Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Roland GO:MIXER  - Audio Interface / Mixer for Smartphones

2017 CES New Products from Roland

https://www.roland.com/us/categories/featured_products/

GO:MIXER
https://www.roland.com/us/products/gomixer/

PERFORM, MIX AUDIO, AND RECORD VIDEO WITH YOUR SMARTPHONE—ALL AT ONCE
Compact, portable, and easy to use, GO:MIXER makes it simple to record high-quality audio in music videos and other video content created with your smartphone. Just plug in GO:MIXER to capture a pristine stereo soundtrack* directly to your video as you perform. With multiple inputs available, you can connect a mic, musical instruments, and media players and mix them all together live while you shoot. Instead of relying on your phone's noisy mono mic or recording external audio tracks that you have to sync later in a video editor, you can now record top-quality audio in one quick and easy step. GO:MIXER is the ideal solution for adding a pro sound touch to your social media videos, helping you get more views and attract more followers!
*GO:MIXER sends a stereo audio signal its USB output. However, some Android smartphones may automatically convert the signal to mono.

[

Roland Go : Mixer Compatible phones
https://www.roland.com/global/support/by_product/gomixer/support_documents/96bcf1cc-972c-44c7-82cc-fb5413f29ccd/

admin

Go:MIXER owners manual (not very informative IMHO - nearly the worst Roland Manual ive ever seen )

https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/GOMIXER_eng01_W.pdf

https://youtu.be/nVntW-4Kfmg?list=PLIGHd270yYhUV7yKBE2O6I0Brh0tk6rYY

GO:MIXER Android app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.roland.camcorder_for_go_mixer
"Camcorder for GO:MIXER" is a video recording application for Roland Audio Mixer GO:MIXER to record your music performance in stereo sound while shooting video.

Feature
You can record a stereo audio signal from Roland Audio Mixer GO:MIXER onto your Android devices.
*Please use only Roland Audio Mixer GO:MIXER with this app.
*Some Android devices may automatically convert the stereo signal to monaural.
*The storage of the video files differs among Android devices.
*Recorded video files must be played in a separate application.

Requirements
-Port: Micro USB Type-B
-USB: Supporting USB OTG function

Please check Roland Audio Mixer GO:MIXER.
http://roland.cm/gomixer

--

GO:MIXER SMARTPHONE COMPATIBILITY
iOS
Model
Maker   Model   OS
Apple   
iPhone 7
iOS 10
iPhone 7 Plus
iPhone 6s
iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone 6
iPhone 6 Plus
iPhone SE
iPhone 5s
iPad Pro 9.7-inch
iPad Air 2
iPad Air
iPad mini 4
iPad mini 3
iPad mini 2

Apps
Camera app (when using video mode)
Voice Memos app

Android
Model
Maker   Model   OS
Samsung   
Galaxy S7 edge
Android 6.0.1
Galaxy S6
Galaxy S5
Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (SM-P580)
SONY   
Xperia Performance
Android 6.0.1
MOTOROLA   
Moto A play XT1562
Android 6.0.1
Moto G (3rd Generation)
Android 6.0
Google/HTC   
NEXUS 9
Android 6.0.1
Google/LG   
NEXUS 5 *1
Android 6.0.1
Google/MOTOROLA   
NEXUS 6 *1
Android 6.0.1
LG   
LGT31 Qua tab PX
Android 6.0.1
ASUS   
ZenPad 10 Z300CNL
Android 6.0.1
ZenPad 8.0 Z380KL
*1: Due to terminal specifications, recording is monaural.

App
Android app "Camcorder for GO:MIXER"
With Android app Camcorder for GO:MIXER, you canrecord a stereo audio signal from Roland GO:MIXER onto your Android smartphone.
* Some Android smartphones may automatically convert the stereo signal to mono.

admin

http://info.shimamura.co.jp/digital/newitem/2017/01/109424

http://info.shimamura.co.jp/digital/review/2017/02/110766

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ja&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Finfo.shimamura.co.jp%2Fdigital%2Freview%2F2017%2F02%2F110766&edit-text=

Connect with smartphone and deliver high-quality video in 30 seconds! ROLAND / GO: MIXER review ~ You can use nana too!
February. 27 Topic , Reviews Tags: iPhone & iPad , Audio Interface, History of Mt. Ueno
      Send by LINE   
Add this entry to Hatena Bookmark
The price, specifications etc. posted in the article are those at the time of the article update.

© Shimamura Music. All Rights Reserved. Prohibited use / reprint of the published content for commercial purposes.

It is a jibu of a digital advisor.

The topic is boiling! We borrowed GO: MIXER (Go Mixer) scheduled to be released in March from Roland, so we will deliver the pre-release review.

What is GO: MIXER?

It is a " palm-sized smartphone exclusive audio mixer " which enables you to record sounds of guitar, microphone, keyboard, etc. directly to smartphone.

In addition to various recording applications, it also supports input to movie applications such as smartphone standard camera functions, so you can also record at the time of movie recording with high quality.

It corresponds to both iPhone and Android.

Viewing with video GO: MIXER setting
I tried taking the setting of GO: MIXER with a movie.

We guide the setting of simplicity and check the sound quality.

Mike and Electric acoustic guitar are connected directly to GO: MIXER and shot with iPhone 6S PLUS.

Since Mike uses SHURE 's SM 58, it is a precious smartphone, so I am editing only the volume and telop in the iMovie application. No sound quality etc is touched.

Well, only volume adjustment, I wish it was a bit better .... Although it is somewhat conspicuous noise of the sound as it is raising the volume afterwards, you can see that it was able to record quite clearly.

(It was borrowed for a limited time, so please pardon it ... I keep the state of being recorded by direct connection, suppressing my desire to process noise to reduce noise ...)

So, GO: MIXER, I will explain in detail!

Three points of GO: MIXER
High sound quality of digital connection, easy setting without setting up
Just connect with a charging terminal with a single cable with a smartphone! High quality recording is possible with no pear setting.

Power supply is also supplied from the smartphone side, so you do not need to prepare batteries etc separately.

Because there are plenty of input methods, you can use it in various situations!
A maximum of five inputs can be input to the smartphone collectively with microphone input (1), guitar / base input (1), instrument input (1 in mono or stereo), and line input (2 in stereo).

Also, in addition to this, it is possible to output the sound that is being emitted by the smartphone from the headphone jack, so it is possible to monitor along with the sound being played.

(Since there is no loopback function, you can not record or distribute the sound that is being played on the smartphone and the sound of the performance together)

small!
It easily enters the soft case of the guitar and the keyboard.

Even though it's not only small, it's very "thin" and affordable (coming soon), but it is also great that you can be relieved with a solid build above the imagination.

I thought by touching the actual machine, but the size and design that make me think "Let's record!" Willingly will be wonderful.

In summary, it is the main feature of GO: MIXER that you can easily record with good sound with a set pear, and it is very compact .

Because there are plenty of input terminals, if you fully use the function, you can do all the inputs and record a band with a single copy, but it can do anything, but the way you thought rather than that exaggerated usage With the high versatility that you can record with, I think that there are many people who think that "This is the equipment for myself" is a big reason nowadays.

For more detailed specifications, please refer to here.

Recording started in 30 seconds! Acoustic playing setting realistic setting
GO: MIXER is easy to use with the setting pear on the smartphone side.

So, setting is only two, stabbing the cable, deciding the volume.

If you have just prepared the equipment, you can start recording and delivery in 30 seconds.

As an example I will show you the settings when playing Akogi.

Since the content is a blank covering with the previous video, those who watched the movie are okay to skip!

1. Connect the iPhone with the supplied cable.

(Sorry for the photo shake ...)

2. Connect with microphone and cable.

3. Connect with the guitar with a shield.

that's all!

After that, you can adjust the volume only, press the recording button or recording button of the application, you can record the performance to the smartphone.

It's too easy! Considering the adjustment of the angle of the volume and camera, we said 30 seconds, but as soon as it gets used to setting and the setting is settled it can be done in 10 seconds.

It can be used for such scenes! GO: Mixer application scene
GO: MIXER which has very high connectivity and can be used in various ways, but I will pick up some of the scenes that are used.

Recording and distributing Acoustic songs

Distribution while doing the street live as well as distribution from the room and the studio, although it takes care of the sound quality, "can do it" will be made.

Also, I suddenly thought, I tried connecting an electric aircraft to the instrument input instead of a guitar input, but I could record without problems.

That means that if you are playing with a preamp amp, you can record with two guitars connected.

It is the attraction of GO: MIXER like this, the extent of the pocket that can realize the thoughtful idea!

Recording and distribution of keyboard playing

As shown in the photo, depending on the model of the keyboard GO: MIXER and compactness possible to put on the smartphone!

We strongly support movies "I played".

If it is also a model that can be battery-driven like JUNO-DS, live delivery of street live is also possible!

Distribution of nana etc., recording with Garageband etc.

Recording using the audio interface as simple, overlay recording using the collaboration function of the distribution application side is also possible.

Especially compatibility with the music collaboration application "nana" is perfect, is not it a standard equipment in nana neighborhood?

As a precaution, when you apply an application such as Garageband or AmpliTube, you will hear the input sound without the effect from the headphones, so the effects of the electric guitar will be affected by multi-effector etc. It may be better to make sound with external equipment.

Enjoy Karaoke
GO: MIXER is a very convenient model without using the video function!

For example, if you prepare a smartphone, GO: MIXER, and a microphone, you can also use it as a minimum karaoke system.

Join the microphone, play the song with the smartphone, just sing it!

Applications of karaoke makers are also enriching, so it seems fun to use such applications.

Although it is good to be alone in your own world using headphones at home, it is also good to join the speakers and enjoy it with everyone when they gathered together, so this is a good use of GO: MIXER It is going to be!

Also, in the same way it is possible to easily create "audition tone generator for singers", it seems to be a big weapon with a difference from rivals.

Actual use image
The images so far have been created to make the setting easy to image, so it is a slightly different picture from the actual use.

If you are actually shooting a movie, for example, if you are playing a moving video, this setting will be.

By the way accessories used in this picture are also very useful.

IK Multimedia / iKlip Grip

In a nutshell, "super-versatile self-shooting stick". Adjusting height, in addition to considerable free angle adjustment, it is also a point to become a stand!

It is a strong ally video distribution that can fix smartphones and digital cameras!

KIKUTANI / KS-203

I've been waiting for this "just right" stand!

It is touched as for mini keyboard, but it is useful to put it as a stand for recording equipment like this time, to make it stand for rhythm machine or sampler, to place a capo or slide bar, and so on.

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Finally, we will inform you about Q & A method about the point that questions are likely to be about GO: MIXER.

Some of them overlap with the contents in the article, but please understand.

Q: What about supported smartphones?

A: iOS is 10 or later and Android is 6 or later.

Since I had an iOS 8.4 iPad at hand, I tried it, but I could not record it.

Let's update to the corresponding version!

Q: What about the power supply?
A: Since the power is supplied from the smartphone, it is not necessary.

Conversely, since you can not charge the smartphone while in use, please fully charge it.

Q: Can you monitor a direct monitor (listen to the input sound directly with headphones)?
A: Yes you can. Rather, the input sound and the output sound are all output from the headphone jacks.

As a precaution, when you watch an effect, such as an amp simulator application, you can hear both the effect sound and the performance sound.

Q: Can I use a condenser microphone?
A: It does not correspond.

If you want to use it absolutely, you need to connect equipment that can take phantom power in between, or prepare a condenser microphone that can have a built-in power supply.

Q: Can loopback recording be possible?
A: It does not correspond. If you want to record an existing tone generator and performance at the same time, please input it to LINE IN from a different playback device than the smartphone to be recorded.

It is a feeling that there is also a feature that it is not dared to dare because it is specialized in the whole "simple real time simultaneous recording" part. If you want to make songs carefully, want to use a condenser microphone, you need to balance the playback sound of the direct monitor and smartphone, etc., it is also recommended to use TASCAM's iXR interface and so on.

So, we delivered a pre-release review of Roland's new product, GO: MIXER!

As the most impressive thing, GO: MIXER is said to be " using and having fun! " Equipment!

Since it is unnecessary to set up and can be operated intuitively, it is very good that you do not have to think about extra things to record.

The feeling that "I will record a bit from now" is born naturally is because it is only brought about by sophisticated good equipment, GO: MIXER is a device evoked by it.

We can not wait to release GO: MIXER, but since a huge hit is anticipated, we recommend you make a reservation with your local Shimamura musical instrument before release! Reservation is about to start soon ~

Release date
Thursday, March 30, 2017

Selling price
(Tax excluded) ¥ 10,000 (tax included ¥ 10,800)
JAN Code: 4957054509798

admin

http://www.dtmstation.com/archives/51990657.html

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dtmstation.com%2Farchives%2F51990657.html

We recently introduced an article titled " GO: MIXER , a palm-sized mini mixer, " which Roland is planning to release in March. This is a mixer dedicated to smartphones that can be connected to iPhone, iPad, or even Android. Although it was very small it introduced that it is a very useful equipment as a mixer equipped with 10IN / 2OUT, but at that time I could only validate the basic part by borrowing it overnight.

But this GO: MIXER was a fun machine that feels quite possibly, so I borrowed it again and tried various ways of not using manuals or specifications. Since it is outside the manufacturer's warranty, we would like to refrain from inquiring to Roland about the content here, but since it is also a very interesting tool to use like a backwork, let's introduce its contents.

I used Roland's GO: MIXER introduced the other day in a way not in the specification, and I tried to verify whether it works or not

GO: MIXER is described as " Small Mixer for Smartphones " and is a machine that also acquired Made for iPhone / iPad certification logo. And by connecting the iPhone, iPad, Android terminal with the attached cable to the microUSB terminal, it is a pleasant place to operate with only the bus power supply from these smartphones and tablets.

But if that is the case, even if you do not have a smartphone, I tried to move it by connecting the AC adapter here, or even with a power supply from the mobile battery. In conclusion, I used it without any problem. It acts exactly as a small analog mixer of 8IN / 2OUT.

It can also operate as a standalone by connecting to the AC adapter as well as the mobile battery
Since the supplied cable can not be connected to the AC adapter, connection by using the cable used for charging the smartphone etc. This picture is a battery box that makes 2 AA batteries purchased at 80 yen in Akihabara before USB output, but you can use such a thing without problem.

And, as a DTM station I also want to try out about the connection behavior on Mac and Windows. Again, this is also a connection to standard USB, so connect with a common cable that was also used for mobile battery connection.

First of all, GO: MIXER is ostensibly, as there is no mention on the connection with PC there is no driver etc. However, if you can use it for both iOS and Android, you probably can imagine it is a USB class compliant device, so I tried connecting for the time being.

When connected to the Mac, it was displayed as a USB device and it was ready to use

First of all, from the Mac, it is perceived without any problems, it can be used for iTunes playback etc. normally and it is recognized as a CoreAudio driver, so it can be used in Cubase or Logic as well.

Since it becomes a connection with CoreAudio, it was able to be used without problems with DAW (screen is Cubase)

However, when viewed from the PC, of ​​course, it looks like 2IN / 2OUT, so you can not record eight inputs separately, it will be recorded in a mixed form. Also, since the sound input to each terminal is structured to go out as it is to the MONITOR OUT, so-called direct monitoring status. Of course, you can return the effect from the PC side, but it is inevitable for specifications to be in a double form with the direct monitoring sound.

I also tried it on Windows. Here as well, as a USB audio device, it was able to recognize without any problems, it is possible to play from iTunes, Windows Media Player, etc, and although recording is also possible, there is no dedicated driver, so the ASIO driver It is not available. I tried how far it can be in that state.

By using Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver, it also worked on Windows version of Cubase Pro 9

First of all, in Cubase , only the ASIO driver is recognized, but when installing Cubase, Steinberg's Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver is installed and this will be a bridge with MME / WASAPI So I tried this. In this case, you can use GO: MIXER for both the output port and the input port without removing the check mark of " Control only the selected port configuration by ASIO host application " and use GO: MIXER at all. As a result of setting the buffer size to the minimum 10 milliseconds, you can get enough performance.

Even with Studio One 3, using the Windows Audio driver made it possible to use it enough for practical use

How about other DAW? In the case of Studio One , it is possible to select a driver called Windows Audio besides ASIO. This seems to mean WASAPI, after choosing this, I could normally use it by selecting GO: MIXER for both input and output. There was a strong belief that it was not ASIO until now, but it is supposed to be able to use WASAPI unexpectedly too.

I was surprised a bit that WASAPI could be used even in standalone MASSIVE

Furthermore, when I tried Native Instruments' soft synth, MASSIVE stand-alone, it is also possible for him to choose WASAPI. Although it is not the occupied mode as you can see in the notation, although it is in the shared mode, it can still be used with latency of 10 msec both for input and output, so you can get enough performance. Likewise, WASAPI = Windows Audio is now available in standalone startup even with Arturia's sound source .

Even in standalone mode of Arturia's Analog Lab, it was possible to use Windows Audio settings without problems

However, one problem was SONAR . I thought that if you set SONAR to WASAPI driver, I thought it would work, but the following error occurred and I could not use it anyway.

I could not use it at all with SONAR

After all there is compatibility? Also, do you get caught on the sharing prohibition ..., if you choose GO: MIXER in the Windows sound setting, there was also that it did not work well with DAW, so it may be that the neighborhood is still outside the manufacturer's warranty .

The sampling rate of GO: MIXER seems to be fixed at 48 kHz

In addition, it was understood that the user was using the DAW while playing with the sampling rate, that GO: MIXER is a device operating at fixed 48 kHz. Although this is not information that is open to the public, if you use it in conjunction with DAW, if you understand this point and use it, it seems that you can also record and play more practically.

And lastly I tried another point, but the point is whether GO: MIXER can be used with Android smartphones, Nexus 6P purchased the other day. Yes, the cable for Android that comes with GO: MIXER is the microUSB OTG cable. However, since the latest Nexus 6P is a USB Type - C terminal, it can not be used.

I tried connecting to Nexus 6P with an adapter that converts USB A male to USB Type-C male

So the other day I bought an OTG adapter that converts USB A male to USB Type - C male in Akihabara for 300 yen and I tried connecting it with a normal microUSB - USB A cable. The result worked without problems at all. Korg's Kaossilator for Android also moved the other day, and recording on FL Studio Mobile is also perfect. Although this usage is also outside the manufacturer's warranty, it seems to be used firmly.

Recording on FL Studio Mobile is also perfect

As described above, there may be troubles because it is a usage method outside the manufacturer's warranty. But as long as I tried it with my hands, I can use it almost without problems, it's just an almighty mini mixer because it will function as an audio interface even on a standalone connection to Mac and Windows.

The release is in March, but since the actual price is about 10,000 yen, it seems to be a hit product.

Juppstein

Anyone have experience using an SM57 on the Go Mixer to record an amp? Would I need a small preamp like an iRig Pre for that mic? I want to be as mobile as possible if possible so the fewer components the better  :)

vtgearhead

Quote from: Juppstein on June 04, 2017, 10:43:23 AM
Anyone have experience using an SM57 on the Go Mixer to record an amp? Would I need a small preamp like an iRig Pre for that mic? I want to be as mobile as possible if possible so the fewer components the better  :)

It has a dedicated input for microphone level signals, so you are not likely to need a preamp. That said, I cannot find any specs that call out gain, impedance, maximum input level or even whether it is balanced or single-ended.  I would assume single-ended and suggest wiring as:

XLR      1/4" Mono
1          Gnd
2          Tip
3          Gnd

Hurricane

:D

Do I understand this correctly ?

From my T.C. Helicon VL3X's XLR Right & Left Out Puts :

• Aux (stereo GR33 ) into Roland GO:MIXER from VL3X XLR's
  • Low Hz mic & guitars/bullet mic w/FX From VL3X XLR's into Roland GO:MIXER
  • High HZ or Low HZ mic - no FX into Roland GO:MIXER
  • And still have an un used input(s) into Roland GO:MIXER

• And record the video with the audio mix from my T.C.H. VL3X  into my Iphone data input port ?
  • Is this what I am understanding ?
  • Live one shot go for it video recording with total aux , guitar & vocal FX for a C note ?

Somethings wrong
    • this can't be that easy - -
      is it ?  ???
    HR

Hurricane

Quote from: Juppstein on June 04, 2017, 10:43:23 AM

Exactly   8) - Minimalist Mindset Machinations is/are where it's at !

I was looking for this type of set up and wondered if one was to be had
at a  reasonable price - This is way tooo cooooool .

I'm down - what I have seen with the  available stuff , this just really took
down the competition , not to knock or bash any of them .

No bells or whistles on it but there is an apparent market like myself and
others who's equipment needs only a clean simple interface to unleash the
beast in them and their HD cutting edge minimalist gear !

On your Irig pre - maybe a third party app can mix this into the ipone since
this Roland Go:Mixer uses the data port .

You shouldn't have an issue going into the Roland with the 57 with the correct wiring
to a 1/4 plug - snhirsch's post shows a way :)

EZ :

HR

jassy

Quote from: Hurricane on June 04, 2017, 03:04:32 PM
:D

Do I understand this correctly ?

From my T.C. Helicon VL3X's XLR Right & Left Out Puts :

• Aux (stereo GR33 ) into Roland GO:MIXER from VL3X XLR's
  • Low Hz mic & guitars/bullet mic w/FX From VL3X XLR's into Roland GO:MIXER
  • High HZ or Low HZ mic - no FX into Roland GO:MIXER
  • And still have an un used input(s) into Roland GO:MIXER

• And record the video with the audio mix from my T.C.H. VL3X  into my Iphone data input port ?
  • Is this what I am understanding ?
  • Live one shot go for it video recording with total aux , guitar & vocal FX for a C note ?
Im not sure if I understand your needs, or this unit, but if you have a much better way to mix all your signals inside the VL3X (I dont now it first hand but I assume it can and apply differents effects, etc) why you would need to send it separately to the Go:mixer?
Anyway you cant record the 8 signals separately  (it sums it to stereo before sending the audio signal via usb to the IOS or other devices)

jassy

Not much information about it yet, but it seems to have some shortcomings:
Its only able to record at 16 bit, which is a downside compared to other IOS interfaces which would record at 24 bit (better dynamic range).
Also as said before (at first I thought it was able to record 8 tracks and that would have been awesome) but after some reading it seems to record only in stereo.
Also seems to be very limited for use in IOS DAW apps because it cant overdub:
QuoteEveryone needs to be aware that you CANNOT overdub in a DAW or looper app with this hardware. ALL audio passing through it, including audio coming from an App, gets passed through to the recorded track. That means that if you want to add a track, whatever you play is going to have the backing track in the signal.

admin

It's just a basic mixer interface for IOS /Android

16 bits relegates the Go:MIX to the  no interest  bin

I have one - it did not work with any  IOS guitar amp apps

Hurricane

Quote from: jassy on June 04, 2017, 04:50:13 PM
Im not sure if I understand your needs, or this unit, but if you have a much better way to mix all your signals inside the VL3X (I dont now it first hand but I assume it can and apply differents effects, etc) why you would need to send it separately to the Go:mixer?
Anyway you cant record the 8 signals separately  (it sums it to stereo before sending the audio signal via usb to the IOS or other devices)

??? Why ?

To answer your question can my VL3X do all THAT FX processing at once and output it  in
analog stereo to the GO:MIXER and then to a data stream to a smart phone . . . . .

- What I  saw / hear sez so - I'm researching this seriously to  see if it's so  8) .

To have all those FX I want in the vocal -acoustic guitars/ukulele  - electric guitar  - midi guitar and or Blues harp being
video recorded/looped on my iphone with full  stereo audio FX was going to  be a lot more complicated ($'s ) till I saw this .
This for just live solo show applications is so cool even with out shooting a video as I see it .

This will appeal to many it has got my attention .This Roland GO:MIXER appears it can do it all in one shot .

The proof of one's ability on a one take recorded session is something cool to be able to do . I have been in a few
" ONE  Take " studio sessions and it feels good , the results when done right are stellar .

I'm chasing this on my own terms solo , this make's it more than easy ,  no video editing software/studio
time or $'s spent on a music video shoot with full FX  .

I like the FX in the VL3X for mics and guitars - it's a no brainer to me . It makes all this
accessible to the masses @ 100.00 who have a smart phone and good gear . Add talent to this mix :)

I know you have seen music videos made by soloists with an iphone/andriod that are really good , this is cool .
I have an Irig Pro and it does a lot off cool stuff but this goes it another level higher for lower $'s  . Most of
those iphone/andriod music videos were done as demos primarily of which I referred of that had a secondary
result of going viral on occasion .

This is a great cheap application for this . Many places  require a video of your performance to get a gig ,
that's all a god musician needs , an even break , if my/their talent doesn't cut it , it time to hang it up .     

Simple one take solo video is the point - nothing  further to do but edit the entry and exit point of the video with a super audio
in stereo done in the phone and ready to upload anywhere you happen to be .

I have friends doing this already , I'm trying to get it as small as I can down sizing , this might work , if not well ... next ......

EZ :

HR

Hurricane

Quote from: admsustainiac on June 04, 2017, 05:46:47 PM
It's just a basic mixer interface for IOS /Android

16 bits relegates the Go:MIX to the  no interest  bin

I have one - it did not work with any  IOS guitar amp apps

Yeah - that's what it is a simple easy access as I see so far .
Did you , or were you able to record anything with it ?

If so how was the audio quality  S/N - THD %'s points ?

Thanks for the input .

EZ :

HR

Hurricane

Elantric

It's just ok as a recording interface

My 24 bit Focusrite interfaces are superior

But GO:Mix is completely incompatible with JamUp Pro, BIAS, Yonac ToneStack , GarageBand for real time IOS guitar Amp Modeling

If you need a small format mixer that does everything

Look at KMI kmix

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=17120.msg149341#msg149341

For the most comprehensive list of IOS compatible multichannel interfaces go here

http://auriaapp.com/Support/auria-audio-interfaces

Juppstein

The KMix might be better but it is WAY over my budget. As good as it might be, that is too much dough for amateur home use  ;)

jassy

Quote from: Hurricane on June 04, 2017, 09:22:00 PM
??? Why ?

To answer your question can my VL3X do all THAT FX processing at once and output it  in
analog stereo to the GO:MIXER and then to a data stream to a smart phone . . . . .

Ok I understand.

Hurricane

Quote from: Elantric on June 05, 2017, 07:21:54 AM

But GO:Mix is completely incompatible with JamUp Pro, BIAS, Yonac ToneStack , GarageBand for real time IOS guitar Amp Modeling

Look at KMI kmix

For the most comprehensive list of IOS compatible multichannel interfaces go here

No doubt about the superior functions of the stuff you use .

The Kmix was what I was thinking on but I just can't see the price on it for what it does .

Not a diss - I like it , it is very good .

But for a C note and you have demos - I can see that .

To be honest DAW's like GB and the like I don't seem to be able to get [ INTO ] groove wise - I feel sterilized .
And I'm not knocking them at all . What I can wrangle out of the VL3X's acoustic/electric guitar sounds/FX/models
are good enough for me and it's a fast turn around - I like that in hardware .

All my best recordings in sessions with people who like what I do on harp taught me one thing about guys like me and
recording - the longer you labor at it the more it looks and sounds " [ WORKED  OVER ] " , my best performances are the live
first coupe of takes . A lot of the guy ( recording artists with actual hits ) I recorded with pretty much were the same , but ,
producers and engineers were not like that mostly if they were not real musicians first and foremost .

Down the line maybe I spring for something better - it always a tendency to realize , but for now - maybe the low ball
approach is where I may be heading .

16 bit isn't like going [ cassetteville ] heh heh heh . Just listening to that last video of the keyboard man work shows it's quite
beautiful @ 16 bits . I spent the night searching out people who used this - not big time performers but big hearted & talented
using this to a very high degree of success - that was cool listening to people's works from all over the world finding a great
sounding solution at a super affordable price .

Here's to the shrinking of HD technology & it's previously prohibitive cost 8)

EZ :

HR

admin

If low cost  is what you need

i get better results with this NUX PMX-2U

$69
https://www.ebay.com/i/201874305485?chn=ps&dispItem=1

http://www.nuxefx.com/show-9-241-1.html

6 Inputs & 2 Outputs
192 kHz/24Bit USB Audio Interface.
Each Input has independent peak LED light
Master input level control
Master volume indicator
Gain control for channel 1/2 and 3/4.

manual
http://www.nuxefx.com/uploadfile/2016/0708/PMX-2U_Manual_EN_V1.pdf

Hurricane

Quote from: admsustainiac on June 05, 2017, 03:00:47 PM
If low cost  is what you need

i get better results with this NUX PMX-2U

$69
https://www.ebay.com/i/201874305485?chn=ps&dispItem=1

http://www.nuxefx.com/show-9-241-1.html

6 Inputs & 2 Outputs
192 kHz/24Bit USB Audio Interface.
Each Input has independent peak LED light
Master input level control
Master volume indicator
Gain control for channel 1/2 and 3/4.

manual
http://www.nuxefx.com/uploadfile/2016/0708/PMX-2U_Manual_EN_V1.pdf

Dos this have the ability to go into my iphone like the BOSS GO:MIXER to record
video w/full stereo audio FX ?

Looks nice .

Read your message - sounds reasonable , if I don't think something like this will work
I'll be in touch . Thanks .

EZ :

HR

BuleriaChk

After much waste of time and effort, I found that the charging cable for my Bluetooth headphone had the right pair of connectors - USB Male to USB Micro Male.  I couldn't find anything on Amazon or Ebay that seemed to be that combination of adapter.  But it does work with the Camera Connection kit, so it keeps the iPhone/Ipad charged while using it.

That said, if anyone finds a different compatible cable, I'd like to know about it...

Update: Found it (I think)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017JY5FE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Luckily I found a couple more cables with the right configuration so don't need the one from Amazon.  Go mixer is working fine, powered through the camera connection to 5-v charging hub and the USB-Micro to the GO-mixer.

I think, anyway..

admin

But Roland GO:MIXER is completely incompatible with JamUp Pro, BIAS, Yonac ToneStack , GarageBand for real time IOS guitar Amp Modeling

Why?

Because on Roland GO:MIXER you can NOT disable the Dry Guitar audio in the headphones
https://www.amazon.com/Roland-GOMIXER-Audio-Mixer-Smartphones/dp/B01MYC4DVP

https://www.roland.com/us/support/knowledge_base/?product=GO+Mixer
https://www.roland.com/us/support/by_product/gomixer/support_documents/6a7891c1-5557-4bb2-81c7-6d62e1d30df3/

Also

Look at KMI kmix

https://www.amazon.com/Roland-GOMIXER-Audio-Mixer-Smartphones/product-reviews/B01MYC4DVP/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_show_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews
QuoteTHE UGLY
One of the things that I was hoping to be able to accomplish with the Go:Mixer was to be able to run a guitar through something like Amplitube, run those effects in the background and then record my video with the effects from the app. Other apps do recognize the Go:Mixer, but I have consistently gotten uncontrollable feedback. Although the Go:Mixer was not designed for this purpose, it would have been an added bonus if it worked. For this reason, I did not deduct a star.

admin

https://www.roland.com/us/support/by_product/gomixer/support_documents/6a7891c1-5557-4bb2-81c7-6d62e1d30df3/

GO:MIXER FAQ
Q:Which smartphones are compatible with GO:MIXER?
A:
Android smartphones and iPhones which meet following requirements:
- Android device: Micro USB type-B port, USB-OTG function supported, Android OS 6.0
- iOS device: Lightning port, iOS 10
For the specific models, please refer to the following URL.
GO:MIXER Smartphone Compatibility

Q:Which Android smartphones support USB-OTG function specifically?
A:
Please consult the manufacturers of the Android device.
* Regarding USB-OTG
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB_On-The-Go

Q:Which apps can be used for recording audio via GO:MIXER?
A:
Standard apps which come with the OS for recording video and audio (please refer to the following URL).
Not all apps are warranted for full function with GO:MIXER.
* It is not possible to monitor existing tracks through GO:MIXER while recording a new performance.
GO:MIXER Smartphone Compatibility

Q:What is the CENTER CANCEL function at LINE IN 1 input?
A:
If you connect an audio player to LINE IN 1 input and play back music with the CENTER CANCEL switch set to ON, the audio elements located at the center of the stereo audio mix such as lead vocal and guitar solo can be minimized. This is useful for karaoke, guitar practice, etc. (Some audio elements may not be cancelled clearly depending on how they are mixed in the original recording.)

Q:What type of microphone can be used?
A:
Dynamic microphone with 1/4 inch phone plug.
Condenser microphones requiring phantom power or plug-in power supply are not supported. Self battery-powered condenser microphones may work.

Q:On GO:MIXER, can I mix my singing/playing with the playback from the smartphone connected to GO:MIXER via USB, and record them into the smartphone via USB at the same time?
A:
No.

Q:Can I connect electro-acoustic guitar or electric bass directly to GO:MIXER?
A:
Yes. The GUITAR/BASS input is designed for high-impedance signals, such as those from string instruments equipped with a pickup.

Q:Can I use any USB cable in the market?
A:
No. Please use the USB cable bundled with GO:MIXER.

Q:Can I use the USB cable bundled with GO:MIXER for other devices?
A:
We only warrant the included USB cable for use with GO:MIXER.

Q:I mixed my performance on GO:MIXER and recorded to the smartphone via USB, then played back the result on the smartphone and checked via MONITOR OUT on GO:MIXER, but the volume is lower than when I recorded.
A:
The difference between performance volume on GO:MIXER and playback volume from smartphone is normal. This is not a malfunction of GO:MIXER. Please adjust the MASTER OUT knob for the appropriate volume for monitoring.

Q:Noise is generated on the input signal from MIC input.
A:
Noise may be generated if the MIC volume knob is turned up. It may be improved by singing/playing closer to the microphone or using a microphone with better sensitivity and adjusting the MIC knob to a lower level.

Q:Noise is generated.
A:
If a microphone or guitar/bass is not connected to GO:MIXER, turn the knobs of MIC or GUITAR/BASS down to minimum level.

Q:PEAK indicator keeps turning on when recording. Is the level set correctly?
A:
If the PEAK indicator light, the level is too high. Use the knobs to adjust the levels of MIC, GUITAR/BASS and INSTRUMENT so that the PEAK indicator illuminates only at the moment you play/sing at the maximum volume.

Q:Sound quality of the vocal or other instruments played from the device connected to LINE 1 input on GO:MIXER is strange or cannot be heard well.
A:
Please make sure the CENTER CANCEL switch at LINE 1 input is OFF.

BuleriaChk

Quote from: admsustainiac on January 15, 2018, 10:26:08 AM
But Roland GO:MIXER is completely incompatible with JamUp Pro, BIAS, Yonac ToneStack , GarageBand for real time IOS guitar Amp Modeling

Why?

Because on Roland GO:MIXER you can NOT disable the Dry Guitar audio in the headphones
https://www.amazon.com/Roland-GOMIXER-Audio-Mixer-Smartphones/dp/B01MYC4DVP

https://www.roland.com/us/support/knowledge_base/?product=GO+Mixer

For guitar, I tried using an iRig HD Pro, with headphone output going into the Line In of the Mixer.  Seemed to work OK with software modelers...

Elantric

Quote from: BuleriaChk on January 15, 2018, 02:08:52 PM
For guitar, I tried using an iRig HD Pro, with headphone output going into the Line In of the Mixer.  Seemed to work OK with software modelers...

Yes - those work well
Others listed here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=212.0