Katana -Boss Katana firmware update wish list - Submit your Ideas.

Started by Elantric, March 11, 2017, 11:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gustavz

because the .tsl files for patches from the new MKII amps is the same format as from the MKI amps, they should be made useable for the MKI amps too. It's dull importing Patches and the amp stays quiet.
This maybe more a job for the developers of the BTS.

gumtown

Quote from: gustavz on December 06, 2019, 04:10:41 AM
because the .tsl files for patches from the new MKII amps is the same format as from the MKI amps, they should be made useable for the MKI amps too. It's dull importing Patches and the amp stays quiet.
This maybe more a job for the developers of the BTS.

The *.tsl files internal format is very different between the mk1 and mk2.

If you want mk2 patches to open and work in the mk1, then use the latest versionbof Katana FxFloorBoatd for mk1.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Vintenar

Backup banks in the Librarian software should be loaded in the background so that when you click on the Librarian button they are already loaded.

sikejsudjek

Dear Boss - please add a long press on the tap button of the ga-fc to switch the fx pedal on or off. On version 4 there appears no way to switch it. At least on version 3 you could use the fx button. Please also add midi cc control for the fx pedal switching.

mapletop

id like to see where if you work on a patch you have in studio when you saved your work you wouldnt have to save it to a preset.it would just save where you worked on it

gumtown

Quote from: mapletop on October 10, 2020, 08:19:44 PM
id like to see where if you work on a patch you have in studio when you saved your work you wouldnt have to save it to a preset.it would just save where you worked on it

You can do that with the Katana FxFloorBoard editor

https://sourceforge.net/projects/fxfloorboard/files/KatanaFxFloorBoard/
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

fatjackdurham

I'd like to see an effective USB output level increase to solve the problem of low recording levels on a Mac when using USB. I don't know if its the same on Windows.

jodlarji

For recording via USB you have to increase "DRY OUT" or "EFFECT OUT" level (SYSTEM / USB), depending on which output you're using...

sikejsudjek

Couple of things I'd like added would be stereo DI out - maybe use the effects loop out as one channel with speaker emulation (if its even possible !), and line out the other with optional speaker output. Would be nice if I could plug this into my stereo pa.
Also model the Boss Dimension pedal. That's great for stereo fx.

isoneedacoffee

I'd like to have the option to disable the "cab resonance" altogether.

All cabs have resonances, and all speakers have certain quirks. It's hard to hear the Katana head through a certain cab in its purest form because a cab resonance is always applied. It bugs me that the amp is applying a certain logorithm or eq curve(s) to a signal to simulate for instance a vintage cab with greenbacks .... yet what if I have the head and have it plugged already into such a cab? It's annoying to think that this cannot be disabled.

stone3h4

I really want Boss to add the delay2 to the MOD or FX menu so i can use both delays and keep the dedicated reverb switch on my GAFCex pedal. It would give me the option to setup 2 delays at different speeds which i love but want to keep my reverb seperate. This would give me the option to have my lead tone with both delays stacked and then switch to my rhythm tone with reverb and not having my delay2 still on.
Could be a simple firmware update just add a delay in either MOD of FX menu as shown in pics