PD Space Guitar Synthesizer BETA 1.1.0 is online

Started by PD FX, December 17, 2020, 06:17:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PD FX

With a hint of synth mixed in, this slow attack and gain (new upcoming remote option) make the tone soft in approach and lyrical in sustain.

PD FX

One of my favourite hobbys: guitar drifting

Yadrichik Chaya

Quote from: Paul Driessen on May 13, 2023, 11:21:03 PMOne of my favourite hobbys: guitar drifting

AMAZING!  :)
So happy you decided to create PD SGS despite some complaining on and on about the upcoming release of MG3!  8) Hahaha funny that you're playing on a Jamstik Studio Pro!  ;D

PD FX

Quote from: Yadrichik Chaya on May 16, 2023, 06:19:32 AMAMAZING!  :)
So happy you decided to create PD SGS despite some complaining on and on about the upcoming release of MG3!  8) Hahaha funny that you're playing on a Jamstik Studio Pro!  ;D
Thanks! But let me explain that I'm not working for or affiliated with Jamorigin. I worked for them as a freelancer  until oktober 2020: from then on I've been an independent developer. The underlying technique in PD Space Guitar also has nothing to do with jamorigin's MIDI Guitar 2 and/or MIDI Guitar 3.

PD FX

Beta 1.3.47 will be out this weekend.

Yadrichik Chaya

I bought a left-handed Yamaha Pacifica really cheap yesterday, this is my very first time playing a left-handed guitar.  ;D
I recorded it UNPLUGGED! 8) using the iPad microphone and PD Space Guitar Synthesizer, playing over a rhythm I made in Lumbeat's Indian Drummer...  ;)

Thought I'd share it here:

PD FX

Quote from: Yadrichik Chaya on May 26, 2023, 01:59:59 PMI bought a left-handed Yamaha Pacifica really cheap yesterday, this is my very first time playing a left-handed guitar.  ;D
I recorded it UNPLUGGED! 8) using the iPad microphone and PD Space Guitar Synthesizer, playing over a rhythm I made in Lumbeat's Indian Drummer...  ;)

Thought I'd share it here:

very nice! 

PD FX

Quote from: Elantric on May 29, 2023, 01:36:46 PMhttp://spaceguitar.pauldriessen.de/index.php?board=6.0&fbclid=IwAR2KMc0jD5XTS3nRfnEaBr_EwhKjQnQM-3LpT3JpZcOefSYsjiYtcex1zs4
the official release "PD Space Guitar Synthesizer 2" will be based upon the release candidate 1.3.47
So the documentation is valid for the beta 1.3.47. but I upped the displayed version number for getting the manual done ;)

PD FX

Basso d'Amoro and a few other presets I made today for the upcoming release of SG 2

billbax

A refreshing break from hardware based demos, especially over the past 24 hours  8)

PD FX

Quote from: billbax on July 20, 2023, 12:13:45 PMA refreshing break from hardware based demos, especially over the past 24 hours  8)
thanks!
I was a hardware boy once,! too ;) .. but my skills for hardware design are limited, so I better keep on programming.

billbax

Hi Paul,
Your latest demo is extremely impressive with no apparent glitches! If I wasn't so two guitars, bass & drums, I would pounce on your software straightaway.

Vaultnaemsae

Hey Paul, Is your app ever going to make it back to macOS?
Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

PD FX

Quote from: Vaultnaemsae on July 20, 2023, 05:57:15 PMHey Paul, Is your app ever going to make it back to macOS?
I don't know, I'm mostly too opitmistic when trying to look into the future. I still need to position Space Guitar somewhere in the iOS market. There might be a in between way, having an IAP for using it on macos.

kevorkian

I'd also love to have macOS support. If nothing else, it would make it easier to integrate into my recording setup as I'm often reluctant to setup an iPad for this.

jassy

Windows version would be awesome, I would pay another full license (I own the IOS version of this amazing guitarsynth).
I know its at the end of the line, but never lost the hope.  ;)
Thanks for your work.

PD FX

There is a new public beta, now I hope this is the final one. I like to thank my closed beta helpers for giving me detailed feedback, especially on older machines. Special thanks to Macciza Macpherson for this!
I used it on stage last night's session here, and I loved it. I had a 100w mini class D pedalamp going into a Celestion Vintage 30 cabinet, and that was loud enough, sounded warm and nice and it was easy enough to dial in the righ tone by adjusting the 3 band EQ on the amp. The patches in SG are all made for hifi. But it seems easy enough to just dial in the amp tone to compensate for that.
PD Space Guitar Synthesizer 1.3.55 Public Beta
- Improved Engine: way less CPU is used, up to 100% less CPU used per instance of the plugin. Now you can safely load 2 or more Space Guitars into your host (eg. AUM)
- Optimised patch switching for less CPU spikes. Switch fast with MIDI for stage performances, even with multiple Space Guitars in AUM. The automatic midi zoning allows for different patches being loaded in different instances. This is specially interesting for Chapman Stick, double neck guitar or even hexaphonic applications. Or maybe you want your voice through SG as well ( there is a extra low latency setting for that!)
-PRESERVE  now force the original spectrum envelop over the pitched sound: great for keeping your guitar a guitar while pitching down. 50% is about hte optimum, 100% is a bit strange, but nice effct.
- ENV follower in REMOTE: sliders now only updated 10 times per seconds: the actual ENV used for audio is still at max rate. The CPU use was way too high for the pure indicative slider movealongs, also the host will not see thousands of ENV param changes per second this way....
- Fixed some Thread vulnerabilities

Allomerus

Quote from: Paul Driessen on July 20, 2023, 11:53:15 AMBasso d'Amoro and a few other presets I made today for the upcoming release of SG 2

Great work! Well done. I am interested...

PD FX

Beta 1.3.59 is up on testflight, if all is well I'll hit the publish button soon

PD FX

I didnt get any crash reports from users BUT I found an annoying bug myself, which costed me a lot of time to find. In the end, the fix was easy enough. While I was at it, I've upgraded the overdrive with 4* oversampling.
The symmetric waveshaper (odd harmonics, OVERDRIVE) and the assymetric  waveshaper ( even harmonics, SQUEEL ) now sound much better. Having both squeel and overdrive engaged multiplies the harmonics high up.. so that is why the oversampling comes in to give room for those bat/cat harmonics, and to be able to filter them out again.
Here a real squeely example, going in the sitar direction

gumtown

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

whippinpost91850

PD FX

worked so hard.. deserved to jam a bit.. a few presets, all pitched up 5 steps, first one is the other way around

PD FX

the new 11 band graphic EQ in Space Guitar: gentle octave bands with -inf attenuation. Feels a bit like a tube tonestack, but then bigger and more flexible.
with builtin spectral display that is rather accurate.
here some metallic rock, the drums may be bit too loud, but that is how I played it over headphones.
The stereo feel comes from the new pseudo stereo input effect: it divides frequencies left and right, but the mono sum is still in phase.