TriplePlay software and Sampletank 3

Started by alfstone, November 29, 2014, 01:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colan

I'll do that today.  I'm just making room for ST Max on my lappy.

colan

Well-  SampleTank Max will not install . 
Installation message is ' Installed correctly '-  but it's not.
Neither the standalone nor plugin will open.   Message is  ' Please ensure program is installed correctly ' followed by ' SampleTank 3.exe has stopped working '
The USB stick supplied gets very hot and the damned thing hangs for at least a half-hour when loading.  Four times I've tried to run it.   Heap of junk.
Now I've got to take it up with the frayed bods at IK Multimedia.    This business is still in its infancy.
I'm finding it difficult to understand why a smooth-running application like TriplePlay would want to get involved with this lot.

colan

Lots of complaints from 2014-  but I'd have thought that these issues would be addressed by now;
http://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8463&start=0

I've asked for support and I'll see what turns up by the new year.

Vaultnaemsae

I do recall having issues with SampleTank 3 Max but eventually got it all working. Once it was working I reinstalled TP software and then rescanned the libraries/Multis in ST3. The folder library structure of IK is a bit confusing until you get your head around it.

Having said that IK Multimedia's customer service is pure crap and I'm about ready to sell all my licenses related to their products in protest (Read headline: 'Old man shouts at cloud'). Unfortunate, as I like pretty much all their software but all interactions with them result in various combinations of weeks of waiting, condescending responses and no resolutions.

If you need help with your installation please feel free to PM me.

Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

plethoraguy

Agreed!   IK will never see another penny out of me.

colan

Thank you, Vaultnaemsae-   that's a very kind offer.    It reminds me of the early days of PC Pitstop, when folk would display expansive generosity in their efforts to advise and solve problems for total strangers, worldwide.  You're a gem.

With regard to my problem I was contacted by IK Multimedia support yesterday-  and after a swift exchange of emails IK laid out a registry hack which worked-  so I now have SampleTank Max installed .  I've had to steer various audio apps towards its .dll entry but it now seems available and stable-  although I haven't yet had a chance to delve into its possibilities.
TriplePlay couldn't find it until I steered Jam Origin MIDI Guitar to it ( it has a single file search function -  very useful )  -  and then it appeared in TriplePlay .  Quite why that would be is a mystery-  but I'll just accept it and move on.

For anybody interested the installation problem stemmed from attempting to install SampleTank 3 along with TriplePlay's freebie offers.  That made registry entries of which I was unaware and which prevented the purchased SampleTank Max from installing properly.  I know this because SampleTank Max installed as expected on another Windows 7 rig which had no previous SampleTank 3 entries.
In summary, TP and IK don't really have their heads together -  but the problems are solvable if you persist.  They are problems I could well have done without though.   I wouldn't have bought ST Max after the initial disappointment with ST 3 via TP downloads-  but it was a gift so I've seen it through.

colan

Here's a related question then;

SampleTank 2 patches appear in TriplePlay as named and selectable items in the TP Factory samples.
Is it possible to have SampleTank 3 patches appear the same way ?