Behringer. PP-1 Pitch to CV and MIDI Eurorack Module

Started by scratch17, May 04, 2023, 02:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scratch17

https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=P0ETU

$99 @ SWater. I will buy one first. If this decently well, I'll get six of them.
Hamer Duotone, Brian Moore i213, Taylor 710 BCE 

VG-99, FC-300, RMC Fanout
RJM Mastermind GT10
Kemper Profiling Amp
Radial JDV Mk3, X-Amp
Mesa Recto Pre + 20/20
68 Fender Bandmaster (AB763)
Marshal AS80R

UA Apollo X6, Twin X, Logic Pro, Luna, Melodyne Studio

jim-analog

Greetings,

Scratch17, I'm very interested in your observations of this device. Please keep us updated.

Also, does anyone know what type of circuitry does the PV and envelope to CV conversions?

Regards, Jim

maan108

Great news!
So we will able to say goobye to GK stuff to produce MIDI from guitar ??? Should be usefull some video to see tracking and other parameters that are the pain of guitar to midi matter.

Elantric

QuoteGreat news!
So we will able to say goobye to GK stuff to produce MIDI from guitar

That happened with Jam Origin MIDI GUITAR

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?board=281.0
 But for most here, we know the GK 13 pin VGuitar systems and SY-1000 are MUCH better and lower latency than any  MIDI guitar

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=14088.0

maan108

" But for most here, we know the GK 13 pin VGuitar systems and SY-1000 are MUCH better and lower latency than any  MIDI guitar "

Only to specify,  my previous sentence originally was :
"So we will able to say goobye to GK stuff to produce MIDI from guitar ???
For some reason the three question mark was deleted during the post. I was quite skeptic about this new product in absence of other info.
I've  GR33 and GR55 and after reading some info about the AXON i got it but after comparison I can say that GRxx are better in tracking and timing question.
So let still to appreciate our device but who knows what tomorrom can bring !

scratch17

As with many Behringer products, nothing new has been offered about this product since it was announced. I signed up for email updates, but have had nothing communicated. 

So far it's vaporware.

RJM Mastermind GT10
Kemper Profiling Amp
Radial JDV Mk3, X-Amp
Mesa Recto Pre + 20/20
Marshal AS80R

Elantric

Like 80% of all Behringer Synth product announcements past 5 years - throwing ideas at a dart board , and only build the low hanging fruit with highest  demand

Thomann.de says 9 weeks away
https://www.thomannmusic.com/behringer_perfect_pitch.htm

scratch17

There have been a few 'demos' of the PP-1 on YT posted in the last two weeks. All have been a joke IMHO. In one case the host can't play guitar and wears a dick covering over his head. On another, the hosts have obviously no idea how the PP-1 should work. In the only serious attempt, the review is broken down into 5 videos of over 1 hour each. Most of the time the host is just sitting on camera and he isn't doing anything. The good news is he says tracking is very fast, but I couldn't watch most of his review. It was way too boring. I did hear him say that the calibration pots were on the back so if this thing does actually work well enough for live work, it will behoove the user to place the module in a Eurorack case with an open back.

None of the videos show how to set the MIDI channel, nor do they show more than a single module used for mono playing. Also the prevailing demo synth targets are mostly modular with lots of effects. Not a good demo target synth.

Still, the few moments I saw from the too long 5 part videos where the host played MIDI softsynths, the PP-1 seemed to work passably well. And for $99 I guess it's worth waiting for a demo that answers the question as to whether this will actually work well enough

RJM Mastermind GT10
Kemper Profiling Amp
Radial JDV Mk3, X-Amp
Mesa Recto Pre + 20/20
Marshal AS80R