Can try FTP without register it?

Started by jassy, May 22, 2013, 04:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jassy

Hello

well just received my FTP (thanks for the GB)

First problem is that there is NOT a CD with drivers and software (I have not the slightest interest in the software, because I have Kontakt, Guitar Rig and Sampletank and I use Cubase 6).
Well opened the fihsman web support and .... I need to register to download the driver??!?
I dont want to register yet, I only want to try the unit, why is not it Already included in the package?
Is there a way to download the software (the Fishman one, not the other VSTis and apps) to be able to try it?
I can try without the Fishmann software? (I have read that I need the Fishman app in order to work it correctly.

Any input very appreciated.

Zummooz

If they sent out a CD it would all have been outdated by the time you got it.
The way they have done it is best, saves broken CD's etc. (been there, done that)

You NEED to register on the Fishman site. No other way !!

You ONLY need to download the Fishman App, to use with what you have already.

You can sell the unit BUT .....
If for whatever reason I need to sell my TriplePlay bundle, but I've already scratched off and used the registration card, can the next buyer register the product and be able to use TriplePlay normally?
If you do sell the unit, the buyer can purchase a code card from Fishman by emailing us, which will allow a used unit to be reauthorized. This will cost $30 plus shipping (the code card is shipped - not emailed).
http://www.fishman.com/tripleplay/faqs
The  Fact  Is......"We  are  all  tactile  creatures  &  physical  interaction  has  always  been  a  big  part  of  making  music"

jassy

Quote from: Zummooz on May 22, 2013, 05:21:39 AM
If they sent out a CD it would all have been outdated by the time you got it.
The way they have done it is best, saves broken CD's etc. (been there, done that)

You NEED to register on the Fishman site. No other way !!

You ONLY need to download the Fishman App, to use with what you have already.

You can sell the unit BUT .....
If for whatever reason I need to sell my TriplePlay bundle, but I've already scratched off and used the registration card, can the next buyer register the product and be able to use TriplePlay normally?
If you do sell the unit, the buyer can purchase a code card from Fishman by emailing us, which will allow a used unit to be reauthorized. This will cost $30 plus shipping (the code card is shipped - not emailed).
http://www.fishman.com/tripleplay/faqs

Thanks for the response.

I want to try it before registering I have a lot of midi devices and I want to be sure before registering.

After many years buying hardware is the first time that I have to register to download a driver and what is worse with an economic damage of $ 30 plus shipping!!. Fishman lives in that world? bad, very bad Fishman.

I find it unacceptable and an unnecessary harm to the user.

merman93

You will be disappointed if you don't register and download at the very least the Fishman Application. The newest firmware tracks better, and has a different sensitivity curve, than the firmware that was preloaded on all three units I've received.

To update the firmware, you must pair the controller with the receiver and start the Fishman app. You can then also load your preferences into the controller, pitch bend range, dynamic algorithm etc.

Once that procedure is completed, you would not necessarily require the App to use with all of your hardware or software synths.

Edit/added- I understand your concerns. That is the benefit of being a member of the Vguitar forums, you can weigh out the Pros and Cons of a piece of gear before using it, by reading reviews by trusted members. There are certain posters who I nearly always agree with, and they provide the details that I'm interested in. I always look for those particular posts.

Are there particular questions of using the TriplePlay with your gear, such as multi timbral settings, ability to select specific midi channels, expression pedal/Hold pedal etc i will do my best to assist.

I never thought that I would have a use for Poly mode due to the performance of Roland gear. But, surprisingly, more of my saved patches use that mode than 6 channel mono mode. I have had to totally rethink my system after FTP, and although that means it will be a while before I have totally integrated the FTP into my system, when the integration is completed, it will be a beast.
Ibanez RG 1520 GK
Ibanez RG 420 GK
Ibanez RG 920 (GK KIT)
Ibanez RGA 121 (GK 3)
Fender Deluxe Players Strat (GK KIT)
Roland GC 1/G 505/G 707
Hamer Phantom A7 (24 pin)
BX 13 (24 -13 pin converter)
GP-10
FishmanTripleplay (2)
VG 88 2.0
Apple Imac/Logic 9
MOTU Utralite 3
Kemper (2)
Gemini 2 Active FRFR

Elantric

I'll add you also need to set the hardware "Audio input" type in the FTP GUI Control Panel before the  FTP GUI can reliably see the FTP Receiver

This is covered here:
Fishman TriplePlay TOP THINGS TO KNOW
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=8427.msg60207#msg60207

jassy

Thanks merman93 for your offer.
I finally resigned myself and registered the FTP. Not happy with this I still think the same thing and I consider it unacceptable the system implemented by Fishman to accessing a simple driver (remember I don't want the other software and i can understand a registration for it).

Well, for the moment I'm very good sensations, definitely its a step in the right direction.

The FTP app is a bit confusing, I don't understand i yet. Also the "receiver not connected" problem is easy to get, after some frustration discovered its because your host could open the "other" midi port (here called midi in 2 triple play) and then the plug in cant see the driver. 

hmm... were I can change the pitchbend range? don't see it.

Elantric, are you sure is necessary to set the hardware "Audio input" type in the FTP GUI Control Panel before the  FTP GUI can reliably see the FTP Receiver? what do you mean? to assign an effect plugin to the guitar channel?

Elantric

QuoteElantric, are you sure is necessary to set the hardware "Audio input" type in the FTP GUI Control Panel before the  FTP GUI can reliably see the FTP Receiver? what do you mean?

This is specifically stated the FTP Release Notes , and I have validated this on both my Tripleplay systems (Mac OSX 10.7.5, and Win7 64 Pro) -

http://www.fishman.com/software/tripleplay/download/tripleplay_releasenotes_2412.pdf
Quote[
Issue #197] FTP Controller not found when no audio device is selected.
Workaround:
Select an audio output device from the preferences menu. The TriplePlay software will not be able to detect its hardware without a working audio output.

Upon first installation, on both my Mac or Win7 systems the following error occurs

1) Launch FTP GUI Control Panel

2) Error message occurs "Receiver not found"

3) Open the FTP GUI Preferences, set the Audio Device Settings, Must set your Desired Input and Output. On Windows, you must use an Audio Interface with an ASIO Driver, or ASIO4ALL to use your Mobo/Laptop internal Sound.

4) Exit the  FTP GUI Control Panel

5)  Relaunch FTP GUI Control Panel, and now you should get a successful connection with the FTP USB Receiver

If you do not perform these steps, and omit setting the Input Audio Device, you will never get a FTP GUI Connection to the FTP Receiver.

From  FTP User Guide PDF Doc Page 10

--
Audio Hardware Settings
Configure TriplePlay to work with whatever method you're using to get sound in and out of your computer. (The most common configuration options are covered in Typical TriplePlay Setups.)
To reveal these settings, click Options near the upper-left corner of the main window, and then Preferences. The Preferences window appears (figure 3).
If you don't intend to use traditional guitar, select your preferred built-in audio drivers for input and output.
If you're simply plugging in to the computer's built-in audio input using an adapter plug, choose Built-In Output and Built-In Input. If you've downloaded a third party ASIO driver, you may also use that as your option for audio output.
If you're using a dedicated audio interface, make sure it's connected. Its name should appear as an option in the output and input fields. If the device has more than two channels of input and/or output, you can select which channels to use.
If your audio interface has multiple outputs, all available options
appear here (figure 4).
You can leave everything else at its default setting for now.
Press the Test button. If your interface is properly configured, you should hear a test tone through your speakers or headphones. Next, try playing a few notes on your guitar (if you're using traditional guitar in addition to MIDI). The meter beneath the Test button should illuminate as you play. (If the signal seems too weak or too loud, adjust the levels via the controls on your interface, and make sure your guitar's volume controls are all the way up!)
Note that this meter only measures the signal from your traditional pickups, not the synth and sampler sounds you create within TriplePlay. (If you're not clear on this distinction, please read MIDI vs. traditional guitar.)

imerkat

I didn't want to start a new thread but I have a question about this topic. I have the App and updated my tripleplay but what else i get with the registration? do i get VST software with .dll extension? i haven't been able to add the software to my DAW like i have with KONTAKT 5 player which seem very similar

admin

RTM -
https://www.fishman.com/support/tripleplay-support-materials/

you get unlock codes to several apps included in the FTP software bundle, but more importantly you get pre-made FTP compatible patches for IK Multimedia Sampletank and NI Reaktor.