Previous topic - Next topic

kloniwotski

PATCH NAME: fr8hop

Version: 0.1a

Category: Others

Style: Blues

Description:

This patch rings a variation on Dave Coffin's Sarod Duet patch

( https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,1075.0.html )

which uses input level to bend the B channel, the note returning to normal pitch as the volume fades.

I've toned down the amount of bend on channel B to something more in the range of double tracking, but then used a different method to achieve a similar detune effect on the other channel - this is done in assign 2, by controling the delay time on channel A's Warp Echo effect. With the parameters used, this seems to give a sudden rise in pitch up to the played note when input is moderately high, a bit like a bottleneck rushing up to the right pitch.

In the accompanying mp3, you hear me messing with a couple of bluesy riffs using this patch (please excuse the playing, I'm emphatically not a blues purist!). In the first bit you can hear the note-bending on the chord above the chunk-a-chunk part, which sounds a bit like string-bending or a bottleneck, but is just fretted normally. The following section is in there for the "wonky double tracked" sound.

The EQ and tone could be improved a fair bit, I imagine - any further revisions would be welcome!

(By varying the delay parameters for channel A and the assign 2 parameters, some very whacky noises indeed are possible!)

FileType: mid

maxdaddy