Boss Tone Studio / Tone Central (*.tsl) Live Set File Locations

Started by cjb, July 15, 2015, 05:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cjb

<This is a re-edited version>

If you want to access the Live Sets without having the GT-100, you can download the GT-100 Boss Tone Central app, and connect to ToneCloud.
The software will automatically cache the TSL livesets in

/Users/<USERNAME>/Application Data/BOSS-TONE-STUDIO-for-GT/Local Store/livesets

At least this is for Windows. Hope that helps ;)

cjb

Quote from:  Elantric
But you are forgetting that GT-100 Boss Tone Central access is 100% dependent on  Boss Tone Studio app , that does nothing without the hardware present.
BTS does not even launch after you try to run the program regardless of platform (WIN/OSX)

Go ahead and try. 

Actually it does, that is how I could get all the TSL files for all live sets.
I don't own a GT-100, but installed the Boss Tone Studio GT-100 software. It starts though I cannot edit the patches, but I can however access the BTS library.

If there are no copyright issues/etc, I can upload the patches, I have them all in a single zip file.

Elantric

Thanks - I just re-downloaded the latest BTS - and yes I can now connect to the Boss Tone Central (never worked before )

But you still can not open the BTS Editor without the Hardware

cjb

Great :)

yes, so if you access Tone Central, it will automatically cache the TSL files in the folder I mentioned above.

Elantric

On  Windows 7 (64)  - cant locate this at all:

gumtown

Quote from: Elantric on July 15, 2015, 04:36:29 PM
On  Windows 7 (64)  - cant locate this at all:

It's there for me (might need to view hidden files/folders) on Windows 7 - 64

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\BOSS-TONE-STUDIO-for-GT\Local Store\livesets
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Elantric

QuoteIt's there for me (might need to view hidden files/folders) on Windows 7 - 64

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\BOSS-TONE-STUDIO-for-GT\Local Store\livesets

I'm using a machine which has never had any Boss Hardware connected  - never had the Boss USB driver installed.

But I have launched BTS, connected to Boss Tone Central and downloaded a few Livesets ( in theory as I never see any status indicator on a successful download of any *.TSL file. But if I launch the BTS Librarian I see all the patches I downloaded  there, but the Boss Tone Studio has built in Abstraction which removes access to TSL files without the Editor, which never runs without hardware being present.

Only place I can locate anything related is here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\BOSS TONE STUDIO for GT

or

C:\Program Files (x86)\BOSS TONE STUDIO for SY-300

Nothing related to "Local Store\livesets" - and I have launched with full administrator rights and have Folder options set to "Show Hidden Files"

I never see these file locations   

"C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\BOSS-TONE-STUDIO-for-GT\Local Store\livesets"

gumtown

I don't have the SY-300 yet, but do have the SY-300 live sets

C:\Users\yourUserName\AppData\Roaming\BOSS-TONE-STUDIO-for-SY-300\Local Store\livesets
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Elantric

Elantric

Retried on one of my other Windows 64 machines - an  HP HDX18i Laptop - After Installing BTS for SY-300,and connecting to Boss Tone Central , and click "Add" on the Livesets 

-  then this time I located the *.TSL files here

C:\Users\Steve.Steve-HP_HDX18t\AppData\Roaming\BOSS-TONE-STUDIO-for-SY-300\Local Store\liveset

My work machine started life as a Vista Machine, that was upgraded to Windows 7, with a healthy dose of custom setting (thanks to the IT department ) - but now that I'm on a genuine Win7 machine - I do see the *.TSL files right where everyone said they would be!

Elantric

FWIW - the latest BTS version 1.10 update now features an "off-line" mode

udarnick

Quote from: cjb on July 15, 2015, 05:14:12 AM<This is a re-edited version>

If you want to access the Live Sets without having the GT-100, you can download the GT-100 Boss Tone Central app, and connect to ToneCloud.
The software will automatically cache the TSL livesets in

I have a Pocket GT and I installed desktop version of both pocket GT and GT-1 to get the livesets from GT-1 to Pocket GT.  I see the livesets for GT-1 in "/Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/BOSS-TONE-STUDIO-for-GT-1/Local Store/livesets", but I cannot find the same directory for Pocket GT.  Would you know it is stored on a recent Mac Silicon? I owuld like to be able to backup both livesets.