Katana - @mo cleans

Started by @mo, January 08, 2017, 06:46:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@mo

Hi there,

here is a collection of clean presets I build, hope you enjoy.

I build this patches for my nocaster with amber-pickups, expecially for the neck-pu, since I am playing it most of the time. (The Amber-Neck has a very Strat-like character which I really like).
My goal was to get a crystalclear and defined sound at the edge of breakup.
The base of all sounds is the clean channel with a treble booster and I designed the patches at the 0.5-watt setting with the master-volume set to 100.
For reference I included a patch for the clean-channel with no booster set to unity-gain and all controls at 50, so I (and now you) could easily compare the base sound with the adjusted sound.

The Liveset contains 5 presets:

01 Clean Base / all set to 50 with a bit of mod-reverb
02 The Jangle / Basic modified clean with a bit of mod-reverb
03 Tape Jangle / Same as 02 with Tape Delay
04 Comp Jangle / Modified 02 with a compressor (in front of the preamp, but after the treble booster - unfortunately you can't put the compressor at the beginning of the chain...)
05 S->H Jangle / recently found the "guitar sim", which is a powerful tool for shaping your sound in a different way. In this patch I simply used the "singlecoil to humbucker" - mode.

Please note: Your guitar sounds different! Take this presets as an idea and adjust to your environment.

Have fun,

@mo

Unadan

Did you use any of the EQ features in the TS when creating these?

Beanow

Quote from: @mo on January 08, 2017, 06:46:09 AM
unfortunately you can't put the compressor at the beginning of the chain.

With the floorboard https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=20625.0 you can :]