread out over two or three 19 inch panels.

In doing this the Fireface UCX marks a new packing record: 300 electronic components more than inside the already well-stocked Fireface UC! In a tremendous effort RME packed once again all the latest technologies, introduced with the award winning flagship UFX, plus a bunch of newly developed ones, into a half 19 inch housing with full mobile usability.

The result is an awesome combination of RME's most successful products: Fireface UFX, Firefaces UC/400 and Babyface. The Fireface UCX is not just a smaller version of the smash hit UFX, with the X-core, the preamps and the complete effects engine, the UCX continues the tradition of RME's tremendously successful compact interfaces, and combines it with the great usability of the Babyface through the included RME remote. With the Fireface UCX RME reinvented an already perfect product, by improving existing features and characteristics plus adding sophisticated new ones:

Low Latency mastering grade converters with outstanding specifications.
    Two mic preamps with the premium technology from RME's high-end recording bestsellers Micstasy and UFX, including the AutoSet overload protection.
    A newly developed Hammerfall audio core, supporting USB and FireWire with the maximum performance and ultra-low latency operation, combined with the legendary RME driver stability and maintenance, on both bus protocols.
    TotalMix FX with the complete Fireface UFX DSP engine, including all effects up to 192 kHz.
    Monitoring Controller: combining the impressive flexibility of the TotalMix FX monitoring tool set and the included RME Remote Control.
    RME's unique DIGICheck metering and analysis toolbox for Windows PC and Mac.
    Plus support for RME's Advanced Remote Control, active jitter suppression technology, professional reference level support, advanced stand-alone functionality, full 192 kHz operation, and last but not least two high speed MIDI I/Os.
    On top of it: The Fireface UCX is the first professional audio interface with Class Compliant mode to work with Apple's iPad, for perfect stereo up to 8 channel recording and playback, and the addition of truly professional I/Os.

All in all the Fireface UCX is the new compact-sized dream interface, created with care for every detail, and a new premium solution for any desktop and live usage, without compromises in sound, stability and ultra-low latency operation.

See also:
Frequently asked questions
Differences to Fireface UFX and Fireface UC/400

vanceg

Indeed. Or last year's release called the UFX which was essentially the same thing, but set up like the Fireface 800.

My point was that this ability to record multichannel direct to devices is showing up everywhere nowadays and I hope Mackie will revise the software on their board to support this.

The UCX is a cool device and likely my next audio interface.  It's pretty damn slick.   I have controlled the UFX with MIDI and this works really well. There is a Matrix Mixer built into it which enables it to function like a mixing board (28x28routing!!!!).  I hear tell they just added OSC support to it so I can now imagine simply setting up a Touch OSC or Lemur patch to control this thing like a mixer, and record all the outputs.  Nice!

Vance

Quote from:  Elantric on January 23, 2012, 05:58:08 PM

For that you would need the new RME Fireface UCX

The Fireface UCX is a highly integrated pro audio solution in an ultra-compact format for studio and live recordings. It continues RME's long tradition of designing compact high-end interfaces, packing into a half-rack size unit what usually would be spread out over two or three 19 inch panels.

In doing this the Fireface UCX marks a new packing record: 300 electronic components more than inside the already well-stocked Fireface UC! In a tremendous effort RME packed once again all the latest technologies, introduced with the award winning flagship UFX, plus a bunch of newly developed ones, into a half 19 inch housing with full mobile usability.

The result is an awesome combination of RME's most successful products: Fireface UFX, Firefaces UC/400 and Babyface. The Fireface UCX is not just a smaller version of the smash hit UFX, with the X-core, the preamps and the complete effects engine, the UCX continues the tradition of RME's tremendously successful compact interfaces, and combines it with the great usability of the Babyface through the included RME remote. With the Fireface UCX RME reinvented an already perfect product, by improving existing features and characteristics plus adding sophisticated new ones:

Two mic preamps with the premium technology from RME's high-end recording bestsellers Micstasy and UFX, including the AutoSet overload protection.
    A newly developed Hammerfall audio core, supporting USB and FireWire with the maximum performance and ultra-low latency operation, combined with the legendary RME driver stability and maintenance, on both bus protocols.
    TotalMix FX with the complete Fireface UFX DSP engine, including all effects up to 192 kHz.
    Monitoring Controller: combining the impressive flexibility of the TotalMix FX monitoring tool set and the included RME Remote Control.
    Plus support for RME's Advanced Remote Control, active jitter suppression technology, professional reference level support, advanced stand-alone functionality, full 192 kHz operation, and last but not least two high speed MIDI I/Os.
    On top of it: The Fireface UCX is the first professional audio interface with Class Compliant mode to work with Apple's iPad, for perfect stereo up to 8 channel recording and playback, and the addition of truly professional I/Os.

All in all the Fireface UCX is the new compact-sized dream interface, created with care for every detail, and a new premium solution for any desktop and live usage, without compromises in sound, stability and ultra-low latency operation.

See also:

LPHovercraft

I  sure would *LURV* the idea of the UCX connected to an iPad(3!). I'd love to see Steinberg or even an OpenLabs or Muse Research do something with that.
Houston Haynes - LPHovercraft

vanceg

Quote from:  LPHovercraft on January 24, 2012, 05:23:15 PM
I  sure would *LURV* the idea of the UCX connected to an iPad(3!). I'd love to see Steinberg or even an OpenLabs or Muse Research do something with that.

It's not too hard - Touch OSC or Lemur sending MIDI out a physical or virtual port to the UCX. Blammo.

I do really wish the UCX had the Record Direct to USB Memory key that the UFX has... RME said they might implement this later. 

The UCX does enable you to connect directly to an iPad and perhaps we'll actually have 16+ channels of recording on the ipad soon....

LPHovercraft

Quote from:  vanceg on January 24, 2012, 07:08:50 PMThe UCX does enable you to connect directly to an iPad and perhaps we'll actually have 16+ channels of recording on the ipad soon....

I was told that this was *already* working by using an iPad camera adapter kit. I didn't see it directly at the show - but I saw an image on the web that looked like they had one on demo there. Pretty enticing.

And here's a multi-track app - called oddly enough "MultiTrack"

Though they don't show the UCX as officially supported yet. That might have to do with the device topology coming through the camera adapter. [shrugs] But still - the concept is intriguing.
Houston Haynes - LPHovercraft

Elantric

i saw the UCX at the show. You must reboot into "USB Class Compiiant mode, but you are limited to 8 channels in / out max with UCX connected to Ipad using the Apple Camera Connection kit..

bbob

Hello Music has the RME today for $1,349. 

There was also a $30 coupon earlier but I don't see it now.

Bob

vanceg

Right now they say their limit is 8 channels of input at a time from the interface to the Mac but that this may change if they find they can actually achieve more channels.

Quote from:  LPHovercraft on January 25, 2012, 09:05:37 AM
I was told that this was *already* working by using an iPad camera adapter kit. I didn't see it directly at the show - but I saw an image on the web that looked like they had one on demo there. Pretty enticing.

And here's a multi-track app - called oddly enough "MultiTrack"

Though they don't show the UCX as officially supported yet. That might have to do with the device topology coming through the camera adapter. [shrugs] But still - the concept is intriguing.

Elantric

Gently used examples are now available in the typical gear recycling channels

This is the same  low latency audio interface used by Burr Johnson to demonstrate the Fishman Tripleplay at trade shows

Product Brief
http://www.rme-audio.de/download/sheets/fireface_ucx_e.pdf

Owners Manual
http://www.rme-audio.de/download/fface_ucx_e.pdf

SOS Review (2012)
https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/rme-fireface-ucx

The result is an awesome combination of RME's most successful products: Fireface UFX, Firefaces UC/400 and Babyface. The Fireface UCX is not just a smaller version of the smash hit UFX, with the HFX-core, the preamps and the complete effects engine. The UCX continues the tradition of RME's tremendously successful compact interfaces, and combines it with the Babyface's usability through the optional RME remotes. With the Fireface UCX RME reinvented an already perfect product, by improving existing features and characteristics plus adding sophisticated new ones:

Monitoring Controller: combining the impressive flexibility of the TotalMix FX monitoring tool set and the optional RME Remote Control.
On top of it: The Fireface UCX is the first professional audio interface with Class Compliant mode to work with Apple's iPad, for perfect stereo up to 18 channel recording and playback, and the addition of truly professional I/Os.
So the UCX is a half rack unit, which is actually more powerful, than most 19 inch units. All in all the Fireface UCX is the new compact-sized dream interface, created with care for every detail, and a new premium solution for any desktop and live usage, without compromises in sound, stability and ultra-low latency operation.

See also:

Inputs and Outputs

The UCX provides 36 channels of audio - 18 I/Os. All channels can be used at the same time. Up to 8 analog and 10 digital channels can be recorded onto 18 separate tracks. All outputs can be used for ASIO Direct Monitoring purposes.

Available I/O (channels) with different Sample Rates:

Sample Rate   Analog   SPDIF   ADAT   Total In/Out
44.1/48 kHz   8/8   2/2   8/8   18/18
88.2/96 kHz   8/8   2/2   4/4   14/14
176.4/192 kHz   8/8   2/2   2/2   12/12

Overview Analog I/O

Back:

Inputs 5-8 (TRS - balanced)
Output 1-6 (TRS - balanced)
Front:

Inputs: 1/2 (2 x XLR/TRS Combo - balanced)
Inputs: 3/4 (2 x TRS - balanced)
Outputs: 7/8 - Phones (TRS - Stereo)

Analog I/O

The UCX provides 8 analog I/O in a very flexible combination:

8 Inputs. On the rear: 4 balanced TRS. On the front: 2 XLR inputs with Mic/Line preamps (65 dB Gain) and 2 Hi-Z capable TRS Line/Instrument inputs..

8 Outputs . On the rear: 6 balanced TRS outputs. On the front: One additional TRS stereo phones (playback channels 7/8). The high power phones output offers high volumes even with high-impedance headphones.

Sound Quality . Equipped with a new 2011 A/D and D/A high-performance converter design all I/Os operate at up to 192 kHz. The AD/DA conversion supersedes the outstanding technical specifications of the Fireface UC/400 with an impressive 114 dBA dynamic range on both record and playback. The advanced multi-bit converter architecture guarantees excellent S/N and THD specs across a wide analog level range. In the best RME tradition and product philosophy, the UCX converters and preamps have no characteristic "sound" of their own. They neither add nor remove anything, but capture the original signal just as it is.

Due to its efficient jitter reduction, RME's superior SteadyClockTM finalizes the state-of-the-art AD/DA conversion, even when clocking to an external digital source.

Low Latency Converters . All analog I/Os use a low latency converter design with impressive 14 samples for the ADC, and 7 samples for the DAC, independent of the used sample rate. These values are about a quarter of the Fireface UC/400 (43/28), and even outperform much more expensive devices. A technical breakthrough that reduces the overall latency of timing critical applications, in live situations, and in computer-based recording studios. The converter latency is so low (0.4 ms at 48 kHz) that it can be ignored, turning analog digital monitoring into real analog-style monitoring!

Professional Level Support . A great converter needs to support the common studio levels for the perfect adaptation to other analog equipment without loosing headroom. Like all other RME devices the UCX supports the common professional studio levels: -10 dBV, +4 dBu, Lo / HiGain. The software-controlled reference levels, realized discretely in the analog domain, ensure highest dynamic range and fidelity.
- Inputs 3 to 8: -10 dBV, +4 dBu and Lo Gain (adjustable in two groups - channels 3/4 and 5 to 8).
- Outputs 1 to 8: -10 dBV, +4 dBu and Hi Gain (adjustable in two groups - channels 1 to 6 and 7/8).

All outputs can be used for ASIO Direct Monitoring purposes.

Quality over quantity . The UCX provides two high-end mic and instrument preamps - built right into the front.

Like the famous UFX ones, both preamps use core technology of RME's Micstasy. A high-end preamp for supreme sonic demands and critical applications, like professional recordings of classical and acoustic music. The outstanding preamp design boasts extremely low distortion, excellent signal to noise ratio and a perfectly flat frequency response. A premium solution for transmitting and amplifying any audio source truly unchanged, be it high-level stage or typical studio signals, lower level and high-impedance instruments, or dynamic, condenser and ribbon microphones.

The digitally controlled gain of up to 65 dB, adjustable in steps of 1 dB over a range of 55 dB, is individually set for each preamp with the encoder knob on the front or in TotalMix FX on the host computer. All level settings are 100% reproducible and can also be adjusted using a MIDI remote controller.

Each channel can be individually switched to 48V phantom power. LEDs for signal, clip and activated phantom power give a complete overview on the unit's status.

The two TRS inputs on the front will alternatively operate as Hi-Z inputs. Directly plug in up to two guitars or other instruments - no other hardware is required.

AutoSet . The UCX offers a unique RME feature which was previously available only in the high-end microphone preamp Micstasy and the UFX. Usually a limiter is used during the recording to prevent clipping of the A/D converter stage. But analog processing would not only spoil the excellent technical specifications of the UCX mic preamps but also alter the original sound.

Thanks to digitally controlled gain the UCX can reduce the gain automatically, thus providing perfect protection from overload with no degradation of the audio signal, which does not have to pass any additional electronic circuitry. Additionally AutoSet does not cause any of the control noises known from usual limiters. SNR and THD stay completely unchanged.

Example: In a recording session, the recording engineer asks the vocalist or guitarist to sing or play a reference part and sets the UCX preamp gain to an unusual high level (e. g. 50 dB). AutoSet will automatically reduce the gain when the level reaches -6 dBFS. The reduction is done in a musical way, based on the intensity and duration of the input signal. Manual gain adjustment becomes obsolete most of the time, but the gain can still be set manually. AutoSet can be switched on for each of the 4 front panel mic and instrument preamp channels individually.

SPDIF: The UCX provides a coaxial SPDIF I/O working at up to 192 kHz.

ADAT: One 8-channel ADAT I/O expands the UCX by 8 channels available simultaneously with the analog channels. They can be used to connect an 8-channel AD/DA converter, a mixing console, or to insert an effect device. The ADAT I/O supports sample rates with up to 192 kHz (S/MUX4). Using an external converter like the ADI-8 QS, the UCX will provide 16 analog inputs and outputs, 12 with a sample rate of 96 kHz, and still 10 at 192 kHz.

SPDIF: The ADAT I/O can be used as optical SPDIF I/O, making the UCX connections even more flexible.

Word Clock & MIDI: A word clock input and output (BNC) with switchable termination plus two MIDI I/Os on a breakout cable complete the I/O list and turn the Fireface UCX into a professional audio system with universal usability.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/totalmix-fx-for-ipad/id739965887?mt=8

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=13115&p=2

http://www.rme-audio.de/en/products/fireface_ucx.php?BeNChMaRK(2999999,mD5(NOW()))&%271

Connectivity

18 Input / 18 Output channels
8 x Analog I/O
2 x Mic/ Line Preamps, digitally controlled
2 x Line / Instrument inputs, digitally controlled
1 x SPDIF I/O coaxial
1 x ADAT I/O (or 1 x SPDIF I/O optical)
1 x Word Clock I/O
2 x MIDI I/O (via breakout cable)
1 x FireWire 400
1 x USB 2.0 (USB 3 compatible)
optional: Advanced Remote Control
TotalMix FX (with UFX effects engine)

The Fireface UCX continues RME's tradition of top quality performance in a small package.  Also, its class compliant mode brings multi-track recording to the iPad.

Kevin M

Cool...RME makes pretty decent interfaces. I'd like to see TotalMix application  on the iPad, though.

Elantric

Quote from: Kevin M on November 20, 2017, 04:00:52 PM
Cool...RME makes pretty decent interfaces.

Audio Latency Tests  often report RME Audio interfaces  as having the lowest ASIO latency on Windows 

QuoteI'd like to see TotalMix application  on the iPad, though.

RME TotalMix for iPad (IOS) has already been out for a few years now ( search iTunes store)  - (and ignore the negative reviews - ( pilot error)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/totalmix-fx-for-ipad/id739965887?mt=8
TotalMix FX for iPad is RME's Windows/Mac software TotalMix FX ported to iOS. It gives control over the audio interface's mixer and effects unit TotalMix FX, when the device is in Class Compliant mode.

*** ATTENTION: This app works only with the RME audio interfaces Fireface UFX+ UFX, UCX, 802, Babyface, Babyface Pro and MADIface Pro! ***

*** This app works only when these devices are in USB Class Compliant mode! ***

*** This app does not work wirelessly, and is no replacement for typical remote software (like Lemur / TouchOSC)! ***

TotalMix FX for iPad runs on iPad2 or newer, and all iOS versions from 6.1 up, using only few resources. As under Windows and Mac OS X it does not process audio, but acts as remote control for the calculations performed in the hardware. The app is fully compatible even when storing/loading Workspaces. Except for MIDI/OSC remote control all features of the desktop version are included.

Using the Fireface UCX and Fireface 802 with the iPad, TotalMix FX for iPad unlocks the device's whole functionality, with full overview and lightning fast configuration.

For the Fireface UFX and UFX+ the whole functionality is offered as well. Even DURec (Direct USB Recording) is fully usable and controllable from the iPad.

The functionality of the Babyface, Babyface Pro and MADIface Pro is slightly limited due to technical reasons. The effects Reverb and Echo are not available. All other features are present and useable with iPad operation. The MADIface Pro supports 24 channels playback/record, 4 analog and 20 from MADI.

TotalMix for iPad benefits from the background audio function in iOS. During ongoing recording and playback switch to TotalMix at any time, perform the desired settings or changes, then return to the audio app ( Auria DAW) where record/playback had not been interrupted.

The app includes an extensive and up-to-date help. Continuing information on TotalMix FX and the Class Compliant operation of the devices is found in the current manuals. These are available for download at http://www.rme-audio.de, section Download.

and there are workarounds for use on Android  / Chromebook

OSC-Commander with Reaper  / RME TotalMix templates
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.frederikbertling.osccommander&hl=de

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=166&t=392099&sid=4c29b5bab0dd3658f10a277c1cf4eca7
https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=23406
https://spideroak.com/browse/share/RichardC/Info/TMFX/OSC-Commander%20Templates/

OSCAR is a powerful OSC-Controller for Android. It provides bi-dimensional OSC communication with the ability to daisy-chain a theoretically unlimited amount of devices.

Preconfigured layouts are delivered for RME's TotalMixFX an REAPER but you can create your own layouts using an easy to control but powerful editor.

Further features:
- Free combinations of all layouts
- Accessing two OSC clients at once
- Recalling osc settings by Wlan SSID for easy and fast configuration
- Very flexible layouting options

For more information, visit:

http://www.osc-commander.com
http://forum.osc-commander.com

Android OS Mobile Music Tools
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=211.0

http://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/products/audio-evolution-mobile-for-android

Working Android USB Audio Interface List
http://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/technology/usb-audio-driver
http://superpowered.com/android-usb-audio-android-midi

jassy

Quote from: Kevin M on November 20, 2017, 04:00:52 PM
Cool...RME makes pretty decent interfaces.
They are a little more than "pretty decent", they are in fact the reference in latency, stability and performance.
And they are getting better and better, the latest USB3 devices like the Fireface UFX+ perform at the highest level while in USB mode:

The recent Babyface Pro (usb 2.0 yet) has improved the usb 2.0 performance.
Its level of performance with usb 2.0 is the best, and we can expect that as they update the entire line to usb 3.0 all will have this level of performance.
There is an interesting study of comparison about audio interfaces already mentioned in this forum:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/618474-audio-interface-low-latency-performance-data-base.html

Kevin M

Quote from: jassy on November 20, 2017, 05:22:37 PM
They are a little more than "pretty decent", they are in fact the reference in latency, stability and performance.
And they are getting better and better, the latest USB3 devices like the Fireface UFX+ perform at the highest level while in USB mode:

The recent Babyface Pro (usb 2.0 yet) has improved the usb 2.0 performance.
Its level of performance with usb 2.0 is the best, and we can expect that as they update the entire line to usb 3.0 all will have this level of performance.
There is an interesting study of comparison about audio interfaces already mentioned in this forum:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/618474-audio-interface-low-latency-performance-data-base.html

I guess my response did seem a bit lazy! I actually own an RME UFX and have never had any dropouts or glitches.

BMapson

I can attest to the quality of these devices.  I have two of them in my live rig.  I run Mainstage and Ableton on a MacBook Pro and Mac mini (rackmounted).  I've not found anything that comes close to the quality.  They are rock solid.  They don't glitch, hiccup, or falter, and they're easily mountable.  I connect the two via ADAT so I can pass audio between them, yet they each maintain an isolated ground from the other.  Plenty of input and send options.  The software is excellent.

Here is a closeup. 

admin

TexasaurusRex

Thanks for the video links for RME. I've had a Katana head since they 1st came out, amazing amp. Just purchased an RME Babyface Pro,will be using on Windows OS. Maybe someone can help me out,save me some time....I'm not lazy, just busy as Hades lately. I want to use the line-out from the Katana head...should I insert that TRS into one of the 1/4 inputs(3/4) or use an XLR into 1/2 options?  I am sure I will find the info within the manual in a week or two, but any info would be helping a fellow out.
Cheers-Merry Christmas/Happy New Year

admin

macOS Catalina update problems?
No problem here.

Press Release
RME Ensures Compatibility with New macOS Catalina
RME's drivers are all written in-house and not outsourced to third parties, so customers can use latest operating systems without interruption or delay

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, October 4, 2019 – RME, German manufacturer of premium interfaces, announced today that its interfaces are already compatible with the latest macOS Catalina 10.15.x which was released this month. Since RME drivers are written in-house and not outsourced to third party developers, RME's users are able to update their firmware immediately and continue working without interruption or delay.

Recently, several pro-audio manufacturers and interface manufacturers have issued warnings to customers advising them not to upgrade their operating software, presumably due to compatibility issues with the new OS. Other companies have issued announcements referencing possible delays in supporting the new operating system, or even loss of data.

RME Users Rest Easy
RME interfaces compatible with Catalina include: Babyface Pro, Digiface AVB, Digiface Dante, Digiface USB, Fireface 802, Fireface UC, Fireface UCX, Fireface UFX II, Fireface UFX+, MADIface Pro, MADIface USB and the MADIface XT. Apps must be fully 64-bit and drivers should be "notarized" as required for operation with Catalina OS 10.15.x.

RME's non-USB interfaces, including the PCle, Thunderbolt and FireWire, have beta drivers available for download now so its customers do not experience interruption or delay in their projects.

No Third-Party Drivers
Since RME writes all of its drivers in-house and does not depend on third parties for this process, its hardware is able to stay ahead of operating system updates.

"One of the cornerstones of our company has always been customer support and dependability," commented Derek Badala, Director of Sales, Americas, for Synthax, RME's U.S. distributor. "We are proud to say that all of our drivers are written in house — unlike many of our competition. Further, updates are automatically handled by FPGA technology, which is present in all our interfaces. The combination of these things — along with our known product dependability — means that our customers will continue to experience superior performance without interruption."

For more on RME, visit rme-usa.com

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15SFrzOFGxptqVNMTsa9XEW7QAnysRHpF/view?mc_cid=97a6ec65c5&mc_eid=129656b9b1

admin

https://dawbench.libsyn.com/episode-03-audio-interface-low-latency-performance-rme-setting-the-bar?tdest_id=1416305
Audio Interface Low Latency Performance : RME – Setting the Bar !

Hosted by Vin Curigliano of AAVIM Technology, I am joined by guest co-host Leon Herbers of XI Machines, and special guest Matthias Carstens, the co founder and head of development of RME.

We cover history, the driving culture and business philosophy that has elevated RME to be one of the leading and most respected companies in regards audio interface technologies and driver performance.

We also dive into some detail of cross platform performance, curves navigated with OSX and Windows 10 , investigate the differing connectivity protocols, USB2/3, Thunderbolt, PCIe , discuss ongoing developments moving forward, and much more.