Large 6.2", 800x480-Pixel LCD Screen
62 Amps, 37 Cabs, 16 Microphones, and 104 Effects
Capacitive Footswitches. Touch to Edit, Hold to Assign, Press to Engage
Up to 2 Expression Pedals, External Amp Switching, and Deep MIDI Control
20.86 x 11.87 x 3.61 inches

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/threads/line6-helix-lt.1126927/

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HelixLT

sixeight

Thomann had it on their website too for one day: the 1st of April!

aliensporebomb

Wow, that looks so good it could be a real product. 

A few years ago someone made a Strymon mock up that was so good it also could have been real.  Some talented renderers out there.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

sixeight

Quote from:  admsustainiac
It should return April 8 (MusikMesse)

Line6 is not on the exhibitor list of the Messe. But as they are owned by Yamaha, I may have to look there. I am going there on Friday...

admin

The Line 6 Helix LT guitar processor features the same advanced HX Modeling technology found in the Helix Floor and Helix Rack processors. With a streamlined I/O complement and hardware configuration, the Helix LT guitar processor delivers the highest levels of performance, flexibility and control in its class. The award-winning HX Modeling engine leverages powerful dual-DSP performance to capture and recreate amps, cabs, mics and effects with authenticity and responsiveness. A large LCD and touch-sensitive footswitches with color LED rings enable easy usage and fast, smart control. The generous I/O complement, with extensive routing capabilities, makes it easy to integrate Helix LT into an existing rig and provides flexibility for a wide range of stage and studio applications. Helix LT has preset compatibility with existing Helix products and also offers Variax guitar control integration. With Helix LT, the world's most powerful guitar processing platform is now more accessible than ever before.

admin

admin

Basically Helix LT = a Helix, without the Four FX Loops, no XLR Mic in, no Aux Input, no S/PDIF, no dedicated headphone volume knob,   and slightly slower DSP's to meet a lower price point.

Apparently, the EXP2 jack is used for Amp Channel switch Relay. A global setting determines whether it's an expression input or amp switch output.

Although Helix LT's biggest competition will be a Used Helix, that often sell for same price = $1000

Compare normal Helix I/O

to Helix LT
Apparently, the EXP2 jack is used for Amp Channel switch relay. A global setting determines whether it's an expression input or amp switch output.

Line-6 says:
Will be in stores this week ;)
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/23859593/

Compared to Helix, the differences with Helix LT are:
No scribble strip LCDs (middle eight footswitch assignments appear on Helix LT's new colorful Performance view)
Fewer Ins and Outs:
2 Sends/Returns as opposed to 4 (can be stereo linked)
No mic preamp
No Aux In
No S/PDIF In/Out
Exp 2 In and dual Ext Amp Out share a single jack (function is globally selectable)
No Exp 3 jack
No CV Out jack
Less expensive chassis:
Folded steel top chassis as opposed to extruded aluminum
Folded steel expression pedal as opposed to cast aluminum
Impact-resistant ABS side panels with rubber overmolding (like those on Helix Control) as opposed to cast aluminum side panels
No separate Phones knob (headphone volume is controlled by main Volume knob)
No 10 Stomp footswitch mode; Stomp mode is limited to 8 switches
Pedal Edit select view displays 8 blocks at a time instead of 10
Registered Helix LT owners can purchase the Helix Native plug-in for $299 (normally $399; registered Helix and Helix Rack owners get it for $99)

sixeight

Quote from: sixeight on April 02, 2017, 10:40:51 PM
Thomann had it on their website too for one day: the 1st of April!

OK, that was funny. I thought it was a joke, but it's not.

admin

Helix LT is basically a response to this

No scribble strip LCDs (middle eight footswitch assignments appear on Helix LT's new colorful Performance view)
Fewer Ins and Outs:
No mic preamp
No Aux In
No S/PDIF In/Out
Exp 2 In and dual Ext Amp Out share a single jack (function is globally selectable)
No Exp 3 jack
No CV Out jack
Less expensive chassis:
Impact-resistant ABS side panels with rubber overmolding (like those on Helix Control) as opposed to cast aluminum side panels
Registered Helix LT owners can purchase the Helix Native plug-in for $299 (normally $399; registered Helix and Helix Rack owners get it for $99)

admin

gumtown

Quote from: sixeight on April 03, 2017, 10:25:08 AM
OK, that was funny. I thought it was a joke, but it's not.
Me too.  ;D ...  :) ...  :o ...  :P ... ?
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

mchad

That Helix LT looks good. Especially the display. The interface and in/out functionality looks fine.

What do they sound like? What are the effects like?

admin

What do they sound like?
Same sounds as the 2015 Helix

QuoteWhat are the effects like?
Same FX as  the 2015 Helix

review the Helix demos here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15279.0

Fewer Ins and Outs:
No mic preamp
No Aux In
No S/PDIF In/Out
No Exp 3 jack
No CV Out jack
Less expensive chassis:

mchad

HAMERMAN409

> and slightly slower DSP's to meet a lower price point.

Did they have to cut down on anything because of this?

Elantric

QuoteDid they have to cut down on anything because of this?

Could possibly make the Helix LT patch change time a bit more sluggish than the regular Helix - but most folks might hardly notice.

admin

sixeight

Yesterday I had the chance to have a quick listen to the Helix LT at the Frankfurter Musikmesse. Having the overview of the buttons on the top display works fine. I think one would get used to it in five minutes. Sound is good as well, though the presets did sound quite bright on the headphones that were available.

I found the patch change lag to be comparable with the GR-55. I did not get the chance to compare it with the normal Helix. It was quite busy at the stand.

Headless68

watched a few demos & they are quoting its the same DSP as the Helix, not a lesser powered one - having listened to quite a few demos now I find the Fractal AX8 (or AX II) better to my ears than anything else at the moment

Elantric

After reading this I lost interest -the normal Helix patch to patch change time is slow enough

QuoteI found the patch change lag to be comparable with the GR-55.
So  Helix LT slower DSP mean patch to patch change time is longer , now equal to the glacial GR-55 , which explains why I do not use it live.

And the Helix still has too much Line-6 Sound in its DNA that forces it back to 5th place behind Katana,AXE-FX,Kemper,AmpliFIRE.

Elantric

Quote- having listened to quite a few demos now I find the Fractal AX8 (or AX II) better to my ears than anything else at the moment

Matches my ears as well

sixeight

Quote from: Elantric on April 08, 2017, 11:04:42 AM
After reading this I lost interest -the normal Helix patch to patch change time is slow enough
So  Helix LT slower DSP mean patch to patch change time is longer , now equal to the glacial GR-55 , which explains why I do not use it live.

I haven't been able to compare it with the full Helix. It may be the same. But I was able to discern a bit of silence in between the patches.

Checking patch change lag and reverb/delay spill-over should be obligatory in all reviews of multi effect gear.

Jim Williams

you may be able to get around the patch change delay by using the "snap shot" feature. The Helix LT also has that feature.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

vxboogie

Quote from: Jim Williams on April 09, 2017, 04:31:04 AM
you may be able to get around the patch change delay by using the "snap shot" feature. The Helix LT also has that feature.
Snapshots were a game changer for me. Instant changes with a ton of parameter control, very seamless.

Also, per this comparison, the LT is using the same DSP.
http://line6.com/support/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=5051

Headless68

A bit more research and comparisons and the helix is looking more promising
Users of the AX8 seem to clip the Dsp limit (one amp only) and drop reverb - while the out of the box traditional Sounds are better, the helix with its 4 parallel possibilities ( and 23 osc capability) seems to offer more for none traditional experimentation & with 3rd party IR's can get close to Fractal / Kemper enough for it to be splitting hairs.
So, new LT or second user full Helix ?
Are the scribble strips worth it ?