IK Multimedia IRig Pro DUO STEREO AUDIO/ MIDI Interface

Started by Elantric, October 26, 2015, 04:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1182299-REG/ik_multimedia_ip_irig_produo_in_irig_pro_universal_audio.html

IK Multimedia, the leader in mobile music creation technology, is pleased to announce iRig® Pro DUO, the first truly mobile high-definition dual-channel mobile audio and MIDI interface for iPhone/iPad, Mac/PC and Android devices. The smallest fully-featured dual-channel interface, iRig Pro DUO finally frees musicians to create inspired music on the go with studio-quality audio and a whole suite of features found in interfaces costing three times the price. Designed and made in Italy, it comes fully loaded with everything musicians and producers need to record on the move.
iRig Pro DUO features two XLR/TRS combo audio input jacks with gain controls and phantom power, ultra-low noise/high-headroom preamps, high end 24-bit AD/DA converters, MIDI IN/OUT jacks for connecting controllers and other MIDI devices, a stereo pair of TRS balanced output jacks and a headphone out with level control. To top it all off, it's also truly self-powered via 2 AA batteries and comes with an array of additional powering options. No other studio-quality audio interface offers this level of portability at such an affordable price. And, most remarkably, it manages to fit all of these features (and more) into an extremely compact enclosure that fits easily into the palm of a hand. With iRig Pro DUO, true mobility for portable simultaneous 2-channel recording and processing has finally arrived for everyone.
True mobility
What makes iRig Pro DUO stand out in the crowded interface market is its remarkable level of portability and professional audio quality. Designed to fit recording studio specifications into a travel-ready enclosure, it is the smallest fully-featured dual-channel interface available. Its compact size and multitude of powering options make it ideally suited for use while on the move - for true "off the grid" performance, iRig Pro DUO can be powered by 2 AA batteries (included). Plus, iRig Pro DUO can be powered via USB for Mac/PC or via an optional wall power adapter. This means that it's ideal for use everywhere: on the road, at a gig, in the studio and anywhere in between. It's a perfectly portable self-contained mobile studio solution for the musician or producer who wants the utmost in recording quality and versatility.
iRig Pro DUO is the most compact dual-channel interface available. Measuring just 130 x 75 x 38 mm, it fits easily into a gig bag, laptop bag, pocket or the palm of a hand.
True pro quality
iRig Pro DUO's high-grade analog circuitry and no compromise power supply design provide studio-quality sound on the go. Its dual XLR/TRS audio input jacks can be used to plug in guitars, basses, keyboards, line-level instruments and microphones to capture pristine and transparent 24-bit audio on the go. Players can record two channels of audio simultaneously using two instruments, two studio microphones or any combination of instruments they desire. It's perfect for singer/songwriters, guitar and bass jammers, duet singers and more - the possibilities are infinite. MIDI controllers and instruments can be connected with ease thanks to iRig Pro DUO's MIDI IN/OUT jacks. All the required cables for connecting MIDI hardware are included (TRS to MIDI-DIN).
With its dual inputs, musicians can make multi-track recordings on the fly. iRig Pro DUO can accommodate high-end phantom powered condenser microphones - 48V phantom power is available with the flip of a switch. Sound can be conveniently monitored with zero latency via either its 2 balanced TRS outputs or its headphone out jack with onboard level control.
Superior output
iRig Pro DUO's high-quality balanced outputs can easily drive any kind of input. They deliver a stunningly clear audio signal thanks to its exceptional output drivers. The totally floating design of iRig Pro DUO's balanced outputs protect it from potential ground loop issues and buzz when performing onstage with iOS devices or laptops. This superior design makes it the ideal audio interface for live performing musicians that want to connect their gear directly to the stage audio system without having to use any special cables or problematic DI Boxes.
True studio sound
When it comes to recording interfaces, they're really only as good as they sound - and iRig Pro DUO sounds absolutely fantastic. This is due to world class AD/DA conversion, no compromise analog stages, superior power supply, ultra-low noise and high-headroom preamps and professional balanced audio outputs. Simply put, iRig Pro DUO lets musicians and producers make great sounding recordings with all the musical subtlety and nuance of a pro studio interface, but in an extremely mobile form-factor.
Truly loaded with apps
iRig Pro DUO also comes with over $/€450 worth of useful apps and software from IK Multimedia that allow it to work right out of the box. These include powerful tools like AmpliTube® Metal, SampleTank® SE and T-RackS® Classic for Mac and PC as well as a full complement of recording and processing apps for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices. iRig Pro DUO is loaded with everything needed to fuel creativity and enhance productivity. For the complete list of included software and apps, please visit http://www.irigproduo.com/apps.
iRig Pro DUO is also fully compatible with a wide variety of third party apps and software, like Cubasis, ProStudio Vocal FX, MultiTrack DAW, Samsung Soundcamp and more. It's also compatible with Apple's GarageBand and Logic Pro X apps, and iOS Voice Memos and more.
Pricing and availability
iRig Pro DUO is now shipping and will be available from music and electronics retailers worldwide, and from the IK online store, for only $/€199.99 (excluding taxes).
For more information, please visit http://www.irigproduo.com
To see iRig Pro DUO in action, please go to http://www.irigproduo.com/videos
For a complete list of included software and apps, please visit http://www.irigproduo.com/apps

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=zh-CN&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.midifan.com%2Fmodulenews-detailview-21586.htm&edit-text=

whippinpost91850

looks very interesting.. too bad it wasn't out awhile ago. Before I bought the Line6. I already have a iRig Pro

SLICK

Yup interesting alright.
Big advantage over the irig pro is that it has 1/4 outs.
I always feel like anything connected to the iPad/iphone headphone out is going to be non optimal and prone to failures (ie having the connector accidentally removed) for live use.

I still think that we are waiting for the perfect rugged solution for line applications.

Ideally an integrated foot Controller audio interface.
Then it's just 1 cable to your iPad with the audio in out connecting to the floor board.

Now if only the could include an fx loop I'd buy and swap to Ipad for live use as the app tones are more than good enough.
Parker fly deluxe,
Roland GR-55,
Laney LC30II

Elantric

QuoteIdeally an integrated foot Controller audio interface.
Then it's just 1 cable to your iPad with the audio in out connecting to the floor board.

The Sonoma Wireworks Guitar Jack Stage has been in development and listed as "available soon"  for over two years

I suspect they are chasing the Apple mFI certification "jumping through hoops process ( which truly will kill most  hardware  - witness the death of the Griffin StudioConnectHD)
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GtrJackStage

gscroggin

Well lookey here what showed up today  ;D

Very excited to try it out and report back!

admin

To get iRig HD and/or iRig PRO working on Windows you need to download a 3rd party driver called ASIO4ALL. Although it is a 3rd party driver, we have tested it in several Windows configurations with good results. This 3rd party driver allows you to select different input and output sources, which is needed since iRig PRO does not offer an output.

Please follow these steps to setup your device on Windows. Please note that there are interfaces that may not work properly with the below steps:

1. Download ASIO4ALL v2 here:  http://www.asio4all.com/

2. Install ASIO4ALL.exe

3. Launch AmpliTube 3 or your DAW

4. In AmpliTube 3, click on Settings > Audio/MID Setup. Select ASIO driver, then choose ASIO4ALL v.2 driver as the Input device.

5. Click to view the 'Panel'

6. You are now viewing the ASIO4ALL Panel, click the 'wrench' icon in lower right corner, a red 'X" will appear over it. This is necessary for you to select multiple interfaces for use. You will see various devices listed under the WDM Device List.

Click the enable/power button on both the iRig PRO and your other interface that you will be listening to the output from. See image.

7. Once the above is set, view your AmpliTube 3 Settings > Audio/MIDI Settings window once again. Under Input channels, you can now view and select iRig PRO as your input.

Under Output channels, make sure your interface you are monitoring from is selected.

Note:  Do NOT enable the 'Hardware Buffer' under Options in the ASIO4ALL panel, as this causes poor performance.

You are now ready to play!

Elantric

Ive spent more time with the IRig Pro DUO  - (anyone want to buy it?

Sadly its usability for our needs as interface for IOS Amp Modeling ( BIAS, Tonestack, Jamup pro, etc) is crippled as IRig Pro DUO renders more hiss and noise during use with most IOS Amp Modeling apps.

Franky IRig Pro DUO'a Audio perfomance is underwhelming compared to my other IOS Audio interfaces
I  believe its due to the IRig Pro DUO's really poor DAC  output circuit and noisy Headphone Amp
Adds up to a very disappointing experience when used with PG BIAS, Yonac Tobestack or Amplitube 

There remain better performing audio interfaces for IOS devices  - like the older iRig PRO

I still recommend the the older iRig PRO which offers a superior audio experience using the iPads built in internal 24 bit DAC Headphone Output.

If you need stereo inputs
Focusrite iTrack DOCK works much better for a live gig IOS rig where a clean 24 bit A/D - D/A Stereo TRS Balanced Output is required.   

Even the Roland Duo Capture EX is superior to the IK iRig Pro DUO.
and of course Apogee Duet

sloblue

i just got the irig pro and blueboard bundle.  iPad pro is on the way  :)

nervoteso

i have problem with irig duo, when i use with iPad pro 9.7", it crashes every 10 seconds, it loses connection with ipad and restart. any solution? maybe should i use duo with own power supply?

Elantric

In my own tests the iRig PRO DUO works with my iPad Mini ( 1st gen) , iPad AIR, iPad AIR2, iPad PRO 12.9"

Quotei have problem with irig duo, when i use with iPad pro 9.7", it crashes every 10 seconds,

If it were me Id head my local Apple Store and have them test and check your iPad PRO 9.7" for faults.

scrufy

I know, bumping an old thread but wanted to also warn off anyone looking for one of these.
I bought one off Amazon, came used, scratched up, and batteries in it with all the plastic off. (I know- amazon issue not IK) Sent back. New one came, sounded terrible compared to my very old line 6. Every app it brags about coming with is just a single or couple items(pedals, amp...) and its just a nickel and dime feet to get you to buy more with each pedal or amp costing an additional 3 - 5 bucks. HATE this crap bait and switch type marketing and while I don't mind buying something I expect to get what it appears to be and I would have returned for refund on that alone but it sounded like crap anyway so no brained.... returned.

Cups

I just bought the new new Duo I/O. Haven't received it yet but I sure hope the bugs are fixed