SONICAKE Sonic IR Speaker Cabinet Simulator ($49)

Started by admin, February 19, 2021, 03:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Sonicake pedals are designed and made by Hotone  / Valeton
https://www.sonicake.com/products/sonic-ir

$59
https://www.amazon.com/SONICAKE-Speaker-Cabinet-Simulator-Response/dp/B08DNBHGWX/ref=pd_sbs_47

●Simple & Efficient Impulse Response Loading tool for simulating all kinds of Speaker Cabinets.

●11 on-board Classic Guitar/Bass Cabinet Simulations with Volume Control.

●Super easy way (Drag and Drop operation) for Managing IR Files (recognized as a USB Disk).

●XLR Balanced Output for plugging into Mixer or Audio Interface or PA System.

●Working with 9V Center Negative Regular Pedal Power Supply(not included).

Specifications:
Power: DC 9V 5.5 x 2.1mm center negative, 200mA
Dimensions: 93.5mm ( D ) x 42mm ( W ) x 52mm ( H )
Weight: 270g
IR Processing:24bit, 44.1kHz, 1024 points
Signal to noise ratio:100dB
Frequency Range:20Hz~20kHz

Description:
SONIC IR is a simple and efficient cabinet simulator delivering 11 selected classic guitar/bass cabinet models. You can load your own IR files. Two outputs jacks are suitable for different usage
scenarios.

Download: Sonic IR Factory Cab IR Files (Right click and save as)

IR file converter

Connect to computer to import your IR files. The Sonic

IR will be recognized as a USB disk when connected.

To import an IR file:

1.Drag and drop an IR file into the USB disk. The IR file should be a 24-bit, 44.1kHz mono wav file ONLY. File name should start with a location number ranging from 01-11 (e.g. "06 My IR 4x12" is a correct name; the "06" indicates the location the file will be saved).

2.Delete the original file with the same location number.

3.Delete the "FILELIST" file in the USB disk.

4.Eject and restart the unit.

Note:

If there is no file at one location, when you switch to that location, you will hear a bypassed sound.

It already comes with 11 factory impulse responses loaded on it, and you can load your own impulse response on it as well, making it very convenient to use.

Here below is the list of impulse response that comes standard on the pedal:
01 Champion 1×8 Fender® Champ* 1×8″ cabinet
02 Voks 2×12 VOX® AC30* 2×12″ cabinet
03 TR65 2X12 Fender® ' 65 Twin Reverb* 2×12″ cabinet
04 UK 2550 2×12 Marshall® 2550* 2×12″ cabinet
05 BM59 4X10 Fender® '59 Bassman* 4×10″ cabinet
06 Tanger 4×12 Orange® PPC412* 4×12 ″ cabinet
07 UK 1960 4×12 Marshall® 1960AV* 4×12″ cabinet
08 6505 4×12 Peavey® 6505* 4×12″ cabinet
09 Mebo 4×12 Mesa/Boogie® Rectifier* 4×12″ cabinet
10 M Bass 2×10 Mark Bass®* 2×10″ bass cabinet
11 A Bass 8×10 Ampeg® SVT-810F* 8×10″ bass cabinet

Here's the link if you want to download the package to try it out:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w5-u9p_X1uZpFzu5taMUgD_fWkJBOyVB/view?usp=sharing

Sonic IR Factory Cab IR Files
http://sonicake.net/static/Sonic%20IR%20Factory%20Cab%20IR%20Files.zip
IR File converter
https://ir-converter.sonicake.net/#/

admin

QuoteI popped the Sonic IR open and from what I can see it has two major ICs, a Cirrus CS4272 DAC and a HDSC HC32F460JE in a 48 pin flat pack. There are a few additional ICs on the board and two crystals. The Sonic IR has two closely spaced PCBs and you can't pull them apart without desoldering. But there doesn't look like much between them.

I can't find much info on the HDSC part, at least nothing in English (the part number may not be right either, hard to read). I wonder if it is a small microcontroller with DSP.

its a

Huada (HDSC) HC32F460 MCU

= $3.00 US ARM Cortex MCU (LQ48) (STM32 like at 168 MHz from HDSC - a MFG from China.

More like 80 cents in China
https://programmersought.com/article/62356555178/

Use google Chrome auto Translate

https://bbs.21ic.com/icview-3043616-1-1.html

Here's the dev board

and complier

Quotehe HC32F460 series is a
high-performance MCU based on ARM® Cortex®-M432-bit RISC CPU with a maximum operating frequency of 168MHz . The Cortex-M4 core integrates a floating-point unit (FPU) and DSP to implement single-precision floating-point arithmetic
operations, supports all ARM single-precision data processing instructions and data types, and supports a complete DSP instruction set. The kernel
integrates the MPU unit and superimposes the DMAC dedicated MPU unit to ensure the safety of system operation.
The HC32F460 series integrates high-speed on-chip memory, including Flash up to 512KB and SRAM up to 192KB.
The Flash access acceleration unit is integrated to realize the single-cycle program execution of the CPU on the Flash. Polling bus matrix
supports multiple bus masters to access memory and peripherals at the same time to improve operating performance. The bus host includes CPU, DMA,
USB dedicated DMA and so on. In addition to the bus matrix, it supports data transfer between peripherals, and basic arithmetic operations and events trigger each other
, which can significantly reduce the transaction processing load of the CPU.
The HC32F460 series integrates a wealth of peripheral functions. Includes 2 independent 12bit2MSPS ADCs, 1 gain
adjustable PGA, 3 voltage comparators (CMP), 3 multifunctional 16bit PWM Timers (Timer6) support 6
complementary PWM outputs, 3 motor PWM Timers (Timer4) support 18 complementary PWM outputs, 6 16bit
general-purpose Timers (TimerA) support 3 3-phase quadrature encoding inputs and 48 Duty independent programmable PWM outputs,
11 serial communication interfaces (I2C/UART/SPI), 1 QSPI interface, 1 CAN, 4 I2S support audio
PLL, 2 SDIO, 1 USB FS Controller with on-chip FS PHY to support Device/Host.
The HC32F460 series supports a wide voltage range (1.8-3.6V), a wide temperature range (-40-105°C) and various low power consumption modes
. High-speed mode (8-168MHz) and ultra-low-speed mode (<8MHz) can be switched in Run mode and Sleep mode.
Supports fast wake-up in low-power mode, STOP mode wake-up as fast as 2us, Power Down mode wake-up as fast as
20us.

Typical applications
HC32F460 series provide 48pin, 64pin, 100pin LQFP package, 48pin, 60pin QFN package,
suitable for high-performance motor frequency conversion control, intelligent hardware, IoT connection module and other fields.
Huada MCU-China Chip, Chinese Dream Chinese people use their own "chips"
• If you have technical and price questions, you can consult with QQ at any time.
• Our company has a strong technical team that can conduct R&D and design according to your requirements, and tailor-made , Customer satisfaction is our highest aim~!
• QQ:3461816790 •"

I2S support audio
This is key, allows use with 24 bit @44.1kHz CODEC (A/D, D/A) IC (Cirrus, AKM, Wolfson,etc)

Sonic IR uses this Cirrus CS4272
https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/76/cs4272_f1-43250.pdf

D/A Features
! High Performance
– 114 dB Dynamic Range
– -100 dB THD+N
! Up to 192 kHz Sampling Rates
! Differential Analog Architecture
! Volume Control with Soft Ramp
– 1 dB Step Size
– Zero Crossing Click-free Transitions
! Selectable Digital Filters
– Fast and Slow Roll Off
! ATAPI Mixing Functions
! Selectable Serial Audio Interface Formats
– Left Justified up to 24-bit
– I2S up to 24-bit
– Right Justified 16-, 18-, 20-, and 24-Bit
! Control Output for External Muting
! Selectable 50/15 µs De-emphasis
A/D Features
! High Performance
– 114 dB Dynamic Range
– -100 dB THD+N
! Up to 192 kHz Sampling Rates
! Differential Analog Architecture
!Multi-bit Delta Sigma Conversion
! High-pass Filter or DC Offset Calibration
! Low-Latency Digital Anti-alias Filtering
! Automatic Dithering of 16-bit Data
! Selectable Serial Audio Interface Formats
– Left Justified up to 24-bit
– I2S up to 24-bit
System Features
! Direct Interface with 5V to 2.5V Logic Levels
! Internal Digital Loopback
!On-chip Oscillator
! Stand-Alone or Control Port Functionality

admin

Connect to computer to import your IR files.

The Sonic IR will be recognized as a USB disk when connected.

To import an IR file:

1.Drag and drop an IR file into the USB disk. The IR file should be a 24-bit, 44.1kHz mono wav file ONLY. File name should start with a location number ranging from 01-11 (e.g. "06 My IR 4x12" is a correct name; the "06" indicates the location the file will be saved).

2.Delete the original file with the same location number.

3.Delete the "FILELIST" file in the USB disk.

4.Eject and restart the unit.

Note:

If there is no file at one location, when you switch to that location, you will hear a bypassed sound.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/has-anyone-used-this-dirt-cheap-ir-loader.2235914/page-2#post-32639936

QuoteOk, I got into the Sonic IR and replaced a few of the default IRs with a few IRs from OwnHammer and York.

I wanted a way to compare, so I left some original IRs in place. I tried an OwnHammer (OH) IR to compare with the onboard Vox and Orange IRS and a York Mesa B. 2x12 vs the onboard Mesa 4x12. That last one wasn't fair, but moving on,... the IRs from OH and York were a big enough improvement to be worth swapping them in. the originals were darker and and a bit more "stiff". Yeah, I could dial down the bass and mid, and raise the treble for the original IR, but with the OH and York IRS the tone knobs all at 12 were great, which gave me more room to adjust them further. Also the OH and York IRs just sound better.

So I'd say it's worth it to swap the IR, but keep this in mind. The original IRs (8k to 11k each) took up about 111k of space and left about 126k. OH IRs we're about double, as 26k. York IRs were almost 7 times the size, at around 68k each. So "maybe" you could load 10 to 11 OH IRs, but only a handful of York IRs would fit. The plus to that is you could leave a blanks spots in to kind of act as bypass positions.

Conclusion, the Sonic IR is a very good IR pedal, made much better by loading better IRs.

SY.Borg.300

The cab in slot 4 is perfect for Stones, Mellencamp, even Zep or Humble P. The rest of the slots I find to be too squished, maybe they'd be good for distorto doom music but they are mostly unusable to me. But that one in slot 4 whups on IRs i got even from celestion or just about anything I hear on YouTube. I even dropped it in my mooer Radar and it sounds good there too.

pauloshure

Greetings everyone: is there a possibility to increase the memory of this pedal? to be able to use the i.rs without having to convert them?