Création Du Monde SY Vangelis Tribute

Started by Nobulusprime, June 13, 2022, 02:14:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nobulusprime

I thought I'd use the SY1000 to create a patch as a homage to Vangelis.

All played live and in one patch on the SY I attempted Création Du Monde which was orginially recorded in late 1969 and first released in 1972 for a French TV wildlife TV series entitled L'Apocalypse Des Animaux.

I first heard this music as a 12 year old when watching Carl Sagan's Cosmos whilst onboard 'the Ship of the Imagination'. The spacey ambient lydian feel of the 'theme' subliminally influenced me.

I'll post the patch later in the week

abbaby

When I imagine drums taking place along with this 'Creation du Monde' music I can actually hear a Genesis/Phil Collins song - Lion King era tune from those lovely notes. What key is that?

Brak(E)man

Beautiful music, both playing and programming
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

Nobulusprime

Quote from: abbaby on July 23, 2022, 12:34:53 PMWhen I imagine drums taking place along with this 'Creation du Monde' music I can actually hear a Genesis/Phil Collins song - Lion King era tune from those lovely notes. What key is that?

I think it's A Lydian, so really in E with an A drone.

gumtown

Beautiful and soothing, very good !! Thanks for sharing and caring  :)
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

mrz80

Quote from: Nobulusprime on June 13, 2022, 02:14:51 PMI thought I'd use the SY1000 to create a patch as a homage to Vangelis.

All played live and in one patch on the SY I attempted Création Du Monde which was orginially recorded in late 1969 and first released in 1972 for a French TV wildlife TV series entitled L'Apocalypse Des Animaux.

I first heard this music as a 12 year old when watching Carl Sagan's Cosmos whilst onboard 'the Ship of the Imagination'. The spacey ambient lydian feel of the 'theme' subliminally influenced me.

I'll post the patch later in the week

Listening to this and other stuff you've posted, I think you clearly hear things in your head the way I hear them. :D
Jesus freak, guitarist, luthier, bicyclist, ham (WA4UF)...
Turning every scrap of wood in the garage into Les Pauls, Telecasters, and 12 strings

aliensporebomb

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.