Any Boss GT-PRO Users?

Started by Kenni, June 17, 2016, 01:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenni

Hi there :-)

Anyone still using the great GT-PRO Rack Effect?

I've had mine for a couple of years now, and I really like it a lot.
I recently started programming it, and plan on using it with my band soon - also for live gigs!

The GT-PRO has a great "vintage" sound and I've found some good sounds for the type of music I play - mainly cover/party music.

I'm planning on using the GT-PRO for amps and effects, so I have a light setup on stage.
I've tried a lot of the amp models the GT-PRO has to offer, and overall I think they're good, and you can easily tweak out a good amp sound.
Especially the Vox Clean/Vox Drive and Blues amp(s).

What's your opinion on the GT-PRO and how do you use it/set it up?

:-)

Elantric

GT-Pro is a powerful tool
Download the PDF docs here in this thread to get the most from it
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=88.0

Shingles

Quote from: Kenni on June 17, 2016, 01:45:47 PM
Hi there :-)

Anyone still using the great GT-PRO Rack Effect?

I've had mine for a couple of years now, and I really like it a lot.
I recently started programming it, and plan on using it with my band soon - also for live gigs!

The GT-PRO has a great "vintage" sound and I've found some good sounds for the type of music I play - mainly cover/party music.

I'm planning on using the GT-PRO for amps and effects, so I have a light setup on stage.
I've tried a lot of the amp models the GT-PRO has to offer, and overall I think they're good, and you can easily tweak out a good amp sound.
Especially the Vox Clean/Vox Drive and Blues amp(s).

What's your opinion on the GT-PRO and how do you use it/set it up?

:-)

Hi.
I got a GT-Pro just a couple of months ago. I owned the old orange GX-700 back in the day and gigged with a GT-6. The Pro seems like an evolution of those.

I've come close to getting a VG so many times. They have a lot of great fun features and I could spend hours tweaking and playing, but they have much that I don't need to advance my music. I don't need to emulate guitars that I don't have. I use an Axon AX100 for guitar-to-MIDI. I have various 13-pin and 1/4 inch synths that I haven't really scratched the surface of yet.

Most of all I can use my old ADA Ampulator in a loop after the COSM amp models and that just sounds and feels so good.

Nik
--------------------------------
Tonelab, VG99, Axon AX100, EDP, Repeater
Godin, PRS, Crafter and Roland guitars
Center Point Stereo Spacestation V3

stratrat

I think I've owned three or four through the years - I kept on selling them to upgrade, then missed one of the things that only the Boss units can do (slicer, stepped phaser, etc.). Usually use them on the piezo side of my three voice guitars. Don't have one currently, but know them backwards.

As with the GT-8 (that it basically is), the amp and speaker sims aren't it's strong suit. Usable (and a step up from the GX-700), but even the POD Pro and POD 2 were a step up amp sim wise. The FX chaining and the tweakability (as with most Boss MFX) are as good as it gets though. Overall, I always thought the A/D and D/A converters didn't do the sound any favours (especially in the FX loop), so I usually ended up replacing it with a TC Electronic G-System or G-Major II for the improved sound quality. Then I missed the ability to change FX order or the slicer or stepped phaser and I'd get a GT-Pro and the whole cycle would repeat again.