VG-88 downloads - query

Started by Tony Raven, August 19, 2017, 06:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Raven

I've got the V-Editor 0.51 (of course), but only now does it occur to me that there's two other files available, vg88 librarian, & VG-88 Organizer.

Are either of these something I ought to have as well?

Tony Raven

I was about to launch another thread for V-Editor questions/discussion, but I really detest clutter ::) so I figured I'd just repurpose this one.

I'm probably overlooking something frightening obvious, but as I was watching the V-E demo video, it occurred to me how handy it'd be to have a loop track playing while I edit.

Sometimes it's just too distracting to have a guitar in my hands AND tweak controls (virtual not being a noticeable improvement). That's great for sorting the last few details, making it sound just so in a more performance-like setting, but a total drag when flipping through the options in hope of inspiration.

Can anyone recommend an easy way to put in a demo loop? And of course, because I am on the lazy side of life, is there something pre-made I can use or must I paste one up myself? ;)

Tony Raven

FWIW: per another thread, I loaded V-E to a 2002 Gateway laptop (kept around mostly for the nice big screen) running XP sp2 because the poor stupid thing stopped being able to load service packs years ago & simply isn't worth the cost of repair. Well-treated, but a bit rickety with age.

And V-Editor unpacked in about 15 seconds & runs perfectly.

FIRST GRIPE -- possibly the last:
When I have both the Chain & Edit panels, all the controls at the bottom of the latter are crammed right up against the bottom of the screen. That's inconvenient enough, but as that's normally where I hide the Windows main taskbar, the damned thing keeps leaping up & obscuring those controls completely.

MINOR MODERATE BUMMER:
Occasionally, the computer gets in the middle of a fight between the editor & my default browser (Firefox). If V-E is running, the browser will sometimes disappear entirely, even from the taskbar, though the task mgr says it's still there doing Satan's work. (I'm NOT a Mozilla fan...) Soon as I close the editor, all is sunshine again.

As I've also got a nice little Acer Aspire One netbook (running XP) that has fallen by the wayside, I may attempt to turn that into my dedicated V-E device. These can be had for <$50, so might be an ideal platform, particularly for those few of you Mac-oriented people who actually have a VG-88.